MegaWatts - Season 5

Curry & Beer

Watts600.jpg

Games: 55

Height: 196cm

Weight: 91kg

2012 BnF: 16th (15 games)

What are our expectations of the man this upcoming season? It seems to me that there is a general consensus he will remain as a backman, due to the arrival of Dawes and Pederson. I have been reasonably impressed with his development thus far, there is no doubt that there has been a bunch of excellent games amongst that 55 - however, I have to be honest and say that I think we all expected that he would be making a few more waves after four years at the club. He has had a few injury concerns, although nothing too extreme since he has lined up for 52 of our last 66 outings. It should also be noted that he is relatively young, in fact there are only 9 players on the list younger than him (not inc. this year's draftees). I don't see why he cannot play a forward line role this year, good luck to enemy coaches matching up him, Clark, Dawes and Pedo, I think he could run riot as a 3rd/4th target up there. Don't get me wrong, I have seen enough of his talents to have a lot of confidence in him, but it has to be said that at this stage he is a bit of a disappointment in terms of the actual damage he's done. Thoughts?

Finally the body is IMO starting to look the goods.

I get the feeling the Backline is his go. Neeld by his draft selections so far seems keen on lots of other forwards.

Does this mean the curren tFD sees him as a backman and not a forward?

If he turns into a top notch backman who plays another 150 games I will be happy.

That could make him the best round 1 draftee the MFC has every had.

I am looking forward to seeing him in 2013 as I thought his 2012 season was his best by a long way

• Like 1

I think we're all Hoping his a late bloomer like Goodard was.

I still feel he has the talent to be a star, I just dont know when it's going to happen.

Most taller players don't start peeking till there mid 20's, so still a few more seasons till we see the best of Watts.

• Like 1

I think we're all Hoping his a late bloomer like Goodard was.

I still feel he has the talent to be a star, I just dont know when it's going to happen.

Most taller players don't start peeking till there mid 20's, so still a few more seasons till we see the best of Watts.

Which end of the ground?

I reckon this kid will kick some arse! He's still only 21. He has sublime skills. He is a good decision maker. He came to the club with ridiculous expectations but with some big body support around him he has the chance to shine. BTW I believe Neeld has already stated that Watts will play back.

• Like 3

I reckon this kid will kick some arse! He's still only 21. He has sublime skills. He is a good decision maker. He came to the club with ridiculous expectations but with some big body support around him he has the chance to shine. BTW I believe Neeld has already stated that Watts will play back.

The first brownlow winner from CHB in 30 years is my prediction.

What do you think Bbo?

• Like 1

Guest bluey

Well it couldn't have turned out worse in my wildest dreams, cherished number one pick Power Forward, running off half back, I think it's called desire, desire to succeed , desire to win the contest, desire to do the hard yards in life.

The first brownlow winner from CHB in 30 years is my prediction.

What do you think Bbo?

I'm not prepared to nominate a Brownlow just yet but this kid's footy smarts and kicking could be a beautiful thing to watch coming out of the backline and delivering to our monster forwards. Further, I really hope he succeeds just to shut up the armchair experts who have given him such an unfair caning.

• Like 1

Approaching 22 Yrs of age, he should be, with the aid of our fitness & nutrition staff, about to bulk up.

I'd like to see him changing from boy to MAN, physically & mentally.

I'd like to see him show more aggression, & stick some tough tackles.

And I'd like to see him becoming more assertive onfield in the back half, taking some leadership interest.

• Like 2

Will be a key member of the 22 in 2013 playing on the half back line. He's still young and we'd be silly to try and force him to be a pack crushing power forward when he is more comfortable using his agility and skills to create the play from half back. Not to mention Clark, Dawes and in 2014 Hogan!

If you don't like Jack Watts threads, then dont open them. But for me, I am happy to talk Jack Watts all day long, just have to ignore 1 or 2 ridiculous posts.

One of the few on the list with the skills to be a star, but currently just floating through his career and at this rate will finish with a decent, but underwhelming career.

After seeing so many players clearly not up to it over the last few years, it is at least refreshing to watch one with genuine talent. As someone stated, hopefully he benefits from a rise in standards and expectation at the club.

Edited by Forest Demon

MJNC4.gif

Great tv show

Watts can be anything though, that fact that he is our 9th youngest player is really interesting!

He is definitely our best user on each side of his body, and if he kicks the ball 20 times we will have 17-18 really good passes! It's just getting the ball in his hands.

Still young, I just hope he has a season which proves his doubters

• Like 1

I am always happy to see him with the ball: off HB or wing he will deliver to the forwards with precision and thought, or from HF will slot a few goals.

He has the skill to fulfill a role at either end: personally wing would be my preference. Dangerous and difficult to counter - do you play a tall or a quick on him?

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

Think developing Jack as an attacking rebounding defender is perfect for this stage of his development.

Would like to see him play stints on wing and to sneak forward when the matchups suit.

Ablett (Snr), Fraser Geric both played some of their early footy on the wing while their (already bigger than Jack) bodies developed sufficiently to hold a key forward spot. With confidence in his physicality and his natural atheticism he should evolve into a player we use to exploit the weakest opposition attacker (to rebound in defence) or the weakest backman when shifted forward. As mentioned having Clark, Dawes, Howe, and Pedersen up forward and Frawley, MacDonald, Sellar down back means he can be played to his best position.

• Like 2