Brent Moloney Departing MFC

Dr. Mubutu

Expect Neeld to reel this one out more and more, just lost 400 games of experience, that's 20 games less per player out of our best 20.

Would make us less experienced than GWS an GC, need to get games in the kids, another Bailey saying, seems we are going around in ever tightning circles.

Now that Ratts and Primus have been hung out to dry, it's not hard to predict who will be receiving the heat after a few losses next season.

Brent was dumped from the VC and leadership group after winning the bluey, Neeld has tried to change his game around from tucking the ball in and breaking tackles, which was his trademark, the rapid decline of Jamar hasn't helped.

Would you like us to offer Brent Harvey a 5 Yr deal then Bluey. We can make up that deficiency in One foul swoop. ;)

• Like 1

Isn't it neelds job to get the best out of moloney? Why couldn't neeld get into moloney's head. It shouldn't be that difficult? After all, moloney is a simple bloke.

It raises the issue that neeld can't manage men. It seems he has lost moloney, frawley, tapscott, petered, rivers, Jurrah, wonamirri and Gysberts. All players that would be in my starting 18.

Um it's Wonaeamirri and he hasn't been on the list for 2 years how did Neeld lose him?

Oh its Petterd btw

• Like 1

Touche Macca and one other thing tea leaves post didn't provide was that Brownlow votes only tell one half of the story, not to say that he was still/ STILL our best player in many other games which we lost which paints a different picture of his performances in context!

Yep , in our multitude of losses in the last 6 years , we've had very few good individual performances . Apart from Jones and Clark this season , I can't think of anyone else in previous years who has 'Put their hand up' in our losses (apart from the odd game)

And we don't need our poor tally of Brownlow votes for confirmation . It just stands out . At least in the dark days of the 70's and 80's we had various players who played well in our losses . Our lack of A grade talent is a glaring weakness and it has been since Neitz finished playing .

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

You're one to talk about poor form with a post like that.

What a disgrace some of you are.

Stuie i want to see the MFC win flags before i die. Beamer was a complete waste of space this year, given ample opportunities to improve.

He is the disgrace. Not me.

It will be sad if beamer goes... recurring theme at melbourne losing quality players: jolly, mclean and now maybe beamer all of whom has or will make a big impact at another team. I still think beamer could be an asset at melbourne... if he trims down even further and improves his cardio and stamina it might give him some pace? it's sad cos he's just another piece of a one dimensional slow midfield except for jones and sylvia. Add moloney into any other team and he could become a major asset!

Hard to argue on that . So let's point the finger at every player .

This year , we haven't even been able to reproduce the flat track bully bit . Even that's gone . :)

This thread is about Moloney.

I would have responded in kind had it been about, say, Davey, Bruce, Green, Yze, Travis, White or any of the other myriad Demons over recent years who have failed to cut the mustard in tough games against top sides.

Put yourself in the boots of the MFC footy department.

Moloney has been a good clubman, but what does he offer going forward? He's 29 - is he going to get better? Can he play Neeld's gameplan? Is he asking more than Melbourne is offering? Etc?

• Like 1

Pfft who will be nervous? whats he gonna do win a brownlow? or the coleman medal? he is 28 and not much improvement. a change of scenery might do him good but FFS wont be doing anything special next year! glad he is gone nothing but a culture damage to this club.

what p1ssweak supporters we have. the snipers are coming out of the woodwork now aren't they.

Stuie i want to see the MFC win flags before i die. Beamer was a complete waste of space this year, given ample opportunities to improve.

He is the disgrace. Not me.

His form has been very ordinary this year, but he's not alone in that.

He won the Bluey last year, 10th in the Brownlow, and then you lot turn on him when he struggles, that's not supporting, it's the same old p1sdweak culture we've had as a supporter base for 50 years.

• Like 1

what p1ssweak supporters we have. the snipers are coming out of the woodwork now aren't they.

No Stuie. The supporters are sick and tired of being taken for a ride to nowhere.

Beamer is no longer king of his castle. That is the reality.

His form has been very ordinary this year, but he's not alone in that.

He won the Bluey last year, 10th in the Brownlow, and then you lot turn on him when he struggles, that's not supporting, it's the same old p1sdweak culture we've had as a supporter base for 50 years.

The difference between you and me is easy to see.

You rate the awards given out by the club in 2011. I don't.

After 186 all awards should have been made null & void for the MFC.

Nobody deserved anything.

No Stuie. The supporters are sick and tired of being taken for a ride to nowhere.

Beamer is no longer king of his castle. That is the reality.

Then maybe the "supporters" should get their act together, lose the sense of entitlement, and create a supporter culture that echoes the culture we all want for our players: Unified, supportive, and brave, not snipers who turn on their senior players at the drop of a hat, consistently bash the young draftees, and criticise our new captains.

Now that doesn't mean we don't hold the club accountable (bloody buzzwords!), but it does mean we direct the passion constructively for a change.

The difference between you and me is easy to see.

You rate the awards given out by the club in 2011. I don't.

After 186 all awards should have been made null & void for the MFC.

Nobody deserved anything.

Get over 186 mate. You guys here use it like it's 9/11 and it's an excuse to be trumped out anytime we need one.

Moloney played well last year, and most of his previous years, and this year he's been bad. Simple as that. He may go to another club, fair enough from both sides I would have thought, but he has worked hard and got the most from his abilities while at MFC, in a pretty rubbish time for us in our club history. Not asking for unrealistic appraisal of his form or skills, but at least show some respect for someone who has stuck with a struggling club for 8 years because he loves it.

• Like 1

We are. We're demanding better. And so should you.

Stop trying to use things out of context RR. Did you bother to read my whole post? You're little trick of quoting part of a post and then answering it with a generic question about expectations is a pretty thinly veiled attempt at trying to seem like you have a clue.

Edited by stuie

We are. We're demanding better. And so should you.

Now that doesn't mean we don't hold the club accountable (bloody buzzwords!), but it does mean we direct the passion constructively for a change.

There's the part you chose to conveniently miss RR.

This thread is about Moloney.

I would have responded in kind had it been about, say, Davey, Bruce, Green, Yze, Travis, White or any of the other myriad Demons over recent years who have failed to cut the mustard in tough games against top sides.

Put yourself in the boots of the MFC footy department.

Moloney has been a good clubman, but what does he offer going forward? He's 29 - is he going to get better? Can he play Neeld's gameplan? Is he asking more than Melbourne is offering? Etc?

The thread is about Moloney but that doesn't mean you can't add context . In fact , context should nearly always come into it . It's not only about Moloney , it can't be . There are connections everywhere and those 'other' things need to be brought into the discussion .

By your reckoning if we have a thread about Neeld ,we can't mention previous FD's ? Misson ? Admin issues ? Amount of talent on the list ? etc etc .

Apart from Jones and Clark this season , can you give me one player who has put his hand up in our losses ? This year or in the previous 5 years ? I don't see why Moloney should take the heat for other players failings .

Edited by Macca

Get over 186 mate. You guys here use it like it's 9/11 and it's an excuse to be trumped out anytime we need one.

Moloney played well last year, and most of his previous years, and this year he's been bad. Simple as that. He may go to another club, fair enough from both sides I would have thought, but he has worked hard and got the most from his abilities while at MFC, in a pretty rubbish time for us in our club history. Not asking for unrealistic appraisal of his form or skills, but at least show some respect for someone who has stuck with a struggling club for 8 years because he loves it.

Do you really think he has got the best out of himself Stuie?

I don't. But his bank balance has prospered through those dark years.

He couldn't get a game against GW$.....

My point is ... you're a goose.

You have no point RR. Or substance, fact, or anything else resembling a useful poster.

You do your best to belittle everything about the club, then when challenged you resort to name calling like it's recess.