WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

The only talent we must keep from that list is Watts, Syvia, and Fitz.

I'd probably add Clisby to that list... very rough around the edges, but he has shown there is plenty to work with that will likely see him turning into a very good defender.

• Like 1

What no one seems to have raised, is that Williams finished his career at Brisbane and may be keen to return, especially if its his only avenue to become a senior coach again.

He didn't seem fussed about moving to GWS - the killer was that he wasn't going to be considered to be senior coach.

I think our process has shaken the likely candidates out of the bushes (Roos, Eade & Williams, all with connections to the Lions), and the Lions have deemed them all better options than continuing with Voss.

I'd probably add Clisby to that list... very rough around the edges, but he has shown there is plenty to work with that will likely see him turning into a very good defender.

Yeah, I overlooked him. He should get his second rookie year.

So should Stark as he has been so often injured this season.

What no one seems to have raised, is that Williams finished his career at Brisbane and may be keen to return, especially if its his only avenue to become a senior coach again.

He didn't seem fussed about moving to GWS - the killer was that he wasn't going to be considered to be senior coach.

I think our process has shaken the likely candidates out of the bushes (Roos, Eade & Williams, all with connections to the Lions), and the Lions have deemed them all better options than continuing with Voss.

I don't think Choco will be leaving Melbourne, he married a Melbourne girl and she has followed him every where. There are ten clubs in town.

So you are saying that the club is drowning because Watts and Sylvia might leave because we don't have a coach yet?

Who else might we lose this summer?

Those out of contract: Davey (RFA), Taggert, Tynan, Fitzpatrick, Nicholson, MacDonald, Sellar, Jetta, Davis, Couch ®, Magner ®, Rodan, Gillies, Clisby ®, Stark ®

I mean, we are hardly about to be torn apart because we are waiting a few weeks to get a coach in. The only talent we must keep from that list is Watts, Syvia, and Fitz.

And I would be close to trading all three next summer if they were re-signed and a few other things went right like Clark coming back and a few things went wrong like Sylvia's career staying on its current trajectory.

We also need to attract players RPFC, there's a lot involved and it's hard to do when these positions need to be filled.

I don't think Choco will be leaving Melbourne, he married a Melbourne girl and she has followed him every where. There are ten clubs in town.

And only 1 currently that needs a coach, who might not choose him.

Often blokes that are desperate to coach, aren't too choosy.

He already moved to Port and GWS, so obviously it's not an issue.

Age says Lions will announce new coach end of next week.

Roos says he has spoken to them once. Also says he hasn't changed on coaching interest from what he told PJ.

That means if he is to coach Lions and be announced next week, he will have to change his mind quickly, or someone is telling porkies.

• Like 3

Age says Lions will announce new coach end of next week.Roos says he has spoken to them once. Also says he hasn't changed on coaching interest from what he told PJ.That means if he is to coach Lions and be announced next week, he will have to change his mind quickly, or someone is telling porkies.

Age says Lions will announce new coach end of next week.Roos says he has spoken to them once. Also says he hasn't changed on coaching interest from what he told PJ.That means if he is to coach Lions and be announced next week, he will have to change his mind quickly, or someone is telling porkies.

Who else could it be, the Lions have probably been in talks with him for months well we sat on our hands watching Neeld getting belted by 15 goals every week , but I suppose Roos would have strong Fitzroy links but it's certainly frustrating as a Melbourne supporter.

Curious, isn't it?

You'd think it'd have to be someone not currently aligned with a club... but good enough to have already made the decision.

But it doesn't sound like Roos.

Collingwood wouldn't stand for it to be Eade.

Clarkson won't walk away before finals.

Choco couldn't be that frustrated at Richmond, to walk away before finals, could he?

Laidley? Assistant at Saints though.

Matthews? Surely too old and been out of the game too long.

Blight? Harvey? Barassi? Neeld?

The plot thickens.

• Like 1

• CEO Malcolm Holmes said he called Roos six weeks ago – with Voss's knowledge – to assess his interest.
  • "It was the same conversation he would have had with Melbourne. He wasn't comfortable talking about any opportunities (while Voss was still coaching)."
  • He said it would be unfair to hide the decision from Voss for the remaining three weeks of the season.
  • Michael Voss is sacked as Brisbane's Head Coach.

Sounds very Paul Roos to me.

• CEO Malcolm Holmes said he called Roos six weeks ago – with Voss's knowledge – to assess his interest.
  • "It was the same conversation he would have had with Melbourne. He wasn't comfortable talking about any opportunities (while Voss was still coaching)."
  • He said it would be unfair to hide the decision from Voss for the remaining three weeks of the season.
  • Michael Voss is sacked as Brisbane's Head Coach.
Sounds very Paul Roos to me.
Close thread , Roos is the next Lions coach, fancy getting out played by them, Don and Cameron sure did a number on this club.

Close thread , Roos is the next Lions coach, fancy getting out played by them, Don and Cameron sure did a number on this club.

The vast damage those 2 have done as leaders of this club we may never recover from.

The MFC has no pulling power left at all.....

and yet we know now as fact about as much as we did a month or two back

that would be, oh, about 2/3 of 3/5 of absolutely f*** all !!

Until announcements are made its all swings, merry go rounds, smoke , mirrors and conjecture. All the pulp of finction and fuel of the tabloids. Its fun ( in a perverse way ) but again we dont know anything other than of course Paul Roos' liking of flying at early hours of the morning !! ^_^

Roos was signed and sealed by the bombers 3 days ago......apparently

someone see him on a dawn flight at Ess airport ?
  • Like 1

Until announcements are made its all swings, merry go rounds, smoke , mirrors and conjecture. All the pulp of finction and fuel of the tabloids. Its fun ( in a perverse way ) but again we dont know anything other than of course Paul Roos' liking of flying at early hours of the morning !! ^_^

Very true. But certain Demonland members will use any development whatsoever in our club or in any other club, to put the boot into our club. And when there aren't any new actual developments , they can use rumours and speculation, which are legion, to do the same. Just look at almost any thread.

• Like 2

WE know that much bb!

Very true. But certain Demonland members will use any development whatsoever in our club or in any other club, to put the boot into our club. And when there aren't any new actual developments , they can use rumours and speculation, which are legion, to do the same. Just look at almost any thread.

The problem is Sue for the seventh year in a row we have nothing to talk about in August beside draft picks and new coaches.

This year add a new president.

We don't even have the possibility of a win to talk about in the next couple of weeks.

Would be a big change to care about the last three games of a season

And god forbid how far we can go in a finals campaign.

• Like 1

The problem is Sue for the seventh year in a row we have nothing to talk about in August beside draft picks and new coaches.

This year add a new president.

We don't even have the possibility of a win to talk about in the next couple of weeks.

Would be a big change to care about the last three games of a season

And god forbid how far we can go in a finals campaign.

OD, I am, like all our supporters fully aware of how crap we have been. That's no reason to throw judgement out the window and be overly-negative about every rumour and speculation and to do so with such gusto and relish. That might be an emotional response, but I doubt whether it does any good for the readers of this forum or for the club. I also doubt it is useful therapy for the writers.

Edited by sue
  • Like 1