• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jimmy Toumpas

Old Man Rivers

I was concerned early in the year. I am still not sure why they played him.

Quite relaxed about Jimmy now. Quality delivery to the likes of Hogan should ensure that he is heavily targeted next year. It should prove to be a fascinating learning curve for him.

Next year is going to be exciting for MFC.

Did i just say that??

• Like 2

As one of the commentators said yesterday, something always happens when Wines has the ball.

Toump will be ok but Ollie is going to be a gun.

Well that shows the commentators don't really know what they're talking about.

Wines is a good young player, sure, but creative play-maker he is not, so that comment is baloney.

It's also pertinent to note that Wines was the sub yesterday. His game was good, sure, but before Cassisi went down, to state the obvious Wines was considered the 22nd player.

The continued Wines v Toumpas stuff is frustrating, especially given Toumpas has shown true development in the space of half a season (both pre- and post-Neeld).

• Like 1

Toumpas?? Vs Wines??
as per one of my earlier threads.... Hijacked as per usual!

No Contest
Wines is easily much much better than Jimmy, who will be OK when ball is delivered to him on platter!!
A better mans Cale methinks

We have stuffed up yet again!
Wines was sensational last night!
Irresistable!

Until Jimmy learns a bit of... ah confidence...

You do know the rest!!

And if any are in Doubt just take a close look at last weeks game early in the second quarter!

Wines... well what a great pick he should have been!

Edited by picket fence

Toumpas?? Vs Wines??

No Contest

Wines is easily much much better than Jimmy, who will be OK when ball is delivered to him on platter!!

Irresistable!

You do know the rest!!

And if any are in Doubt just take a close look at last weeks game early in the second quarter!

Seriously ? A dozen games in and it's clear cut? Mind boggling the impatience shown here.

• Like 2

Seriously ? A dozen games in and it's clear cut? Mind boggling the impatience shown here.

Even more mind Boggling that we continue to accept that our recruiting in the last few years has been ....

SPOT ON!!

Wines is a good young player, sure, but creative play-maker he is not, so that comment is baloney.

It's also pertinent to note that Wines was the sub yesterday. His game was good, sure, but before Cassisi went down, to state the obvious Wines was considered the 22nd player.

The continued Wines v Toumpas stuff is frustrating, especially given Toumpas has shown true development in the space of half a season (both pre- and post-Neeld).

I guess that those who have played at the highest level and are now commentators, wouldn't have the same level of understanding of the game that you have.

Wines is like any first year player, he will have good games and not so good games and he will not necessarily play every minute of any game so it doesn't surprise that he will be sub or even miss a game here and there.

He is playing in a top 8 side and has played all games so far, Jimmy is playing in a [censored] side and has missed a few; I think I know who has the runs on the board so far.

BTW if you can't cope with the Wines/Toumpass comparison, don't read any of the posts that mention it, simple really.

toumpas is a much better player than wines with ball in hand, viney is a better inside mid in my opinion so we did okay there

Wines gets the ball in his hands more often, is maniacal in his approach to the man and ball, and makes things happen.

Toumpas links play, kicks neatly, but doesn't make much happen. Toumpas doesn't get involved. He's not making the play. As I said, he's neat, he runs on the outside and we need his type, but right now he's so far behind Wines in impacting games it's not funny. That's not to say he won't impact games, or that he won't end up being the better player, but right now he's a mile off.

But that's OK. Let's judge both in 5 years time.

So you're judging a first year players status at their club based on the fact they've started as a sub at round 13 ? You're privy to their inner sanctum, the management philosophy, training loads, etc.

Or maybe you're biased.

Though we needed an inside (Viney) and a highly skilled runner (Toump) in the last draft, let's not pass up on Luke Dunstan this draft plz.

Haven't seen Dunstan yet but Sheed looked very impressive, also want to have a look at Kelly.

...anyway on Jimmy T if their careers stopped now Wines would be streets ahead but that's not how it works. The recruiters led by Todd Viney seemed to get a lot right in 2012 and Todd knew a lot about both Jimmy and Ollie so my guess is he picked well and for a good reason unless of course he was over ruled.

Jimmy T is up and running now with the change in game plan more likely to suit his free running style, I would expect him to be playing some really good footy before the year is out.

FFS - we have Jimmy, please support him guys. We didn't pick Wines on basis of need and best fit, especially as we had Viney.

And to all those drooling over Wines remember he is playing in a (for now) far better team and better mids around him.

Some posters seriously will never say we got anything right.

• Like 1

Toumpas will be a gun. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Wines is already a gun.

I'd say most clubs in the competition would want both of them, particularly because they have different, albeit complimentary, offerings.

Port and the MFC will seek to lock in each player for a very long time.

• Like 1

Even more mind Boggling that we continue to accept that our recruiting in the last few years has been ....

SPOT ON!!

I remember the discussion re Rich & why didn't we take him . I think wines will be similar to rich. Whereas toumpas ( who did have double hip surgery) will have an enormous upside. Don't judge young men so early on in their careers. If one was petty then it will be fun proving you wrong over the next year or so but seriously it's just such an unintelligent comment !

Toumpas?? Vs Wines??

No Contest

Irresistable!

You do know the rest!!

Way too early to make that call.

Tom Scully had 18 possessions in 1 quarter and 38 disposals in a game for the MFC when he was a rookie

Hows he traveling now?

Toumnpas will end up better than Wines, mark my words.

• Like 1

Pointless in comparing as they are completely different players. Its like comparing Swan to Pendles where Swan gets it usually more times but Pendles is far more damaging. I'm hoping this is how the two play out in the future.

Olly is a tough, relentless and courageous. I have seen him all the way from juniors in echuca. He is also however a butcher by foot and makes some shadey decisions.

His type are a lot more common than a class act of Jimmy.

Still I love the way Olly goes about his footy.

However ill alway love jimmy more as he is ours.

Lets get around him!

Way too early to make that call.

Tom Scully had 18 possessions in 1 quarter and 38 disposals in a game for the MFC when he was a rookie

Hows he traveling now?

Toumnpas will end up better than Wines, mark my words.

When was Scully a rookie? He was No. 1 draft pick!

It's all relative, isn't it?

Who is better - Luke Ball or Dal Santo?

What if you already have Joel Selwood, Brett Kirk and Ollie Wines in your midfield?

Alternatively, what if you already have Daniel Wells, Stephen Hill and Brett Deledio in your midfield?

Horses for courses, people.

Toumpas was the correct choice.

• Like 2

Watched a fair bit of the Roos / GWS game yesterday.

I was concentrating on you know who.

he had 20 possesions, 10 kicks, 10 handpasses, 15 where uncontested.

2 tackles and 4 clangers.

That earns you $1million!

Mckenzie does better than that for probably a fifth of the price.

Toumpas kicks the ball like a 18 yr old Luke Hodge, the decision was easy to make, 3clubs overlooked Wines, players that can kick like JT are priceless.

• Like 2