Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

There is one thing that concerns me.

If Dank was knocked back for a job at Melbourne, was this a widely advertised position?

Who if any was the successful applicant?

Do we have any new names on our Staff list?

Perhaps some of you "Insiders" can shed some light on this.

didn't know dank was inline for a job with us?

But here is a good article on Dank & on supplements & on clubs admin roles. >

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/dons-should-have-dumped-dank-220869

Edited by dee-luded

Some dingbat over at Bomberblitz posted that the punishment should be:

¥øU®_†£åM

Play Melbourne 22 times a year.

If I could be bothered registering over there I would point out we would be happy to beat them 22 times in a season.

• Like 1

As some of you know I am close friends with a very high profile, senior player from another club. If you know who this player is please do not mention the name on this forum.

Mid last year I was speaking to him about recreation drugs in the AFL and he said that the problem with recreation drugs in the AFL was less than it was 5 years ago, and less than in the general community. He said he could not understand why the AFL was putting so much effort into recreational drugs as in his opinion performance enhancing drugs were the real problem. He then went onto say that a new substance was widely used at Essendon and Collingwood. Further players from other clubs were also on this new substance. He said that this substance could not be tested for and he thought was not yet explicitly on the banned list. This substance gave benefit to strength, injury recovery, training and match recovery and endurance.

In a recent conversation about Lance Armstrong he again complained about doping in the AFL. What this tells me that inside AFL circles this problem has been known about for some time. The AFL has been slow in reacting to this.

It almost makes you think that all this 3 strikes biz is just a masking agent for something more sinister.

• Like 1

Robbo from HS has tweeted that the AFL have stood down players after a strike, "general soreness"......

Think of players who have missed blocks of games with mystery injuries. Maybe a hammy that was 1 week that become 4.........

Half of Melbourne's list!

• Like 2

Robbo from HS has tweeted that the AFL have stood down players after a strike, "general soreness"......

Think of players who have missed blocks of games with mystery injuries. Maybe a hammy that was 1 week that become 4.........

patrick Smith wrote about it in the Australian this morning.

If correct the 3 strike system is a complete waste of time.

Vlad's term in office is certainly turning into a Situation comedy.

Where is all the talk about "disgusting" behaviour etc etc she was labelling the D's with and when it comes to another club all of a sudden it is reported totally differently. If you ever needed proof of how poor a journalist she is, this is it. A journalist is supposed to be even handed and report on facts. CW is a shocker.

For starters, the story has just broken......she has already condemned Hird for claiming he did not know and she is right.

I love it when people make judgements about journalists being even handed and report the facts when those people are not in possession of any of the actual facts themselves.

FWIW, in the short time available I think its a great starting article. And despite all the lynch mob bile thrown at her, I enjoy reading her articles.

I expect this will be the start of further articles on this subject. The drama has only just commenced.

maybe the AFL went so hard on tanking to make the public percieve that they are running a competition of total integrity

Seems like the reality is far different - they seem happy to facilitate a system where drug use is practically condoned & doping is not tested for?

I am reading Wilson right now. She goes in fairly hard. The personal attacks are not there.

But if these allegations are correct Essendon are finished.

I expect the league will want an answer before Round 1 considering the WADA bans are so strong...a year of this will not be wanted.

• Like 1

We dont know if they have smoking gun evidence that links Club official actions to intent. IMO this would be definitive and not subjective. The speculation on DLand is certainly subjective!

Hence my very intentional indicator of where I am getting my read on the evidence - ie the papers.

If ( and it is a very big if) the evidence is as the papers have reported then it is indeed subjective and open to interpretation.

2-4 weeks rings a bell...

For starters, the story has just broken......she has already condemned Hird for claiming he did not know and she is right.

I love it when people make judgements about journalists being even handed and report the facts when those people are not in possession of any of the actual facts themselves.

FWIW, in the short time available I think its a great starting article. And despite all the lynch mob bile thrown at her, I enjoy reading her articles.

I expect this will be the start of further articles on this subject. The drama has only just commenced.

you're not related to bb are you rr?

Hey Buddy give me a clue.

• Like 2

How long do you all think I'd last going to Essendrug's next training session dressed as a syringe?

The Chaser boys would be comedy gold in this instance.

The story has been flying about for months apparently. With Healy rumoured to have have given his thoughts to AA as far back as April/May of 2012. Possibly after this conference:

Page-Header-RTP20121-e1309144216979.jpg

She is nowhere on this and while she has had the bit between her teeth with us she has been beaten to the punch on the greater controversies of Adelaide's cap cheating and Essendon's possible systemic doping.

You mention 'a good starting article'...

Where was our 'good starting article?'

CW drove our story and went overboard with her accusations. She will have to quickly realise how much doping is far worse than experimentation or she will embarrass herself.

• Like 7

hmmmm....lol

Just love the transparency of it all.

More from the "Make it up as you go along for dummies " handbook I guess :unsure:

Hey Buddy give me a clue.

Frankl-y I dont give a damn !!

• Like 1