Neeld on Insider

waikikkamukau

How singularly uninspiring/unimaginative and morose.

No wonder we cant get motivated, no wonder we are where we are! Pffft.

We need to get Alan Killigrew on deck to knock down a few doors with loosened hinges you think 'Picket'? that should fire up the boys...

• Like 1

Wouldn't go that far and ''The Rant" still has a place but IMV from what this is presented as, is passionless and bland. Neeld not "Scary" at all! Not that you want Scary all the time either! Having witnessed some ultra inspiring motivations from Swooper Northey and Dare I say it Neal Daniher, this bloke isn't even in the same league as a motivator and that, after all is what helps win games of footy!

Fence, go and listen to what he is saying.

The responsibility of performance is put there for the players. When he sees something he can re-inforce, he will. We have all bemoaned the weak attitude and endevour demonstrated by so many for so long. What does he make clear? That attitude and endevour is what he wants. The rest he can build. The rest they can learn.

He wants them to hit in hard, win the ball, protect their mates and fight. Urgent, intense, hardworking etc.

He's also keeping a lid on things a lot. You'd want to be in the huddle when we get to the big time - he'll have them jumping out of their skin.

And he's mad. And I like that.

• Like 3

I reckon he is, too. Bit of psycho about him which I like. Very un-Melbourne-like.

Unless you count our two whacko Jakos.

Guest KingDingAling

Really happy we aren't chasing Cloke, relieved to say the least.

It never made sense at all.

Clark was our big get as a forward, we should have enough to fill in around him.

Jurrah would be ideal, wish he could get back, like Howe, he makes things happen.

Guest King Cuthbertson

Wouldn't go that far and ''The Rant" still has a place but IMV from what this is presented as, is passionless and bland. Neeld not "Scary" at all! Not that you want Scary all the time either! Having witnessed some ultra inspiring motivations from Swooper Northey and Dare I say it Neal Daniher, this bloke isn't even in the same league as a motivator and that, after all is what helps win games of footy!

I'd disagree with that. You don't need to smash the decibel-o-meter to be scary. Some of our players looked genuinely uncomfortable when he was delivering that address in the change rooms. He has a steely, penetrating gaze and a directness in speech that is a little unnerving.... I never saw anything like that when Bailey coached. With Daniher, I thought his sprays were a bit cartoonish. Knowing the man Daniher, a jovial, amiable down to earth bloke....it never resonated with me.

This is the edited version of Neeld too. I'm sure there's been even more demonstrative and colourful talks given away from the cameras that are just unfit for public viewing.

I wouldn't want to cross him , or ignore orders.

Edited by King Cuthbertson
  • Like 1

Really happy we aren't chasing Cloke, relieved to say the least.

It never made sense at all.

Clark was our big get as a forward, we should have enough to fill in around him.

Jurrah would be ideal, wish he could get back, like Howe, he makes things happen.

Yeah. I was never sold on Cloke but we really need a player to fill that CHF gap. No one on our list has been able to do it with either consistency or authority. And, as we have seen, if Clarke goes down, we are snookered. Tippett?

Yeah. I was never sold on Cloke but we really need a player to fill that CHF gap. No one on our list has been able to do it with either consistency or authority. And, as we have seen, if Clarke goes down, we are snookered. Tippett?

Im sure its been discussed somewhere else....but Tippet would be an enormous pick up. Apparantly he wants to go back to the gold coast, but Mitch wanted to go back to WA also. Personally Id rather have him for less dough and with less of the media bullsh$t than Cloke. Are we any kind of chance in this?

This is the edited version of Neeld too. I'm sure there's been even more demonstrative and colourful talks given away from the cameras that are just unfit for public viewing.

Very true. As with all things, this is what they are prepared to let us see.

I imagine that the things that go on behind the scenes would be very different from the public face.

Interesting to see the small snippets though. Really wish I could be a fly on the wall or even get in on the Coach's Box auction they've got going at the moment.

Bbo you have forgotten Cook

How could you!

Gumbleton would be the perfect fit,he's out of contract as well and offering him 'overs' to make it happen still wouldnt be huge

I just watched this vid for the first time. Liked it. Neeld is learning the ropes just like the players. But because he is a teacher he does know where he wants to get to.

Beating GC is small to us but to that group, right now it is a challenge.

I agree being an assistant is hard core. But there is room to be a dam good one.

Gumbleton would be the perfect fit,he's out of contract as well and offering him 'overs' to make it happen still wouldnt be huge

I know he's had a mountain of injuries but I wouldn't say no either. He plays like an old school hit up hard working CHF who can take a contested mark but really his best work is as a target who presents up and then marks well. But not just money wise I think Essendon would still value him, they've invested too much now to let him go when he's starting to look a bit less like a man made of chalk.

I suppose you could say he motivated them to go hard for one quarter but frankly it left me .......well .....unimpressed would be being polite. I reckon if thats his style and I was a free agent I would be considering my options. Todays Age article comparing relative stats from last year and rankings with regards the other teams give a certain clarity to my 22 round googles.....Still the jury is out until 2014 I guess,assuming tbe Board thinks the same way and there isnt a mass exodus of coaching Asistants to greener pastures,or Blue..r fields perhaps

I suppose you could say he motivated them to go hard for one quarter but frankly it left me .......well .....unimpressed would be being polite. I reckon if thats his style and I was a free agent I would be considering my options. Todays Age article comparing relative stats from last year and rankings with regards the other teams give a certain clarity to my 22 round googles.....Still the jury is out until 2014 I guess,assuming tbe Board thinks the same way and there isnt a mass exodus of coaching Asistants to greener pastures,or Blue..r fields perhaps

I heard Mitch Clark was so unimpressed with Neeld that he was the reason he signed with Fremantle.

• Like 1

The fact that truckloads of Cash had nothing at all to do with his decision to join is inconsequential also I spose!

To understand motivation and the relationship between personality and on methods of motivation is to understand that there is no " one style of motivation" and the ability to perform on the day. My response made earlier is a personal reflection of how to me the buildup of the game from whence this material was gathered did little which would arouse and or heighten my external sensory modes. So yeah the "Killagrew" model worked probably better for me when I played BUT, this method is not conducive to all, and nor should it be. At this level the so called Neeld scary stare is nothing more than apparition, It did not appear natural and if it does not appear natural, then, hence my comment. Scared? Nah not by a long shot! and not sure scared is the way to go either! Motivational? well maybe for some and for a quarter. What you really want is internal motivation and tools to allow for peak performance. Can a coach bring these qualities out ? Yep. The real question is has Neeld been succesful in motivating players towards consistent performance? That is the real burning question!

I heard Mitch Clark was so unimpressed with Neeld that he was the reason he signed with Fremantle.

Edited by picket fence

Sorry to raise the Cloke issue again...

I didnt see Mark Neeld on Insider so am not aware of everything he said.

I did see his media conference yesterday though.

Am I reading too much into the following:

Question:

With Mitch Clark missing you've struggled to take a mark inside 50. Re Travis Cloke, you sort of refuted last night <on Insider> that he was a possibility to come to Melbourne. Can we confirm that?

MN:

That interview was done a week or so back with Pickers. Off the top of my head I think I was asked the question "have we offered Travis Cloke a contract", and the answer is no. We have not offered Travis a contract at all.

After the whole $cully saga, I tend to get a bit suss when questions start getting picked apart and answered in specific ways.

For example we may not have offered him a contract (the question asked), but we may well have made him an offer that he is yet to accept/decline (not the question asked)....

?

Edited by JTR

Sorry to raise the Cloke issue again...

I didnt see Mark Neeld on Insider so am not aware of everything he said.

?

look four post above yours (#94 ) ..theres a link to the "Insider" segment :)