• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Essendon first round team

B: Fletcher

C: Goddard

F: Daniher (out, forgot he was at the club last year)

rest....who cares.

In all seriousness though I do feel for the players. They have been stupid if they have signed something like has been reported, misplaced faith or trying to get an unfair advantage. This will ruin careers if it is correct.

As much as i hate (and boy do i hate Essendon) i don't hate the players in all this. They are footballers, not footballers with an undergraduate in bio-science.

It's the Calais driving , smug like Jeremy Clarkson, Jimmy, Llloydy, Sheedy, our sh*t don't stink supporters that i am thinking about today.

And that makes me smile :)

• Like 2

Cheating by have drub ehanced players did not seem to help them as they were the only Melbourne-based team that we beat last year. Maybe more teams should be encouraged to give their players drugs?

They cannot possibly excuse the club for this. If the substances were found to be illegal then its their processes as a club that is at fault. The club must suffer the consequences.

Imagine if one or three players were caught using banned performance enhancing substances like steroids? They would be out for 2 yrs minimum. Just because 30 players took it doesn't mean they should get a different treatment. This is a real dilemma for the AFL.

As well the players would be quite right in suing Essendon saying 'you have damaged my livlihood and I can't earn a living'...

How can the AFL let players who have been the beneficiaries of a drug 'program' then take the field to compete against clubs whose players haven't??

Its a minefield.

• Like 1

They cannot possibly excuse the club for this. If the substances were found to be illegal then its their processes as a club that is at fault. The club must suffer the consequences.

Imagine if one or three players were caught using banned performance enhancing substances like steroids? They would be out for 2 yrs minimum. Just because 30 players took it doesn't mean they should get a different treatment. This is a real dilemma for the AFL.

As well the players would be quite right in suing Essendon saying 'you have damaged my livlihood and I can't earn a living'...

How can the AFL let players who have been the beneficiaries of a drug 'program' then take the field to compete against clubs whose players haven't??

Its a minefield.

AFL dont ban them, ASADA and WADA ban them. AFL just have to deal with it :)

...and you can't tell me the player managers didn't know anything about this. Where were they when documents needed to be signed, where were the players association, like many union officials they seem more interested in feathering their own nests, looking for the next big move, that right Benny, Andrew anyone....

Performance drink may give Manly an edge
July 27, 2005 - 5:19AM
SMH

An unpleasant tasting gluggy drink made from the bark of French Pine has been linked to Manly's fluctuating NRL season.

The Sea Eagles used the herbal anti-inflammatory treatment called Lact-Away for the first 12 rounds of the season - winning nine games.

But for the past six games the players have been off the formula, which is taken four hours before games and in smaller doses during the week, and the team has lost five times to slip to eighth on the NRL ladder.

Sea Eagles physiologist Steve Dank believes the treatment, which costs more than $300 a litre and is designed to protect athletes from muscle fatigue by reducing lactic-acid build up, is responsible for the team's dip in form.

"The players said they did notice a difference when they weren't on it," he told The Sydney Morning Herald.

"You've just got to look at our second halves in the first 12 weeks. No side could touch us in the second half."

Understandably, the Sea Eagles are back on the formula in their charge for the NRL finals.

I will get shouted down.

I am actually saddened - FCS, I just wanna verbally punch on about football - who is the best team, worst team. I wanna hate Carlton because I dont like their scummy players not because of any system Judd has rorted and I want to hate Essendon but not because they are sticking stuff in their arms.

The game is being overtaken by issues concerning tanking, salary cap breaches and drugs and that makes me sad.

• Like 13

As much as i hate (and boy do i hate Essendon) i don't hate the players in all this. They are footballers, not footballers with an undergraduate in bio-science.

It's the Calais driving , smug like Jeremy Clarkson, Jimmy, Llloydy, Sheedy, our sh*t don't stink supporters that i am thinking about today.

And that makes me smile :)

I cant believe the players let people inject anything into there bodies other than pain killers, its a blight on the game, and not a good look for children, makes our tanking problems look pretty insignificant.

Oh and the mail about Geelong is not good either.......

How is it that the drug testing program of the AFL did not pick this up???

I heard on triple m this morning that the substance they are suspected of taking is actually naturally produced by the human body. Without knowing an individual's baseline values, you can't test for it because you have nothing to compare the levels to. Different people have different levels apparently.

Eddie suggested getting a genetic profile of all players from the age of 16, so that if these levels drastically change later in life they can be investigated. He said this is what cycling is doing now.

Don't know if any of that is true, but that's what they said.

I'm imagining a competition with no Essendon for the next two years.

It's bloody beautiful.

I hate them with a passion, you guys have no idea how much I am reveling in their player mismanagement.

I don't think anything can top this off. Maybe North filing for bankruptcy but lets just take it one sadistic fantasy at a time shall we?

*back to my popcorn and Bomberblitz lol

Sorry, but I can't agree... sure, hate the club and hate their supporters, but show a little compassion for the players who could have ended up at any club but were unfortunate enough to wind up at Windy Hill. If they are found guilty and are to be severely punished, then I would like to see them permitted to stay in the competition but playing for no premiership points (in much the same way as Melbourne Storm were in the ARL).

I really don't want to see the entire fixture turned on its head and byes reintroduced; and on top of that, I really don't want to see innocent players barred from participating in something they have been working towards for most of their young lives.

• Like 1

Sorry, but I can't agree... sure, hate the club and hate their supporters, but show a little compassion for the players who could have ended up at any club but were unfortunate enough to wind up at Windy Hill. If they are found guilty and are to be severely punished, then I would like to see them permitted to stay in the competition but playing for no premiership points (in much the same way as Melbourne Storm were in the ARL).

I really don't want to see the entire fixture turned on its head and byes reintroduced; and on top of that, I really don't want to see innocent players barred from participating in something they have been working towards for most of their young lives.

Unfortunately it's out of the AFL's hands. This is not a competition decision it is an international drugs in sport issue and the players have been caught up in it like it or not.

I feel for the innocent players, especially Watson, but that is as far as my sympathy goes.

They deserve this. Signing confidentiality agreements for off-site injections- they must have known it wasn't above board. As for Hird saying he knew nothing of it that is just a stone faced lie. Suddenly the golden child isn't so golden anymore.

Ban them for 2 years. Failing that let them play the next two years for no premiership points and no picks sub round 2 of the draft. Also sack Hird and Bomber and have daily drug tests performed for the next 10 years.

Season 2013 is a bloody beauty already LOL!!! :)

• Like 3

Bet they wish they hadn't cut the Bendigo VFL team loose for this season.

A few of those players could have stepped up for a few extra bucks.

Depending on what levels the AFL/ASADA take their investigastions, they may be glad that they cut the Bendigo team loose... :ph34r:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/index.php?threads/Weapon-targeted!.978571/

Big footy thread started oct '12, seems on the money!!

Makes some big claims about one of our own coaches too, any legal experts on here?

Not quite an answer to your question, but worth looking at what Craig is quoted as saying here:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/more-sport/roos-chase-drug-cheats-harder/story-e6frfglf-1111114105966

The Bigfooty poster's claims aren't anything more than an attempt at guilt by association anyway.

If as the rumours are suggesting the issue is the use of the peptide hormone HGH {Human Growth hormone ) a whole new ball game opens up. HGH can only be used under the strict administration of a MEDICAL PRACTITIONER. A prescription must be issued with a specific quantity and daily dosage that does not exceed a period of 3 months. Without this it is a Federal offence to use and acquire the drug. Either a Medical Practitioner issued a prescription for each player that took part in the program or the drug was illegally obtained and used illegally. Interesting dayze indeed.

LOL- They're screwed!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-06/dons-players-legal-threat

There is speculation that a growth hormone peptide, known as GHRP6, may be the substance in question.

GHRP6 is a banned substance under the World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) code.

Ings said it was "a troubling substance", which led to one rugby union
player being banned for four years last year for the importation and
trafficking of the substance.

4 year ban for the importation and trafficking- how much for using and playing?

Lol this is the best!!

• Like 1

I will get shouted down.

I am actually saddened - FCS, I just wanna verbally punch on about football - who is the best team, worst team. I wanna hate Carlton because I dont like their scummy players not because of any system Judd has rorted and I want to hate Essendon but not because they are sticking stuff in their arms.

The game is being overtaken by issues concerning tanking, salary cap breaches and drugs and that makes me sad.

While I was initially happy it was not MFC, I have tempered this with some other thoughts. I am still happy MFC is not involved.

I am hoping that there is an engineered light tap solution for MFC out of tanking regardless of what the investigation found. Neither the AFL nor MFC want a protracted legal battle.

I am just wondering if this is possible if the Essendon matter is serious.

Its early days and there needs to be greater information rather than the current media heat on this. But if its really serious and engulfs Essendon and more then what?