Brent Moloney Departing MFC

Dr. Mubutu

Isn't it neelds job to get the best out of moloney? Why couldn't neeld get into moloney's head. It shouldn't be that difficult? After all, moloney is a simple bloke.

It raises the issue that neeld can't manage men. It seems he has lost moloney, frawley, tapscott, petered, rivers, Jurrah, wonamirri and Gysberts. All players that would be in my starting 18.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

• Like 3

If 6 clubs are chasing him, I would be astounded. Sydney - apart from the Bradshsaw disaster, they extremely rarely go after anyone over 26. Essendon were not interested last year (a good mate of mine works for the club in a senior position). The only clubs I reckon would be interested are Port, GC or GWS.

He is now a limited, not particularly pacy or gifted, footballer. According to the AFL formula, as described to me by my aforementioned friend (B&F within 3 years, highly paid, number of games, etc), we could be looking at a 2nd round draft pick.

A big win IMO.

Isn't it neelds job to get the best out of moloney? Why couldn't neeld get into moloney's head. It shouldn't be that difficult? After all, moloney is a simple bloke.

It raises the issue that neeld can't manage men. It seems he has lost moloney, frawley, tapscott, petered, rivers, Jurrah, wonamirri and Gysberts. All players that would be in my starting 18.

haha riiiight...

Oh boy. Really? Tell me you are on the [censored] right now?

Frawley: Bad year due to too many inside 50's.

Moloney: Chances for the dee's and Casey and couldn't prove himself to run both ways. He either isn't smart enough or refuses to work hard enough.

Tapscott: He has had a ok year. He looks good up forward.

Petterd: Has had chances when not deserved and couldn't kick a goal.Duh!

Rivers: Has had a good year in my mind forward and back.

Jurrah: ARRESTED STUPID!

Aussie: NOT AT THE BLOODY CLUB!

Gysberts: He can't run out a game. Do you want to gift games to players who don't put in on the track?

Can you remind me which midfield Neeld coached before coming to Melbourne? That midfield seemed to work pretty well under Neeld.

If he has left then it's a big loss for us. He's one of the few senior players we have above the age of 25 and one of our few players with some bulk and fight. Off field he is borderline obsessed with the club, so he must have been treated like absolute [censored] to want to walk away. It seems our culture problems still exist and if anything Neeld has taken us plummeting down the ladder and losing the players along the way. It's a sad state of affairs at our club. We're worse off now than ever before IMO

If he has left then it's a big loss for us. He's one of the few senior players we have above the age of 25 and one of our few players with some bulk and fight. Off field he is borderline obsessed with the club, so he must have been treated like absolute [censored] to want to walk away. It seems our culture problems still exist and if anything Neeld has taken us plummeting down the ladder and losing the players along the way. It's a sad state of affairs at our club. We're worse off now than ever before IMO

Yeah it sux! We were so awesome before Neeld came on board. Yep, we rocked the football world.

I guess my point was more that Moloney had it within himself to continue his B&F form, or indeed improve. He has had plenty of games, and been given different roles when his early season efforts appeared under-whelming. He is in his physical prime, and has disappointed.

He's disappointed me too . My point is he's got plenty of teammates who've had poor year's as well . Yet , the large majority of his teammates will be going around again . A few should count their blessings that they'll be given a reprieve.

I'd like to see Neeld and Brent sit down together and see if they can nut this out . I hope the lines of communication have been left opened .

Re our list : I can only give 10 players a pass mark this season . And Jones and Clark have been our only 'Good' players this year .

He's disappointed me too . My point is he's got plenty of teammates who've had poor year's as well . Yet , the large majority of his teammates will be going around again . A few should count their blessings that they'll be given a reprieve.

This is exactly what i'm confused about. This post seems to be similar in tone to others where Moloney seems to be portrayed as some sort of victim. What exactly does he have to complain about?

What do you mean others will getting a reprieve? The report is that he is quitting! We're not sacking him (yet).

I'd be more concerned for the fellas like Pettard who probabaly won't get a reprieve - and who haven't used their managers to put rubbish out to the media a day before our last match of the year when our focus should be on winning a game of footy, not Moloneys intentions about his future - yet another example of putting himself before the club - a club he's supposed to bleed red and blue for. I bet his team mates would be really impressed - not.

Wouldn't be a Demonland day without a good ol Beamer bashin....

IF the story is true, (pretty good chance I would have thought) then thanks for the years of good service Brent. You did your best to instill some old fashioned spirit and fight to a wuss of a club and got the most out of your abilities. Been a struggle of a year, best of luck with your new club.

Hopefully this will end at least some of the disgraceful stuff that has been posted on 'Land this year, and especially this week where I've never before seen such disrespect to so many of our players.

Green and Moloney gone, possibly more senior bodies will go looking for finals elsewhere, we are in serious trouble.

This is exactly what i'm confused about. This post seems to be similar in tone to others where Moloney seems to be portrayed as some sort of victim. What exactly does he have to complain about?

What do you mean others will getting a reprieve? The report is that he is quitting! We're not sacking him (yet).

I'd be more concerned for the fellas like Pettard who probabaly won't get a reprieve - and who haven't used their managers to put rubbish out to the media a day before our last match of the year when our focus should be on winning a game of footy, not Moloneys intentions about his future - yet another example of putting himself before the club - a club he's supposed to bleed red and blue for. I bet his team mates would be really impressed - not.

What complicates things is that Brent is a RFA and he's got a much bigger profile that many others . I don't see him as victim in any way , shape or form . You obviously don't rate the bloke and you're entitled to your opinion . I do rate the bloke and believe it's in the best interests of the club to get the best out of him .

My point re players getting a reprieve : It's my reckoning that we've got about 14 - 16 players on our list who for one reason or another are under pressure to hold their spot . That's based on a few things - games played this year , performances this year , contract status etc etc . Some are these 'said' players are contracted as well and at last count , we've still got 14 - 16 players who are out of contract .

Given that's it's not really feasible to 'move on' more than 10 players in any given year , it's my opinion that more than a few will get a reprieve . And some of them will be lucky .

Here's the 'Contracts' thread . See rpfc's Post #171 for the most up to date list ...

http://demonland.com...s/page__st__150

Edited by Macca

See ya. Totally wasted 2012 Brent.

Didn't get your own way anymore did you...

Rather than bite the bullet you go and play for another bottom team.

P!ss poor form i say...

You're one to talk about poor form with a post like that.

What a disgrace some of you are.

• Like 1

It's called collateral damage Lord Travis. Neeld and co are attempting to change the culture and set standards. As Neeld said in his first player address, there will be some players who if they don't play the role he wants them to to the standard he'll set then they wont play.

Moloney seems to fall into that category. If he can't adjust to the new standards that the coach has in place then there's no spot for him in our team.

If these rumors are true, then I thank Beamer for his service. He'll always be a 100 game player, B&F winner and will always be welcome back at the club. But it's now a matter on getting the best return for Beamer as possible.

• Like 2

I would love Beamer to stay, but he needs to get with Neelds program which I do not think he did.

I think he will test FA and probably go.

he has had a poor year, but I will not hang the guy over 1 bad year.

I hope he stays and becomes a great player for us again.

Sad to see him go ? I'm sad he's on the list.

Moloney represents all that is wrong at Melbourne. The worst culture in the AFL. Bomber Thompson got it right when he was the first player he wanted to show the door to get pick 12, which would help yield Ottens. He was one of Ablett's best mates and it wasn't long after Moloney left that Scarlett told Ablett to pull his head in.

Moloney is just another ordinary midfielder that played the game on his terms. Winning a B&F at a bottom club isn't any great shakes. FFS, Davey did it. You're a bottom club for a reason, you don't have much talent.

There's one thing that all coaches requires of their players and it's called "buy in". If a coach's players don't buy in to the game plan, or the path the club is heading a coach will never succeed. Moloney was all that was wrong in this past era of Melbourne and quite simply he didn't buy in under Neeld. It was too hard. Now whether you like it, or not, Neeld isn't going anywhere, so the obvious solution is that the senior player rotting away at Casey goes somewhere. He'll be better at a different club under a different coach. He'll have no choice.

This club needs players on the same page and those with an axe to grind out the door. I hope he goes. He should go. He needs to go. And if the compensation is only third round then fine. The last thing I'm concerned about is compensatory picks. Let's start improving the culture.

• Like 10

This is the same Brent Moloney whose Manager on May 9, 2012 said that they were going to test the market for free agency.

May 9 pretty much 4 weeks after the season had started. This is a massive dummy spit by a player that is one dimensional. Has thrown the toys out of the pram early on so it's no surprise we get to the end of the year and he is out of the team,

Brent Moloney left the Dees months ago.

Thanks for your contribution - now go quietly not like a primadonna. You may be surprised by what you get offered as a free agent,

• Like 4

What is wrong with the Neeld lovers on demonland!

We have a proven good player over several years - one year with Neeld and there are problems.

Net effect MFC loses a good player - good players don't just lose their talent overnight, but they can become disenchanted.

Stating Moloney is a good player proves to me you've lost your way. If someone can highlight to me games in the last 3 years where he has played well against well credentialled sides. He is a slow, one way, one dimension player, with no defensive game and a long but ineffective kick. He has been shown up by a game plan that doesn't reward just the number of possessions that you get. I would be aghast if we attempted to retain him to compete with other offers. Will be a second string mature mid for the right side but not ours.

Sad to see him go ? I'm sad he's on the list.

Moloney represents all that is wrong at Melbourne. The worst culture in the AFL. Bomber Thompson got it right when he was the first player he wanted to show the door to get pick 12, which would help yield Ottens. He was one of Ablett's best mates and it wasn't long after Moloney left that Scarlett told Ablett to pull his head in.

Moloney is just another ordinary midfielder that played the game on his terms. Winning a B&F at a bottom club isn't any great shakes. FFS, Davey did it. You're a bottom club for a reason, you don't have much talent.

There's one thing that all coaches requires of their players and it's called "buy in". If a coach's players don't buy in to the game plan, or the path the club is heading a coach will never succeed. Moloney was all that was wrong in this past era of Melbourne and quite simply he didn't buy in under Neeld. It was too hard. Now whether you like it, or not, Neeld isn't going anywhere, so the obvious solution is that the senior player rotting away at Casey goes somewhere. He'll be better at a different club under a different coach. He'll have no choice.

This club needs players on the same page and those with an axe to grind out the door. I hope he goes. He should go. He needs to go. And if the compensation is only third round then fine. The last thing I'm concerned about is compensatory picks. Let's start improving the culture.

I understand what you're saying, but if it is true that he will be better at a different club, under a different coach, then you would have to ask why it is that Neeld couldn't get him there.

What is wrong with the Neeld lovers on demonland!

We have a proven good player over several years - one year with Neeld and there are problems.

Net effect MFC loses a good player - good players don't just lose their talent overnight, but they can become disenchanted.

Hardnut, is it not clear to you that this club has a problem with "senior" players being a) not as good as senior players at other clubs and B) no leadership skills? There is a reason why the group of well respected imported coaching staff (inc neeld and Craig) left him out of the leadership group. There is a reason why he isn't allowed to run around, puff his chest out and bark and point at other players anymore.

You refer to neeld lovers as if the club has just fallen from glory days. We have had a serious problem within the club for decades. Young players that leave have flourished, senior players that leave play out their years at box hill. The club is trying to change that. Open your eyes, you aren't seeing anything except your favourite player not getting a game.

• Like 6

Joel Selwood wouldn't fit Neeld's game plan-tough hard bodied clearance player.

Beamer would suit Sydney perfectly-clearing from stoppages to the Swans runners and he'd kick goals from inside the centre square at the SCG.

Okaay, now in my opinion Beamer has not been much of a noted goal kicker up until now, so you think the smaller ground will automatically make him an attacking weapon capable of kicking those goals? :wacko:

Not saying Sylvia isn't accountable for his own performance and attitude but he and Moloney are best mates, and in the first half of the season Col and Brent were showing no pride in their performance in what seemed like neither were "willing to buy into" Neeld's coaching. I remember Neeld saying on radio after the Hawthorn game that he sat Sylvia down and told him where he is at, basically telling Col his attitude and commitment to his game wasn't at the standard it should be. Whether Sylvia's attitude was reflective of his best mate's is merely conjecture, but in a recent article quoting Neeld, per http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=146068, he purposely contrasted Moloney's season with Sylvia's mentioning how Colin is now a leader at the club whereas Moloney has been languishing. Maybe I am reading into something that's not there, but if Brent isn't willing to "buy in" as Greeny stated, it can become cancerous and there is no point in keeping him.