Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Squeezed out, I suspect.

I'm sure she'll have to sign some sort of confidentiality document before she gets her golden handshake.

tipping infractions coming, and she does not want to face QC in this goldmine for Lawyers

we often joke about it but Sports carries SO much weight here in OZ as compared many other countries.

we are somewhat unique

Yes and we deify people simply because they have a talent to throw, catch, kick etc. Having a brain or compassion for humanity always comes second.

• Like 3

This is without doubt the worst thread ever on Demonland, just a bunch of people praying another club hits the wall, it's very sad reading and I hope the Bombers get off because they don't deserve what you Ambulance Drivers are hoping for , the whole bunch of you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

Are you on drugs mjt? Of course good demon supporters must hate Essendrug (and all others IMO). What is wrong with you? Eff them!!

This threads for skunks people that chase Ambulances, see how we feel if Trengove cops an fraction notice its without doubt the worst thread that's been on this forum .

This threads for skunks people that chase Ambulances, see how we feel if Trengove cops an fraction notice its without doubt the worst thread that's been on this forum .

Fair point mjt, Moonshadow is a skunk who is reading this thread. However I'm not sure if Trengove would be overly concerned about a "fraction notice". Or are you refering to his game time?

Fair point mjt, Moonshadow is a skunk who is reading this thread. However I'm not sure if Trengove would be overly concerned about a "fraction notice". Or are you refering to his game time?

I love the humour mate as far as I'm concerned the only people winning in this saga are the lawyers and as far as I'm concerned they are the bottom of the barrel.
  • Like 1

Im not up to date Infraction!

This is without doubt the worst thread ever on Demonland, just a bunch of people praying another club hits the wall, it's very sad reading and I hope the Bombers get off because they don't deserve what you Ambulance Drivers are hoping for , the whole bunch of you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

Is that you, James?

But seriously, simmering anger waiting to be validated is always ugly.

That the whole massive issue was first sensationalised by the governing authorities, has then been cast by the spin merchants at Essendon as some kind of conspiracy against them, was given a blunt-trauma 'political solution' by the AFL governing body, and has wallowed in a bog of half-information, leaks and counter-leaks by all parties, and after more than a year of this critical issue which goes to the heart of the AFL's viability and credibility as a sport we seem to be less informed that at the commencement of the whole sordid affair... sheesh, excuse people for being cranky.

What we do all know is that the Essendon club leaders have repeatedly affirmed that while they have no actual idea (or records, which is just absurd) of what was injected, they are sure that there was nothing 'inappropriate'. It's an above the law attitude that in itself needs to be ripped down in every way possible.

And finally, just to recap on what is known.

The Essendon Football Club engaged in a prolonged program of unidentified injections administered by 'consultants'. A program for which there was no mechanism to ensure legality or safety. They established institutional structures, expectations of behaviour, and 'physio' methods which enabled them at any time of their choosing to engage in a systematic doping program without the knowledge of the AFL, other clubs, ASADA, or even the players themselves.

• Like 6

ambulance chasers?

hang on a minute. Essendon systematically injected their entire list with drugs that were not fit for human consumption. given the implications for players health and not to mention the integrity of the game (with people who have cheated currently playing) they have been slapped over the back of the wrist with a wet lettuce so far. the rest of the clubs are not deterred from the same course of action by the punishments Essendon were given by the AFL, but by the fear of the punishments ASADA NEED to dish out to ensure this never happens again.

If ASADA do nothing and nothing happens, there is effectively nothing stopping a club doing the same thing again and claiming it was the result of one rogue operator who becomes the scapegoat, and meanwhile their players reap the benefits for years (yes, YEARS) to come.

This is not about Essendon. this is about AFL and sport in general - no one wants to watch sport where some have taken drugs and others haven't.

• Like 5

Baloney. Almost all, actually probably all posters have expressed concern for the players and what this has done to our game. The club should suffer so that no one thinks that they can get away with that sort of behaviour in future. I'd say it is more like police car chasing than ambulance chasing. So what if a few posters have gloated a bit because they have a long-standing dislike of Essendon for things like the thuggish the 2000 GF.

• Like 2

Your nothing but a bunch of Ambulance chasers

Baloney. Almost all, actually probably all posters have expressed concern for the players and what this has done to our game. The club should suffer so that no one thinks that they can get away with that sort of behaviour in future. I'd say it is more like police car chasing than ambulance chasing. So what if a few posters have gloated a bit because they have a long-standing dislike of Essendon for things like the thuggish the 2000 GF.

That post says it all, I not getting stuck in this thread for 10 months, Trengove hasn't been cleared be careful what you wish for Ambulance Chasers.

This is not about Essendon. this is about AFL and sport in general - no one wants to watch sport where some have taken drugs and others haven't.

This and mjt's reference to Trengove demonstrates by how much mjt misses the point.

This transcends club politics; it's about our game and about sport in this country. The eyes of the world are on us and if we show them we don't have the stomach for catching and exposing the cheats, we all suffer in the end.

That's not to suggest that the players in this scenario (mostly from Essendon) are cheats but those who set them up certainly are. Unfortunately for the players concerned, if it's proven they took prohibited substances then they will have to wear the consequences like everyone else, irrespective of who they play for.

• Like 2

Your nothing but a bunch of Ambulance chasers That post says it all, I not getting stuck in this thread for 10 months, Trengove hasn't been cleared be careful what you wish for Ambulance Chasers.

If you have a problem with this thread, why are you hanging around posting on it?

... given the implications for players health and not to mention the integrity of the game ...

Perhaps of interest to recall that drugs were first banned from sport in the early 60's not because it was unethical, or cheating, but because it was dangerous - prompted in particular by the death of Knud Jensen at the 1960 Olympics. Having athletes collapse mid-race was a step too far.

I heard a theory this morning Suggesting that The judge was installed and the CEO is "retiring" because there are no charges.

Suggestion is the Government finds it unbelievable that no infractions notices will be issued.

Supposedly they ( Minister ) weas told late last year that the chances of infraction notices being issue was very low!

Info from A person heavily involved in the political world

your right and im top of the pile.

i dont care that dons drugged players.

i dont care dons systematically cheated.

i dont care that all new players to the code will have a big say in whats injected into their body from now on.

i dont care if the bombers fold.

i dont care if jimbob implodes and never instructs young people again.

its a different opinion ,

have a nice day fella.

btw biggestred articulates this much better than i,

but looking at his haircut ,thats understandable.

• Like 1

Clarkson is getting the ball rolling.

More and more respected influential AFL people will speak out in the coming months.

And the messages will be clear - we dont want James Hird back in the AFL, and we will make sure it doesn't happen.

He intentionally cheated, or at very least tried to cheat, yet he is still in the hall of fame and regarded by many as a hero.

Our game is in the deepest disrepute in our history, yet some still defend him.

• Like 3

ASADA CEO, Aurora Andruska announces her retirement to take effect in May.

Strange goings-on in ASADA lately. Hard to know what to make of it.

very strange decision but I notice the relevant Minister is now overseeing the investigation. That too is weird.

• Like 2

very strange decision but I notice the relevant Minister is now overseeing the investigation. That too is weird.

anyone know who the minister is and who he barracks for

surely an asada investigation is supposed to be, and seen to be, politics free

anyone know who the minister is and who he barracks for

surely an asada investigation is supposed to be, and seen to be, politics free

Responsible minister is the Minster for Sport, Mr. Peter Dutton. Dickson QLD

No idea who he supports but unlikely to be Essendon you would think.