• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes vs Brisbane

What

B: Garland Frawley Terlich
HB: Strauss McDonald Grimes
C: Evans Sylvia M. Jones
HF: Byrnes Pedersen Howe
F: Davey Gawn Watts
R: Jamar N. Jones Trengove
I/C: Tapscott Bail McKenzie
Sub: Blease or Kent

Ins: Strauss, Mckenzie & either Blease or Kent

Out: Clark/Viney - injured, Jetta - suspended

Mckenzie to match up on Rich, Bail to run with Rockliff,

Gawn/Jamar to remain as close to goal square as possible unless at stoppages in front 30m allow and rotate between themselves resting in this role whilst not playing followers role, Watts to lead into space behind HF.

One certain out wih Nev Jetta copping 2 weeks at the tribunal.

In - McKenzie, Strauss, Fitzpatrick

Out - Jetta (susp), Viney (rest/quad), Clark (ankle).

Who would you guys bring in?

This is basically what I was thinking. I suspect they may go with Sellar instead of Fitzpatrick, even after he had a solid game for Casey. I don't think he has many credits in the bank so he probably needs to produce a few more good games before they will bring him in, but he's the best option we have type-wise to replace Clark.

I'd love to be able to bring Magner in to take the clearance role in place of Viney, but obviously that would require a LTI, which we do not appear to have right now.

With those changes, I would line them up basically the same. Davey to be sub again since he did quite well in the role yesterday. Minimal changes to a winning formula.

IN: Dunn, McKenzie, Rodan

OUT: Clark (inj), Jetta (susp), Viney (rest but I'd take him on the trip up as the 3rd emergency)

FB: Garland, Frawley, Terlich

HB: Dunn, McDonald, Grimes

C: Howe, McKenzie, Bail

HF: Trengove, Pedersen, Tapscott

FF: Gawn, Watts, Byrnes

FOLL: Jamar, Sylvia, N. Jones

INT: Davey, Evans, M. Jones

SUB: Rodan

EMERG: Blease, Fitzpatrick, Viney

Dunn takes Watts role off half back and Watts goes forward and has to try and keep his spot there knowing that Clark and Dawes are to come back into that side.

Frawley to Brown

McDonald to Martin

McKenzie tags Rockliff or Moloney?

Bail to Rich

I think Dunn is more likely to come back through Casey.

Interested in your tag options with Bail to tag Rich, would normally be McKenzie but Bail is a good option. Rich will certainly get a tag and maybe Rockliff, I doubt we would tag Moloney but maybe we could run Silvia with him head to head.

I reckon the best thing is that there are a number of sides presented which does show that we the supporters think we have the cattle.

Yes to give Viney a rest,- he probably thinks he doesnt need it.

How about Howe - deep in the forward line where he can use that fantastic spring for any high ball into the top of the square.

Watts on the wing - where he can idle around as the link man getting to the right position to get the ball and then use his pace and delivery to put it to anyone presenting.

Sylvia does seem to be enjoying being the centre of attention so keep him there

As for the rest

give em more of what they had at 3/4 time and tell em to go get em

I'm shocked that we are even having the conversation about Terlich being in or not.

Him and Matt Jones have been the good surprises of the year.

Agreed terlich will be good down back and Matt jones fits in well. Just don't bring in sellar ever again. Kent needs to play and so does blease.

I reckon the best thing is that there are a number of sides presented which does show that we the supporters think we have the cattle.

Yes to give Viney a rest,- he probably thinks he doesnt need it.

How about Howe - deep in the forward line where he can use that fantastic spring for any high ball into the top of the square.

Watts on the wing - where he can idle around as the link man getting to the right position to get the ball and then use his pace and delivery to put it to anyone presenting.

Sylvia does seem to be enjoying being the centre of attention so keep him there

As for the rest

give em more of what they had at 3/4 time and tell em to go get em

It's about time to give up watts, he is too soft, he doesn't even shepherd for his teammates. Cut losses play him at Casey and trade him.

In- Strauss, Mackenzie, Kent.

HB: Strauss, McDonald, Grimes

SUB: Kent

EMERG: Blease, Spencer (again), Rodan.

Blease and Rodan to travel with squad

Need to matchup on Rockliff, Black, Moloney, Rich, Redden in midfield. This is where they can beat us.

Jones will be tagged by Andrew raines.

We will need Trengove and Grimes must standup.

Howe and Sylvia can win it for us.

Watts forward - highly unlikely given Neeld has stuffed around with JW as a loose unaccountable HBF

Who gets J Brown? T Macd Who gets Merrett? Frawley

Who is accountable for Pearce Hanley's run from half back (he killed us in 2012) ...Matt Jones is my man.

Anyone wanting Kent selected this week clearly didnt see the Casey game last week, he was ordinary at best, I'm with BRFE on this one.

Based on that game:
Ins-Rodan, Blease, Strauss

Outs-Clark, Viney, Jetta

Spencer would be a deserved callup, but I dont think we can play three ruckmen and Pederson in the one side. Similary all those that say

Fitzy isnt good enough also havent been watching his improvement at Casey. Last week was his first game for the year and he was fantastic.

Sellar isnt good enough thats been proven, Dunn will need a run in the VFL before a recall, McKenzie unlucky after last weeks efforts. The good

teams this year are cutting teams apart with pace (see Geelong with Motlop/Varcoe/Stokes, Hawks with Hill/Smith, Blues last week with Garlett/Yarran).

Blease and Rodan offer pace and ball-carry, while McKenzie is the exact opposite.

Anyone also notice Stefan Martins dwindling statistical returns in the Home and Away season this year after being hailed as a boom recruit during the

NAB Cup? Hes averaging a whopping 4 kicks and 3 handballs a game.

• Like 2

Anyone also notice Stefan Martins dwindling statistical returns in the Home and Away season this year after being hailed as a boom recruit during the

NAB Cup? Hes averaging a whopping 4 kicks and 3 handballs a game.

Yes, but they're trying to play him as key forward. Which he never was. Which is why he was traded.

Who is accountable for Pearce Hanley's run from half back (he killed us in 2012) ...Matt Jones is my man.

Lucky for us he has been offered a week suspension. If he takes that then it helps us greatly, as you said he killed us last year, and has been good again this year. He's a real key for the Lions. If he takes the suspension then we don't have to deal with him.

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with those on here suggesting we bring in big Fitzy (I think he has great long term potential now that he seems to be over his injury/illness worries) I don't think it is the best WINNING move.

Let's assume Viney, Jetta and Clark are unavailable. If it is wet I would bring in Bleese, Mckenzie and Kent, play Watts at CHF. If it is dry, I would bring in Bleese, Kent and Spencer, and play big Max as a permanent full forward. Spencer's ruck work at Casey last week was one of the most dominant displays I have seen from a big man for a very very long time, and he was against in the Don's seconds some of their A grader big men and beat them pointless. He and Hogan were primarily responsible for the 80+ points win.

In the dry, Max will be a complete headache for Brisbane. They don't have anyone of his size and marking ability. They will probably put Martin on him. Whilst this would be mildly interesting for us Dees supporters, he is nothing like as tall as Max and long bombs into the square would be interesting to put it mildly.

One thing that has got a lot of AirPlay this week has been the way Geelong use Harry Taylor ie they allow him to spend extended lengths of time in the forward half with his man being covered by the Podsiadly. This in the past season or so has seen him kick over 30 goals. We could use Watts in the same way, with Peterson playing the Pods role. Whether we as a team are ready for that is debatable, as it requires hours of practise at training to get it instinctive, but I think it would give the team a greater dimension and make Watts more accountable. Big Max and Jack in the front half at least for part of the game would certainly make it interesting.

I think it's time to give up on stellar. If we are thinking abt bringing in a tall for clark then Lets get some game time into spencer instead he's been on our list long enough. Fitzpatrick can't play not up to it.

Heartily agree prymke. Whilst I was excited by Sellar after the Port Adelaide (practice) game, I think it was a false dawn. He, along with Pederson, in the long term are not up to standard. I would prefer to see spencer, Gawn, jamar and Watts all play if it is going to be dry, as they are our future and our best chance of winning this game.

They love Nicho's application but have found his weaknesses are too glaring. Its hard for Strauss to play a good game if he is not given an opportunity. His Casey is form is good and Nicho had his chance.

Well I saw the whole of the Casey v Essendon game last weekend, and I can tell you Nicho was miles in front of Strauss for endeavor and toughness, although his kicking weakness remains a glaring weakness. To me though, Strauss is just too soft and I think his so called kicking strength is over-rated: he is a long kick, not an accurate kick, and his lack of hardness at the ball is just too much of a risk in such an important game as this.

I would not play either Strauss or Nicholson this week.

In- Strauss, Mackenzie, Kent.

HB: Strauss, McDonald, Grimes

SUB: Kent

EMERG: Blease, Spencer (again), Rodan.

Blease and Rodan to travel with squad

Need to matchup on Rockliff, Black, Moloney, Rich, Redden in midfield. This is where they can beat us.

Jones will be tagged by Andrew raines.

We will need Trengove and Grimes must standup.

Howe and Sylvia can win it for us.

Watts forward - highly unlikely given Neeld has stuffed around with JW as a loose unaccountable HBF

Who gets J Brown? T Macd Who gets Merrett? Frawley

Brown will monster McDonald in one on ones, I don't think this matchup would work. I'd rather see Frawley take Brown and Garland take Merrett, but we will soon see what Neeld thinks.

Well I saw the whole of the Casey v Essendon game last weekend, and I can tell you Nicho was miles in front of Strauss for endeavor and toughness, although his kicking weakness remains a glaring weakness. To me though, Strauss is just too soft and I think his so called kicking strength is over-rated: he is a long kick, not an accurate kick, and his lack of hardness at the ball is just too much of a risk in such an important game as this.

I would not play either Strauss or Nicholson this week.

Agree, but one of them will come in. I would vote Strauss as most likely to panic under pressure, which kills his kicking. He is ordinary one on one (but admittedly haven't seen him this year) and I don't think we can carry two softies in the back line (along with Watts). Nicho, on the other hand has completely lost his aggression and is a bit more hesitant since he broke his jaw last year (IMO) on top of the shyte kicking. Dilemma!