Cynical?

Neeld wants to see him play as decisions need to be made.

I agree decisions need to be made but bringing underdone players in straight away to decide their fate shows how cut throat this industry is. The problem for us is WE SUCK! How good did Green look last week in the first half due to Clearances and quality forward 50 entries? Anyone who comes in from now on will have to be a game changing player in a dud side.

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

I agree decisions need to be made but bringing underdone players in straight away to decide their fate shows how cut throat this industry is. The problem for us is WE SUCK! How good did Green look last week in the first half due to Clearances and quality forward 50 entries? Anyone who comes in from now on will have to be a game changing player in a dud side.

Dont think he is looking for world beaters - he just needs to see if what he has got is worth persisting with.

• Like 1

Dont think he is looking for world beaters - he just needs to see if what he has got is worth persisting with.

If Neeld wants to have a look to see what he can develop with a improved FD then no problem. No doubt he has inherited a lot of crap (Thanks BP).

I'm not cynical-I'm just tired of being right all the time.

Was the first thing I thought when I saw the ins and outs on Twitter.

Of course, the do gooder gen Y types will look past the cynicism and play the race card.

No race card from this do gooder gen Y, I just don't understand the basis of this 'cynicism'. What reason are they picking him for if it's not to prove his worth to the coach? As I said - he's from WA so the "local" card is out, and he's not a household name nor is he a star of the game so I highly doubt the locals are going to flock to see him, so that's out too. What have I missed?

Gysberts is well under-done for a mid me thinks. And he couldn't really play anywhere else with his build.

Jetta can be played in more than one place and none of them would be in the midfield.

His less than ideal fitness would be less of an issue in a pocket at either end of the ground but his attack on the footy would be a huge advantage.

1. Jetta played a good game for Casey.

2. Jetta ran the game out well.

3. Jetta is from South W.A

4. Jetta fits into the game style that Neeld is trying to build.

5. It may be a bit premature to bring him back after one game back at Casey but what other cards do we hold? We don't exactly have a full house atm....

• Like 1

Was the first thing I thought when I saw the ins and outs on Twitter.

Of course, the do gooder gen Y types will look past the cynicism and play the race card.

The "race card" was pulled by the OP (and now by you) I, like Nasher, question the logic and thought process that took the OP from A to XenonB39.

If you start a thread that suggest someones race is why they were selected that to me is sloppy thinking, AFL players work hard and train hard to get to play the game at the level most people on this site only dream of. To then say that they get selected into a team because they are indigenous is ignorant and a little sad really and as I have previously stated sloppy logic.

I would have no issue if the OP had only said he got selected because of his, form, fitness or lack of discipline.

• Like 1

I don't see any reason for cynicism over the selection of Neville Jetta. He was named in Casey's best players last week while Jordan Gysberts was not. He is being rewarded for some good performances, mainly off half back, since his return from injury.

Gysberts is close as well but he's a bit younger than Nev and is being encouraged by the club to continue to work harder to get his game right. His opportunities will come before they year is out but I don't see the selection of one player who is quite different, having any bearing on his selection.

Actually I CAN understand the idea for it being a cynical event. I do suspect its more coincidental though. One can certainly be forgiven for the alluding to the notion though.

Lets just say it wont hurt the cause. Its a result of a proper selection but it does raise an eyebrow.

I have been dying to get Jetta back for ages .he has good skills ,is pretty quick ,fierce at it and tackles ,can kick a goal .Also I think he can be the crumber at the base of the pack that we so badly need .

I am generally cynical yes.Only through experience .

Does Jetta get a game this week if the game wasn't in Darwin?

Answer... "Yes", indeed you are being cynical, and unnecessarily so in my opinion.

Reason? Well, if you look at the pinned thread on last week's Casey game, you will see the following:

]Best

Casey Scorpions Spencer Salton Riseley Davis Jetta Moloney

Spencer is getting a game this week for obvious reasons, Moloney is not getting a game this week for equally obvious reasons (how many opportunities does he need?), Gysberts does not appear in that list of best players and is likely underdone as by all reports he was unable to play out the entire game well, so it is patently obvious that Jetta has earned a call up and has earned the right to prove his worth before the season is done with.

• Like 1

jetta will be sub so no reason why he cant have an impact.

Exactly what I was thinking, he'll be the sub, he has speed, good skills (something we lack badly), clearly made an impact on Neeld in the preseason and was in the best last week.

I reckon it's due more to Mark giving him a chance to show his abilities given he comes out of contract at the end of the year.

Can't a coach play a bloke to let him try and save his career?

FMD.

Not in Darwin if said player is aboriginal apparently ... however, not all is lost as it Is ok to allow players such as Dunn, Bate, Spencer etc to play for their careers in Melbourne.

Gysberts is well under-done for a mid me thinks. And he couldn't really play anywhere else with his build.

Jetta can be played in more than one place and none of them would be in the midfield.

His less than ideal fitness would be less of an issue in a pocket at either end of the ground but his attack on the footy would be a huge advantage.

Fantastic post mate! Every now and then (rarely) a smart comment bobs it's head up. I was all for Gysbters ahead of Nev because of the more games under is belt thing, but you're spot on here about the role Nev will play.

Conditions and match ups would definitely have been a factor.

Beamer & Bate would sweat 12kgs in that heat.

I've just flown back from a few days up there on business (unfortunately unable to stay for the weekend) and to be honest with you, the temp up there right not now is very mild and dry.

In fact the WCE game a Patersons was stinking compared to current temps in Darwin.

I think you'll find it won't be as taxing as you're alluding to.