Jordan Gysberts

Range Rover

so what do you have to say about dustin fletcher?? tool

Robbie Flower was no brick outhouse either.

Tucky,KB.

I respect the Gys until he proves himself.

The size of Cales arms is of no interest to me-what difference would it make?

Guest KingDingAling

You need to read the post above yours - it makes sense.

Yep, clears it up a bit... I'd like to know Mortons excuse.

Gysberts has smarts and can play, no doubt.

That midfield spot next year will have to be hard fought for,

so I expect the boys will be putting in massive pre-seasons.

Gysberts probably limited to the midfield it would seem - so he needs to really work.

Regardless of whether Gysberts had wrist injuries preventing him from doing weights or not,

doesn't get away from other slight on players we have who haven't bulked up a lot.

Development has been an issue of ours.

Maybe we should put them all on the Tapscott diet.

so what do you have to say about dustin fletcher?? tool

You're not comparing apples with apples there, dazz. Different type of player, different role. I'd also suggest that Fletcher has infinitely more strength than Gys or Morton.

Guest KingDingAling

This thread is laughable

Lets just delist everyone!

Idiots

Development has been an issue.

I think fans are entitled to be frustrated.

I dont think anyone is shouting to delist Gysberts.

There are players on our list who should be delisted though and there are many

of them - as you would expect from side with high expectations that haven't delivered much in over ten years.

Fans are probably fed up.

Yep, clears it up a bit... I'd like to know Mortons excuse.

Gysberts has smarts and can play, no doubt.

That midfield spot next year will have to be hard fought for,

so I expect the boys will be putting in massive pre-seasons.

Gysberts probably limited to the midfield it would seem - so he needs to really work.

Regardless of whether Gysberts had wrist injuries preventing him from doing weights or not,

doesn't get away from other slight on players we have who haven't bulked up a lot.

Development has been an issue of ours.

Maybe we should put them all on the Tapscott diet.

Morton's a separate issue, but you're right, all our players need to lift their development.

A challenge for all under the new regime.

Development has been an issue.

I think fans are entitled to be frustrated.

I dont think anyone is shouting to delist Gysberts.

There are players on our list who should be delisted though and there are many

of them - as you would expect from side with high expectations that haven't delivered much in over ten years.

Fans are probably fed up.

I would consider a good trade KDA

My thoughts on Gysberts are that he reminded me of Scotty Thompson when he first started playing. Good at getting the contested ball.

This season I was disappointed when i saw at Casey that he had not put any muscle or weight on. But I dont know if that is genetics or what. He has had an interupted season and injuries and an honest assessment of today would be that he didnt have an impact on the game - being a game against the bottom side and youngsters.

Still Im not even close to willing to give up on him on the basis of one game and a poor and injury-riddled season.

ive heard whispers that his work rate has been questioned but I guess at the end of the year we will see.

You don't show as much class as he has in the VFL since day 1 and also crack 30 touches in your first couple of games to be finished so soon.

He can win the ball in close and also win the ball by clever leading around the ground but has plenty of cracks to fill in his game and the big gaping one is fitness. He was stuffed at the end of the game today. The other thing today was he played a lot of half forward which is new for him and just playing in Neeld's game plan for the first time would be difficult..

I hope we stick by him for the end of the year and then we sign him up regardless of whether we think he'll make it or not because we need to get the fitness and strength in him to know for sure. Without it he wont be able to compete in the toughest contests in close.

He is rusty in his first game back and you lambast him.

Where have I queried today's performance ? I expect an answer.

In his third season he had a full preseason yet wasn't considered for round one. Prior to this season's injuries he's been relegated to a third stringer. He is clearly on the outer yet you hurl insults at me.

Why be so emotional about an average player that cost your club a first round draft pick ?

And where have i written him off ?

• Like 1

We have many players who can win the ball. We win our fair share of to footy during games.

It's our inability to maintain possession of the ball that kills us. We simply don't have enough players with the required skill to hit targets or make correct decisions.

I couldn't disagree with you any more. We just do not have players who can rack up their own possessions. Even Jones on song might get 23 but we rarely have someone getting over 30. And yes we do turn it over as well.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_team_rankings

We are last in disposal averages by a long way. 18 disposals a game on average below the 17th team Port Adelaide. That is massive. And a massive 56 per game below the top team.

As for individuals, Jones is 31st in the league Grimes is 77th. That's two out of the top 100.

We do not have players who can get their own ball.

http://www.footywire...t_team_rankings

We are last in disposal averages by a long way. 18 disposals a game on average below the 17th team Port Adelaide. That is massive. And a massive 56 per game below the top team.

As for individuals, Jones is 31st in the league Grimes is 77th. That's two out of the top 100.

We do not have players who can get their own ball.

Possession totals don't correlate directly with players winning their own ball. I agree with you that we need more who can accumulate the football but the way in which they will do this still has to be within a game plan that isn't possession focused.

I don't have the stats but I'd say we get a good jump in possession in games we win or are competitive in and that's mainly because guys who get around a dozen possessions in a losing side move up towards 20+ touches.

The four things offensively (leaving out defensive stuff) that lead us to playing successfully are 1. winning the contested football, 2. using the ball well 3. playing within the game structure 4. spreading well to receive the ball and open space for others. Just filling the side with accumulators who can do point 1 and point 4 wont improve us.

Oh and outside receivers who get 30 touches a game with 20 handball receives are high possession getters who don't "win their own ball". At the same time I wouldn't say no to 2 of them to play on each wing!

I'm a fan because he is an intelligent midfielder, and I like those.

We can't judge him on his first game this season. He clearly was a bit lost and struggled with the pace and game plan (who the f' isn't struggling with the game plan?!).

I hope he plays out the rest of the year, and we judge him on his progress, rather than one average display in his first game back from numerous injuries.

• Like 1

I'm a fan because he is an intelligent midfielder, and I like those.

We can't judge him on his first game this season. He clearly was a bit lost and struggled with the pace and game plan (who the f' isn't struggling with the game plan?!).

I hope he plays out the rest of the year, and we judge him on his progress, rather than one average display in his first game back from numerous injuries.

Yeah, he looked like he struggled with the new game plan workload.

Gys needs to stick a poster of Jobe Watson up on his bedroom wall. He was an unfit, lazy [censored] albeit smart footballer, with questionable disposal & was on the verge of being delisted. Hard work goes a long way.

Interesting comparison.

The way I see it is until he bulks up considerably and can run a game out it is hard for us to judge him, and only the football department can judge whether he is doing all he can to bulk up and get fit.

Nat Fyfe's comeback game after a shoulder anyone?

Jordy is nowhere near ready to play AFL football. I'm not talking body size or injuries either.

Gysberts will be another underachieving player on the long list of underachieving players we have.

All the sads here get their knickers in a knot because they fear the same.

Wake up, wake up. The bells are ringing.

Guest José Mourinho

Steve, you're such a defeatist and bitter little pill.

Why do you even bother supporting the club, when this is the best you can offer?

Taking delight in schadenfreude and self-flagellation is really quite sad.

• Like 2

Nat Fyfe's comeback game after a shoulder anyone?

Jordy is nowhere near ready to play AFL football. I'm not talking body size or injuries either.

Gysberts will be another underachieving player on the long list of underachieving players we have.

All the sads here get their knickers in a knot because they fear the same.

Wake up, wake up. The bells are ringing.

Fyfe is a freak, Gysberts is not.

Doesnt mean he cant be a great player for us. Not a Star of the comp like Fyfe is likley to be, but Gysberts will make it

Gysberts and Blease have both got some good attributes and did some nice things yesterday, Gysberts inside and Blease outside but neither is fit enough for AFL football. Dunno if they can get there but Neeld, Misson and Craig will. If they can they'll be handy.

The other 2 10-20 picks Tapscott and Strauss are safer bets to make it at MFC. I've had my doubts about Tapscott but he was good yesterday, Strauss needs to wind up to the confidence he established before his injury and he''l be a solid player.

• Like 3