Brent Moloney Departing MFC

Dr. Mubutu

Care to elaborate just a fraction on this oh so profound post?

My pleasure.

My point is that Moloney is a flat track bully.

He got 19 Brownlow votes in 2011 with the breakdown as follows:

Swans 2

Lions 3

Suns 1

Crows 3

Tiges 3

Port 3

Suns 1

Port 3

Where did those teams finish?

Swans 7

Lions 15

Suns 17

Crows 14

Tiges 12

Port 16

Suns 17

Port 16

FTB. QED.

• Like 6

Guest Rassilon
Care to elaborate?

Unfortunately I cant. However, the strategy is very sound. All will be revealed in the end. However, there is still much water to flow under the bridge.

I'm dumbfounded !! here we have our current B&F winner, hard in and under ( something we ah... lack) and by the sounds of it many of you are just happy to say see ya! Gees no wonder our club is struggling!

Over and out for the night sheeesh!

To be clear, the reports are that Moloney is 'quitting' the dees - we are not sacking him (yet). No doubt this is manoeuvring on his and his managers part, but he is the one wanting out.

I'm dumbfounded !! here we have our current B&F winner, hard in and under ( something we ah... lack) and by the sounds of it many of you are just happy to say see ya! Gees no wonder our club is struggling!

No the club is struggling because we have put up with talented players who don't really want to work that hard. The bleeds red and blue sentiment has to go. Where has it gotten us.

This is ironic after his speech about McLean and the 'straight line'. He had minimal impact this season so it's no big loss. The bright side is that now we have a huge amount of cap space for the Free Agency and Trade period. The positives far outweigh the negatives here.

Disagree with this. Mclean was in favour at Melbourne and given every opportunity.

Moloney is out of favour and struggling to get a game. Not to mention that Viney (if we get him) will be the favoured option going forward.

While i hope he doesnt go and i hope he doesnt cop too much, its the best thing for both parties

Joel Selwood wouldn't fit Neeld's game plan-tough hard bodied clearance player.

Beamer would suit Sydney perfectly-clearing from stoppages to the Swans runners and he'd kick goals from inside the centre square at the SCG.

Oh yes he would...he's exactly the type of player Neeld wants, hard at the contest against all comers, spreads well, good leader and makes good decisions under pressure.

Trouble is he doesn't clear to runners, he tries to break packs, against the good teams gets caught and if he doesn't he bombs the ball to the disadvantage of the team.

Kennedy, Jack, Hanaberry, O'Keefe, Bolton, Goodes, McVeigh, Jetta; who misses out for Moloney?

• Like 1

He deservedly won the B&F in 2011. We are just about to finish 2012.

My pleasure.

Swans 2

Lions 3

Suns 1

Crows 3

Tiges 3

Port 3

Suns 1

Port 3

Swans 7

Lions 15

Suns 17

Crows 14

Tiges 12

Port 16

Suns 17

Port 16

FTB. QED.

Fark that's a telling stat. Just confirms the FTB tag really.

On another note I heard the Club wants him to shed some muscle too, but thought it was to do with upcoming preseason. So I'm a bit surprised about this call...

I don't know about the trade bit. Are you sure? Even if if it is technically possible i can't see how it would work in practice. If we made him an offer, which he accepted, in order to trade him to another club, then couldn't get a trade done we would be stuck with him. Not a scenario club or player would be happy with.

Like Cloke Molnoey may have snookered himself. What club will be be prepared to play top dollar for a player who is slow and is coming off a poor year. His form is completely exposed - unlike a player who has been playing seconds beucase he is on the outer. Ask the question - where will he come in this years bluey? Top 10? No? Why is that, given he has been injury free, is a mid fielder in a side with a weak midfield and is in the prime of his footy life.

99.99% sure. Only reason why I'm not 100% sure is because you should never say something's 100% until it's done.

It'll work just like any normal trade for an out of contract play (for example Troy Davis) would work. If a trade doesn't get done then they can either take our offer and knuckle down like Ryan O'Keefe did with Sydney all those years back or they can go into the draft.

Restricted free agency is more to allow players get paid what they're worth. So if their current club is under paying them, then they can go to another club that will pay them more. If we can match the offer then there's no right to walk to that club of his choice. It's the unrestricted free agency which is all about awarding player loyalty and letting them go anywhere for whatever money, even if it's lower.

If there's 6 clubs interested then if we match the offers we can make those clubs put their money where their mouth is and see what they'd be willing to give up. I reckon Moloney in a package with our 3rd round pick could get us something decent.

• Like 2

My pleasure.

Swans 2

Lions 3

Suns 1

Crows 3

Tiges 3

Port 3

Suns 1

Port 3

Swans 7

Lions 15

Suns 17

Crows 14

Tiges 12

Port 16

Suns 17

Port 16

FTB. QED.

In our 13 losses last year our Club received a total of 8 Brownlow votes .

Moloney 3 , Sylvia 3 , Howe 1 and Jones 1 .

So where were ALL the rest of them ? The rest of 34/35 players on our list who couldn't get 1 Brownlow vote between them in these losses ! Did they ALL go missing ?

Actually , Moloney polled better than everyone else (bar Sylvia) in our losses last year . Or maybe we just had 40 'Flat track bullies' ?

Disagree with this. Mclean was in favour at Melbourne and given every opportunity.

Moloney is out of favour and struggling to get a game. Not to mention that Viney (if we get him) will be the favoured option going forward.

Beg to differ. Moloney has had ample opportunity this year to extend his range beyond finger-pointing at ball-ups, kicking floaters down the ground under no particular pressure, and running on the spot on the outside of packs. I get the sense that Neeld will back anyone who has a red-hot crack, and Brent as the reigning B&F was in the perfect position to demonstrate his leadership wares to the new coach.

A point of comparison is Chunk, who has just done the business and gone to the next level. I don't think "being in favour" has anything to do with it - except that "being in favour" equates to "being with the program" and going hard at it. On that score, I back the ones who are in favour, and am happy to see the back of those who aren't.

• Like 7

Say. No. More.

Hard to argue on that . So let's point the finger at every player .

This year , we haven't even been able to reproduce the flat track bully bit . Even that's gone . :)

Beg to differ. Moloney has had ample opportunity this year to extend his range beyond finger-pointing at ball-ups, kicking floaters down the ground under no particular pressure, and running on the spot on the outside of packs. I get the sense that Neeld will back anyone who has a red-hot crack, and Brent as the reigning B&F was in the perfect position to demonstrate his leadership wares to the new coach.

A point of comparison is Chunk, who has just done the business and gone to the next level. I don't think "being in favour" has anything to do with it - except that "being in favour" equates to "being with the program" and going hard at it. On that score, I back the ones who are in favour, and am happy to see the back of those who aren't.

He's the only real example people can come up with . Some might view him as an aberration . We have many on our list who have gone backwards or have had forgettable years . 1 legitimate win is the proof .

There's hardly a player at MFC that doesn't need more bulk (look at Chapman at Geelong!) - why would we be wanting players to lose bulk?

So Maloney can run out games and chase back as well as burst through packs, Lyon asked the same of Ryan Crowley who lost somewhere between 7-10kgs over the off season and has been a great run with player this year

Isn't it neelds job to get the best out of moloney? Why couldn't neeld get into moloney's head. It shouldn't be that difficult? After all, moloney is a simple bloke.

It raises the issue that neeld can't manage men. It seems he has lost moloney, frawley, tapscott, petered, rivers, Jurrah, wonamirri and Gysberts. All players that would be in my starting 18.

He's the only real example people can come up with.

I guess my point was more that Moloney had it within himself to continue his B&F form, or indeed improve. He has had plenty of games, and been given different roles when his early season efforts appeared under-whelming. He is in his physical prime, and has disappointed.