• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes vs Brisbane

What

Well I saw the whole of the Casey v Essendon game last weekend, and I can tell you Nicho was miles in front of Strauss for endeavor and toughness, although his kicking weakness remains a glaring weakness. To me though, Strauss is just too soft and I think his so called kicking strength is over-rated: he is a long kick, not an accurate kick, and his lack of hardness at the ball is just too much of a risk in such an important game as this.

I would not play either Strauss or Nicholson this week.

if thats true, that Strauss wasn't rugged enough & not ready, then alternatively Blease could come in to the wing? ..... Bail could go to HB flank (watts).

Nicho could come into an outside run with role, on Redden or Zorko.

McKenzie in & straight to Rockliff.

# So my inside the square starters would be :- Jamar, Grimes, Sylvia, & McKenzie taking Rockliff. Jones starting on a Wing...

* If watts stays in, he goes forward to a pocket & has to work hard defensively? any sign of not putting in & sub him off, for Rodan.

if thats true, that Strauss wasn't rugged enough & not ready, then alternatively Blease could come in to the wing? ..... Bail could go to HB flank (watts).

# So my inside the square starters would be :- Jamar, Grimes, Sylvia, & McKenzie taking Rockliff. Jones starting on a Wing...

* If watts stays in, he goes forward to a pocket & has to work hard defensively? any sign of not putting in & sub him off, for Rodan.

Dee-luded Nicho and Mckenzie could not hit the side of barn with a howitzer.

Please only one of them in the side at any one time.

Even then I worry

Now I'm probably the last person who should be naming ins and outs, but to my mind If the outs are Jetta, Viney, and Clark, I would like to see them bringing in Fitzpatrick, Blease and Rodan. We will need a little hardness in the midfield against the Lions, and if Rodan can bring in his VFL form from last week, hopefully he can provide that. We will also need pace, so in comes Blease and finally we need insurance in the talls department, so Fitzpatrick gets an opportunity, Would like to see a forward line that included Gawn at FF, Fitzpatrick in a pocket and Watts at CHF (even Pederson on a flank, but I think he might have to go to the backs).

would love some upto date news on Clark's 2nd round of scans.....

Yep, the quote from Misson the other day “We’re really buoyed by the fact that his Lisfranc repair looked pretty good.”

'pretty good', perhaps it's being an MFC supporter but would have preferred to see 'no problem at all with the Lisfranc' but 'pretty good'?????

• Like 1

I believe Jones is leading the league in clearances. He has to start in the middle.

Ins: McKenzie - Strauss

Outs: Clark - Jetta

FB: Garland - Frawley - Terlich

HB: Watts - T-Mac - Strauss

C: Trengove - Jones - Viney

HF: Howe - Pederson - Evans

FF: Davey - Gawn - Byrnes

R: Jamar - Sylvia - Grimes

I: McKenzie - M.Jones - Bail

S: Tapscott

Match Ups:

T-Mac = J.Brown

Frawley = Merrett/Martin

McKenzie = Black/Rockliff

Dee-luded Nicho and Mckenzie could not hit the side of barn with a howitzer.

Please only one of them in the side at any one time.

Even then I worry

OD, we don't have a premiership side at the moment. we have to build up to one.

Our biggest problem right now isn't hitting barns.

the first thing we have to do is to get Every player contesting the hard ball & getting to every contest. so a willingness & the strength to make a contest is first,,, then the fitness to get to all contests in the players responsibility is close 2nd. & to run hard both ways to defend & attack.

we have most of our goal to goal line in place now & are coming into some fitness, but some of our outside players aren't as willing as some others to work hard & to contest.

we got some hard workers back last week & we all saw the difference in the side later in the game.

we have to continue improving the best 22, & so we need to improve the HBflank role & we need (1)someone to stop Rockliff, & (2) an outside r8n with if Bail goes to the back flank.

the back flank either has to have Strauss or Bail IMO.

If its Bail, then we need Nicho in to run with zorko or redden.

the trick is for our Mids setup to stop them getting on top of us.

Our mids aren't good enough yet, to beat them at their best.

Edited by dee-luded

would love some upto date news on Clark's 2nd round of scans.....

they said clearly, he has a "Foot Sprain", not a strained muscle. sprain in my mind means ligament or tendon..

not the sort of thing to play with in the foot that was so badly hurt.

It sounds like he needs to give it a rest, to let it recover a bit. we don't need a longterm player to reinjure & maybe end his career. play it safe with such a serious injury area.

this is not a trent croad in a grand final scenario.

• Like 1

Black played under 70% GT in the II's last week.

He has been taken to Townsville to play in the II's on Anzac day. Think they play the suns.

I heard this on SEN earlier as well. Given that, its virtually a certainty Black wont play on Sunday, which for us is a plus as he's torn us to shreds

the last couple of years. Hanley out through suspension is also handy for us.

• Like 2

FB: Garland Frawley Terlich

HB: Strauss McDonald Watts

C: M. Jones Jones Evans

HF: Byrnes Pedersen Tapscott

FF: Howe Gawn Davey

Foll: Jamar McKenzie Trengove

Int: Grimes, Bail, Sylvia

S: Viney/Rodan

Out: Clark, Jetta

In: McKenzie, Strauss

I think instead of going for a Sellar type we persist with a smaller forward line with the back up ruck, Pedersen and Howe comibinations. It certainly worked well enough on the weekend. Strauss straight swap with Jetta on a half back flank. He deserves his chance. However it really is an inexperienced backline. McKenzie comes back in. If Viney isn't fit then I'd bring Rodan in. If he is then I'd still play him as sub this week.

• Like 2

FB: Garland Frawley Terlich

HB: Strauss McDonald Watts

C: M. Jones Jones Evans

HF: Byrnes Pedersen Tapscott

FF: Howe Gawn Davey

Foll: Jamar McKenzie Trengove

Int: Grimes, Bail, Sylvia

S: Viney/Rodan

Out: Clark, Jetta

In: McKenzie, Strauss

I think instead of going for a Sellar type we persist with a smaller forward line with the back up ruck, Pedersen and Howe comibinations. It certainly worked well enough on the weekend. Strauss straight swap with Jetta on a half back flank. He deserves his chance. However it really is an inexperienced backline. McKenzie comes back in. If Viney isn't fit then I'd bring Rodan in. If he is then I'd still play him as sub this week.

I think you might be pretty well bang on with this, only change i'd make is swap sylvia and matt jones over

OD, we don't have a premiership side at the moment. we have to build up to one.

the first thing we have to do is to get Every player contesting the hard ball & getting to every contest. so a willingness & the strength to make a contest is first,,, then the fitness to get to all contests in the players responsibility is close 2nd. & to run hard both ways to defend & attack.

we have most of our goal to goal line in place now & are coming into some fitness, but some of our outside players aren't as willing as some others to work hard & to contest.

we got some hard workers back last week & we all saw the difference in the side later in the game.

we have to continue improving the best 22, & so we need to improve the HBflank role & we need (1)someone to stop Rockliff, & (2) an outside r8n with if Bail goes to the back flank.

the back flank either has to have Strauss or Bail IMO.

If its Bail, then we need Nicho in to run with zorko or redden.

the trick is for our Mids setup to stop them getting on top of us.

Our mids aren't good enough yet, to beat them at their best.

I understand all that dee-luded.

I admire Mckenzie because he can get the ball but he negates a large amount of his good work with very poor disposal.

Last year I was in Brisbane he was so bad that day it was like the Lions had an extra man.

three times in the third quarter he hit Lions players on the chest when they were nowhere near a dee player.

I grit my teeth every time he gets the ball.

I admire Mckenzie because he can get the ball but he negates a large amount of his good work with very poor disposal.

Last year I was in Brisbane he was so bad that day it was like the Lions had an extra man.

three times in the third quarter he hit Lions players on the chest when they were nowhere near a dee player.

I think I would rather have a player like Mckenzie - who goes in hard and can win his own ball than a player like Watts that seems to stroll around hoping that the ball might appear in his hands.

Our main problem this year has been clearances - we have been absolutely killed and I think we need to concentrate on getting the ball before execution. We will just have to hope he improves his kicking eventually.

He's not too bad giving off handball if the players running to receive are on the job.

We don't have an extractor to go with Rockliff who is in top form. we need to tag him out, & upset him.

We need a running player with pace for Zorko (Bail or Nicho), & someone to play tight on Redden, maybe Trenners or Jones or Grimes.

# I want watts out of the way @ the HB Flank, as he doesn't want to play with any intensity, & Merret will be keeping an eye out for a soft landing spot... watts is a bit of a bean bag.

I'd rather he play as an outside forward-pocket/rover. or out all together. he's useless as he played last Rnd.

Black and Hanley's efforts v melbourne last year:

Round 1 - Black got the 3 brownlow voted and 33 touches

Hanley got 24 touches and 2 goals

Round 14- Black got the 3 brownlow votes and about 30 touches

Hanley got 2 votes, 23 touched and 3 goals.

Glad they're both not playing on Sunday.

• Like 2

well said, and that's why I agree with having Nicho, Jordie and Joel Mac in the side ahead of anyone peahearted.. standards have to be set at this club and they have to be set right now

I think I would rather have a player like Mckenzie - who goes in hard and can win his own ball than a player like Watts that seems to stroll around hoping that the ball might appear in his hands.

Our main problem this year has been clearances - we have been absolutely killed and I think we need to concentrate on getting the ball before execution. We will just have to hope he improves his kicking eventually.

even though I have been scathing of Watts lately for his half-hearted efforts, it is true what many have noted that he still does some very good things.. things that aren't in a player like McKenzie's vocabulary, for this I give Watts a bit of a pass, I want to see him play harder but I wouldn't drop him, he's just too good

even though I have been scathing of Watts lately for his half-hearted efforts, it is true what many have noted that he still does some very good things.. things that aren't in a player like McKenzie's vocabulary, for this I give Watts a bit of a pass, I want to see him play harder but I wouldn't drop him, he's just too good

He's just too good! At what? Letting his man get cheap kicks. Not winning the ball.

I'd keep him in because he has talent with the ball and we need to decide on a strategy with him. But in know what is he too good!

Another half hearted and poor performance should have him back at Casey without a doubt.

well said, and that's why I agree with having Nicho, Jordie and Joel Mac in the side ahead of anyone peahearted.. standards have to be set at this club and they have to be set right now

The last two definitely. But Nicholson isn't tough at all. He runs hard but some of his efforts before he was dropped were abysmal. Fumbling and weak attempts at spoiling are not the sign of a tough footballer.

The last two definitely. But Nicholson isn't tough at all. He runs hard but some of his efforts before he was dropped were abysmal. Fumbling and weak attempts at spoiling are not the sign of a tough footballer.

well I have not seen evidence of this, I've always regarded him as a tough player who lacks any kind of polish! The Simon Godfrey school of football!

At what?

he has talent with the ball

that's it mate you got it without needing a response. He has a good footy brain and excellent skills with pill. He has athleticism, but he doesn't use it so much. He lacks heart. He is not far off the complete player if someone can drag it out of him, for that rerason alone I'd keep him in

agreed as a basis, as we are changing the culture, so we have to start with the Major fundamentals first,,, ahead of the trimmings. as the team adheres to the New "DNA". Then we can start adding a couple of flashy speed freaks who may not be the mainbearings.

I see watts &, so far Blease, in this bracket, but I can imagine Blease, breaking out of this superficial style, & eventually showing the desire to become a big wheel.

i can see a similarity between Bleases personality, & Sylvia's. although Sylvia I think is starting to wake up, that he's been wasting his time in footy so far. Blease is really lucky that Neeld has come along otherwise the old rotten culture would still be allowed to reign supreme.

... it is changing slowly, but we all need to oversee it like a Lighthouse keeper.