Lynden Dunn - yes or no?

titan_uranus

Lynden Dunn in 2013 - yes or no?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we are delisting up to 8 players, he goes.

Mixed feelings about Dunny, I can't stand his pseudo macho niggling, diving and punching players in the guts when they're not looking.

Having said that the highlight of yesterday's game was the World Championship Wresting match he was having with Cornes, I was hoping the camera would stay on it instead of the crappy game

Edited by ravi shanker
  • Like 1

Dunn in one who has put his head down in the second half of the season and has shown he is prepeared to work hard and get stuck in. Now, that alone should not guarantee you a spot on a senior AFL list but in our side it leapfrogs him ahead of several others who just coast through games and really give us nothing.

Has earned a reprieve for mine.

Ditto.

I was a fan when he started out, but haven't been recently: however his recent games as a defender have shown he has something to contribute especially in terms of depth.

He has needed some decent guidance and coaching, which he may now be getting for the first time.

He does seem to be a bit of a tool though: pity he finds the need to stage for so many frees.

Edited by monoccular

Evans doesn't count, he's a rookie. Green too, as a veteran.

Agree re: Morton, Petterd, and Bennell, and I'll thrown in Bate too. They're all gone, surely. Disagree re: Bail, unsure on Spencer, as he seems to be offering something and ruckman are scarce, and I have no idea where Bartram's at with his rehab but I think I'd prefer a hobbled Bartram to a fit Dunn anyway.

Anyway, point is, I don't think Dunn is in front of anyone except the three I mentioned, and even if he is, we need to clean the list out.

Ridiculous statement.

• Like 1

Dunn in one who has put his head down in the second half of the season and has shown he is prepeared to work hard and get stuck in. Now, that alone should not guarantee you a spot on a senior AFL list but in our side it leapfrogs him ahead of several others who just coast through games and really give us nothing.

Has earned a reprieve for mine.

That's how I feel.

I've seen more from him in the last few weeks to see he has some value than I ever have. He had that goal kicking patch a few years ago. But I like some long, reliable disposal off half back. I don't mind how annoying he is, I just hate it when stupid supporters say he's "hard at it" because he ruffles jumpers.

• Like 1

I'm really keen to see what the entirety of Demonland thinks. I personally cannot believe anyone thinks that we should be giving Dunn a new contract, but it seems there are plenty who think his last few weeks have earned it, so I really want to know what the general consensus is.

Deserves another year , especially since he has got ridden of his Mo !

I'm really keen to see what the entirety of Demonland thinks. I personally cannot believe anyone thinks that we should be giving Dunn a new contract, but it seems there are plenty who think his last few weeks have earned it, so I really want to know what the general consensus is.

Deserves another year , especially since he has got ridden of his Mo !

Yeaaaahnahhh......yeah......nah.

Sorry Dunny-nah.

I get sick of posters using this "flat track bully" term, personally I can't wait for the day when we are a team of bullies!

Stuie, I agree, I cant wait for us to be a hard nose team of bullies..... but I do not want us to be huffing and puffing our chests against teams like the GWS and GC and then laying down against everyone else..... that is a flat track bully because he acts tough when the going is easy but when things get tough he goes to water.

• Like 1

I was a definite "no" until he was moved to the backline earlier this year. Since then he has been better than solid, interspersed with a few classic dumb-Dunny moments and brain fades.

He is one of the better kicks in our team. BTW does anyone know how to get his kicking efficiency stats for 2012?

He is a huge body and has on many occasions imposed that body on a contest.

He has become a good role-player, and if he is not watched will kick goals.

However, if Neeld delists 8 players I reckon Dunny is gone becasue I cannot see much improvement ahead. I reckon he has been ruined by playing out of position, from being in and out of the starting 22 more than a honeymoon groom on his wedding night, and our player-development system has been below par.

If Neeld delists less than 8 players, Dunn stays.

That's how I feel.

I've seen more from him in the last few weeks to see he has some value than I ever have. He had that goal kicking patch a few years ago. But I like some long, reliable disposal off half back. I don't mind how annoying he is, I just hate it when stupid supporters say he's "hard at it" because he ruffles jumpers.

Absolutely agree. The faux toughness has always given me the somethings. I also think now that he'll probably stay, though it's such a shift in my position that it's almost painful.

Absolutely agree. The faux toughness has always given me the somethings. I also think now that he'll probably stay, though it's such a shift in my position that it's almost painful.

Well at least he is one of our players that tries to physically intimidate (even if the mo makes it laughable). None of the others can do it except Clark and possibly Jones.

We are so soft it ain't funny.

God how desperate are we for a glimmer of anything that we're ( some ) considering Dunn a fair dinkum keeper.

Do we really have the bar that low ?

If were to be truly competitve we need to measure ourselves by the top half dozen teams. Which of any would a player like Dunn get a game in ?

I'll be gob smacked if this is the ilk we awant to hang on to.. we may well end up doing so as you can only get rid of so many each year,but it must be only because we have to not because we want to.

Has three strong attributes which we lack: mongrel attitude, penetrating kick, is strong defensively and can go forward.

Well that's four, but OK..

The attitude is fake and only comes out when we're on top. He's actually quite soft and squibs contests.

He's not 'strong' defensively; he's adequate. And he can go forward about as well as Stefan Martin.

His long kick shouldn't be enough to keep him.

Stuie, I agree, I cant wait for us to be a hard nose team of bullies..... but I do not want us to be huffing and puffing our chests against teams like the GWS and GC and then laying down against everyone else..... that is a flat track bully because he acts tough when the going is easy but when things get tough he goes to water.

I hear ya Don. Guess I just think we've gotta start somewhere! 1 bloke beating up on lesser opponents is a start...

Besides, I don't agree with the general consensus on that about Dunn anyway, he may not play well against more skilled, quality opposition, but I don't recall ever seeing Lynden take a backwards step against anyone... Him and Mitch are about the only 2 we have on the team that will back up one of ours getting bullied, maybe Tappy too... I always remember Kevin Sheedy saying "you always need a couple of cowboys on your team", and for now that's Dunny, I really hope a few more skilled players will take the mantel off him next year, IMO it's an important part of unity and confidence which are two things we are in short supply of.

Agree. It seems that people are saying we should keep him because there are worse. To me, that's not a reason for keeping him.

Um, yes it is. If you cut everybody who wasn't up to it in one hit, we'd have 15 players on the list.

Why can't people see this is a 2-3 year process?

Dunn will probably go in the next 2 years. However, I wouldn't say he is in the first 10 out the door. Ergo, he stays.

I think he's improving and is much better off the backline. Give him a job and a focus and I think he's much better, rather than playing him in the forward line where he has to make the play.

• Like 1