Mike Sheahan's Low for 2012

Redleg

Melbourne Football Club, rounds 1-23.

I can recall both of us saying we would no longer continue to watch OTC after the tanking episode.

I definitely won't be tuning into it for the rest of the year now.

• Like 1

Sigh, the generalisation is just sloppy, he even included the win over Essendon as a season lowlight, by implication.

Too cheap to bother saying something particular, just 'nyah nyah suck'.

Plenty of people on here who can do that, he's getting good coin to do a job many of us would love, and being pathetically lazy, that's what bugs me.

• Like 2

Mike has been very harsh on the MFC and the whole tanking debacle on OTC was an absolute disgrace. However he is spot on in this case. Extremely disappointing season. It sounds like he rated us as an up and coming young team at the start of the season.

• Like 2

With friends like him who needs enemies. Wont be happy until we fold I feel.

Cantr take the reality?

Now you are being silly wyl.

...Go for a walk then when you are clear act.

It would be a very long walk OD.

At least we're relevant enough to mention. How would the Doggies feel?

I am not sure its relevance. We seem to a get a mention for all the wrong things.

Its a , now familar, cheap shot from an obliously bitter and past his date hack.

The MFC took hige strides in the reformation of a club. This was always goinv to take some time to not only start taking effect but manifesting as results on the field.

Feral Mike takes great pleasure in his warped reporting of events. He obviously has some personal gripe as his agenda surely indicates.

What a sad pathetic impersonation of a man he has become.

• Like 1

I reckon he was totally wrong.

At long last Melbourne had the balls to recognise they had a fundamental problem with the whole club and decided to do something about it.

Rebuild from the ground up and not be satisfied with Band Aid solutions.

I give them 10/10 for cleansing the trash or restructuring in all departments.

This is exactly what any Business would do with 48 years of under performance.

If only they could cleanse the trash from the media outlets.

That would make a great Forum Title.

Sheahan, Denman, Healy the list goes on.........

Edited by Chippy
  • Like 4

It's not an unreasonable observation, but probably only one of a dozen other AFL lowlights, eg. Demetriou in Europe for 6 weeks midseason. It's easy to find others if one is bothered to go trawling. The problem is that most journalists are just other football followers who fight for the rightness of their own opinion when the reality is there are hundreds.

Like all other people Mike has a string of bad decisions in life, far more than football. Why would one want to take his opinions any more seriously than any other? The problem is that Mike is the typical journalist who takes his own opinion too seriously. I dare say it was part of the other bad decisions he's made in life

The very existence of this thread is too predictable.

The bigger story here is what Mike said before it: "I'm going to get in trouble for this", or words to that effect.

Earlier this year I read stories that indicated the whole media were being treated very poorly by Melbourne because of their ongoing criticism of the club.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mark Neeld or someone else has been in Mike Sheahan's ear and told him to zip it, among others. We know as a fact Neeld confronted the ABC broadcasters when they wrongfully declared Gysberts and Cook on the outer.

I don't think we need to get all uppity about what the media says. They're paid to spout tabloid rubbish and it doesn't seem to phase other clubs in the most part.

• Like 1

Redleg I am not sure why you are so offended.

We were effectively the worst team in 2012 with one genuine win.

We acknowledge we have a poor list and we played what may be our worst football in 48 years.

Is he not just stating the obvious.

or did I miss something in our performances this year.

Sadly, you ( and Mike ) are spot on.

2012 was a shocker on all fronts - no sugar coating - I can't remember a worse one - we not only lost, we were uncompetitive.Nothing at all controversial about Mike's call. We just have to get better.

• Like 1

Sigh, the generalisation is just sloppy, he even included the win over Essendon as a season lowlight, by implication.

Too cheap to bother saying something particular, just 'nyah nyah suck'.

Plenty of people on here who can do that, he's getting good coin to do a job many of us would love, and being pathetically lazy, that's what bugs me.

I agree. It's not being panned that irks me - as others have said there's plenty of reasons to pan us, it's the general way he does it that is irritating.

yeah yeah the truth stinks, the MFC football TEAM were horrible, except for 1 game, off field as a CLUB were doing the right thing, I hope, as far as change and developing a different attitude towards all matters in rebuilding our standing as the PREMIER club, we once were-a lifetime ago 4 me...............2013, go DEE's

• Like 1

I'm confused as to why anyone thinks this wouldn't be his low. He's a Melbourne supporter so he's seen us play. I love the club and went to every game I could get to but this year we were terrible 90% of the time. Not below average - terrible.

The bigger issue is that the list cull we all thought must be on the cards is looking less likely with each passing day as nobody wants to play for us. The real low might be that we have to hold on to players that aren't up to it just to keep a full list. If we can get Lynch, 2 experienced mids and Viney plus another ready to go kid we can get better but I would think that living on the Gold Coast and surfing in the afternoons looks like a lot better than playing for us.

Sheahan is right, and thats why it hurts.

• Like 2

You know, if Feral had simply suggested teh low of 2012 was the passing of Jim Stynes i would have concured.

But thats not what Shitzen is about these days. He and his little band of ferals, or is that feral band of littel men, seem to do nothig more that rake muck about the MFC.

Its pathological, something happens other there >>>> to some other club and they all rein it back in and refocus it in some manner as beig some abject failure of the current incarnation of the Melbourne Football Club.

Id dearly like to know if that sh!t stirrer is still a member. If he is Id love McLardy to take him aside, revoke his membership and ask him in no ambiguous manner to f*#k off and annoy some other club; we're tired of it.

I reckon he was totally wrong.

At long last Melbourne had the balls to recognise they had a fundamental problem with the whole club and decided to do something about it.

Rebuild from the ground up and not be satisfied with Band Aid solutions.

I give them 10/10 for cleansing the trash or restructuring in all departments.

This is exactly what any Business would do with 48 years of under performance.

If only they could cleanse the trash from the media outlets.

That would make a great Forum Title.

Sheahan, Denman, Healy the list goes on.........

Totally agree with this.

2012 was the culmination of a weak culture with weak standards for many years prior to 2012.

Whilst we are not finals bound in 2013, I reckon we will see a very different standard set next year.

The type of rebuild that Neeld has undertaken takes time. In short though, it is the right methodology.

And Sheahan can get stuffed - along with his other bozo On The Couch mates, Healy and Roos. The day any of them say anything truly insightful about the MFC has not yet occurred IMO.

• Like 1

......He's a Melbourne supporter............

Really ??? You really think so ?

He denigrates us at every opportunity. I cant remember teh last time he wrote anything balanced or remotely insightful about what were trying to do about our mailaise and our reconstruction into a winning club.

No...hes purely inciteful these days,,,,,,, hardly supportive.

It was certainly the lowlight of my AFL year

The only difference being that I wont say it without the rider that after next season it MAY possibly look like the recession MFC had to have

• Like 1