MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION

Demonland

How Shannon Bynes gets a game in front of Rodan should be the stuff of judicial enquiry.

Rodan one of our best two weeks ago and not that bad last week!

This is a horrid decision!

David Rodan. Sorry about your treatment, I think you have grounds for complaint!

That isn't a like for like comparison though. Byrnes is in a battle with Kent, Davey and Tapscott amongst others for forwards who rotate into the midfield.

Rodan has been ineffectual when rested forward. He really is an around the ball midfielder who specializes with clearances. Against Syndey we were destroyed in clearances and also many Sydney midfielders including Jack racked up big numbers when opposed to Rodan.

It's no surprise the coaches had a preference to go with Sylvia, Jones, Grimes and Trengove for the main centre square mids than a guy on his last legs as an AFL player. Especially with Viney and McKenzie hopefully due to resume soon.

I am suffering a major case of 'withdrawal'. When is Spencil clear to play?

I dream of a team (not Casey) with Spencil, Gawn and Frisky Fitzy all running around.

There are a few clubs that have struggled when they've tried to get by with three ruckmen in the side. Why would we be any different?

Each year, the Demons are handed one of the shortest straws in the competition, as we are the only Victorian based club regularly scheduled to play the Cats in Geelong......WHY?.... Weve lost the last eight times to Geelong stretching back to a draw in 2006.

Perhaps the new admin could put in a request to the afl when the draw is coming up.....

Each year, the Demons are handed one of the shortest straws in the competition, as we are the only Victorian based club regularly scheduled to play the Cats in Geelong......WHY?.... Weve lost the last eight times to Geelong stretching back to a draw in 2006.

Perhaps the new admin could put in a request to the afl when the draw is coming up.....

Through adversity comes strength.

And all those other quotes etc...

• Like 1

because my best friend gets me into the prematch lunch and im the only person wearing a dee scarf

love it and cant wait until we take 4 points outta the joint

also sick of copping it from on a yearly basis, ive tried talking about the farms but he keeps turning it back to footy

that's why we play there, and heaven help em , when we finally crack them, it will be worth the wait

see you there on the weekend. enjoy

• Like 5

Why because we can't get 60K to the same game at the MCG. If we could we would get this as a home game. Until we start playing well and drawing good crowds we will get the Interstate draw which is playing most home games against interstate clubs at the MCG, this helps the AFL. All interstate clubs want more games at the MCG, the AFL doesn't want Collingwood, Hawthorn, Richmond playing home games at the MCG against interstate clubs or even the Bulldogs and North. They want the big clubs playing big games at the MCG and to appease the small vic clubs and interstate clubs they get the play the MFC at the G. This is why there is a two tier competition it is all about maximising match day attendance and the media rights which means the big clubs get the prime games in prime time slots in prime grounds. The bottom half get what is left over, this is why the AFL will always need to prop up clubs, they do it in different ways some financially and others by the fixture.

I totally agree with this, but lets be completely honest, even if we played Geelong on the moon tomorrow, we'd still lose.

• Like 2

At least most of our players could kick the distance when taking shots at goal. Although I don't know what the impact of less gravity is on banana kicks.

It would take a long time for the ball to reach the boot. In Fitzy's case it would never get there as his drop involves it goes up before it goes down.

• Like 2

It would take a long time for the ball to reach the boot. In Fitzy's case it would never get there as his drop involves it goes up before it goes down.

........and Nicholson would shank it into the sun and the game would be called off.

Edited by mrtwister

........and Nicholson would shank it into the sun and the game would be called off.

You both need to take a couple of physics classes.

• Like 1

there should be no problem with goal line reviews with everything moving that slowly.

I am absolutely certain that the AFL could still arrange somehow to stuff it up.

I totally agree with this, but lets be completely honest, even if we played Geelong on the moon tomorrow, we'd still lose.

With half our team in moon boots maybe we would have an advantage :-)

• Like 4

Mr T you obviously see what I see Nicholson should not be in the team Gee what a liability

How Shannon Bynes gets a game in front of Rodan should be the stuff of judicial enquiry.

Rodan one of our best two weeks ago and not that bad last week!

This is a horrid decision!

David Rodan. Sorry about your treatment, I think you have grounds for complaint!

In full agreement here. Rodan has worked his butt off and gives a lot of grunt in the packs. Pleased Blease is back but Rodan can consider himself unlucky.

• Like 1

In full agreement here. Rodan has worked his butt off and gives a lot of grunt in the packs. Pleased Blease is back but Rodan can consider himself unlucky.

I get the feeling Rodan was brought in for his stoppage work. Against the Swans last week he stood 80% of centre bounces and for memory didn't get a single clearance. Someone has to be held accountable.

I get the feeling Rodan was brought in for his stoppage work. Against the Swans last week he stood 80% of centre bounces and for memory didn't get a single clearance. Someone has to be held accountable.

Nathan Jones was on Kieran Jack for most of the game and got absolutely destroyed as well.

Nathan Jones was on Kieran Jack for most of the game and got absolutely destroyed as well.

I understand that. I was dissapointed. The point I'm making though is that someone has to be accountable. It was never going to be Jones or Sylvia who were much better than Rodan around the ground.