The dream player for some posters on this board

Age 18

Drafted in top 3

200cm

Has the build of Adonis

Can run like the wind

Never misses a shot on goal

Can tackle like a human vice

Can play inside/outside/downside/upside/flipside midfield, forward, KPF, KPB, CHB, CHF, GCMG, OBE, AO et al

Never gets injured or out of form

In his first season wins Brownlow, Bluey, Norm Smith, Coleman, and Celebrity Deal or No Deal (Football Special)

Loves his Mum, his Staffy, his teammates, his coach, his manager and his accountant in that order, respects his girl/boy friend for the support she/he gives

If any of the current players on the MFC list are not like this they are open to

a.abuse

b. derision

c. delisting

d. being called a spud

e. being called a wasted draft pick

f. being blamed solely for the latest poor defeat

etc

etc

etc

has everybody got that now

Edited by satyricon
  • Like 3

The dream player for some posters on this board

Age 18

Drafted in top 3

200cm

Has the build of Adonis

Can run like the wind

Never misses a shot on goal

Can tackle like a human vice

Can play inside/outside/downside/upside/flipside midfield, forward, KPF, KPB, CHB, CHF, GCMG, OBE, AO et al

Never gets injured or out of form

In his first season wins Brownlow, Bluey, Norm Smith, Coleman, and Celebrity Deal or No Deal (Football Special)

Loves his Mum, his Staffy, his teammates, his coach, his manager and his accountant in that order, respects his girl/boy friend for the support she/he gives

If any of the current players on the MFC list are not like this they are open to

a.abuse

b. derision

c. delisting

d. being called a spud

e. being called a wasted draft pick

f. being blamed solely for the latest poor defeat

etc

etc

etc

has everybody got that now

What's Mitch Clark got to do with Jake Spencer?

• Like 6

I have no idea what "TL;DR." means. But I'm fascinated that with only four letters and two punctuation marks you still needed to edit what you wrote!

I forgot the semi-colon...

It was a reference to ht saying that we have no patience on these forums so I replied with "Too Long; Didn't Read."

It's a joke that works on many levels. Many levels!

I hope he gets picked again this week even if Jamar returns as Seller may be out, we are not going to be competing for the 8, we have carried so many players for a number of years now giving Spenc a few more games ain't going to kill us and hopefully he has plenty of "upside".

• Like 2

Loved Pencil's tackle on Nahas. From the stands it looked like he had swallowed him! He had a real crack yesterday and if he can improve his awareness on where to lead to and what time he will be good.

As is "dumb thread"

"dumb thread"= I have no comment to offer so better disagree with "dumb thread"

Hard track this was your opportunity.

Spencer while not setting the world on fire did look a much bigger and daunting figure yesterday than last week. He crashed a few packs and showed some semblance of a giving a contest. Enough for another week even if Jamar comes back in.

There you go Hardtrack...don't mind helping you out Matey.

Loved Pencil's tackle on Nahas. From the stands it looked like he had swallowed him! He had a real crack yesterday and if he can improve his awareness on where to lead to and what time he will be good.

Gidday Cowboy. IMO Spencer may make it. A week is a long time in Football. Admit was calling for his scalp last week. Crashed Packs, some huge tackles. Can he mark? If yes then we have found a goodun.

I hope he gets picked again this week even if Jamar returns as Seller may be out, we are not going to be competing for the 8, we have carried so many players for a number of years now giving Spenc a few more games ain't going to kill us and hopefully he has plenty of "upside".

If it comes down to choice between Sellar Dwellar or Spence....SPENCER!

Gidday Cowboy. IMO Spencer may make it. A week is a long time in Football. Admit was calling for his scalp last week. Crashed Packs, some huge tackles. Can he mark? If yes then we have found a goodun.

Since there was no chance of us winning yesterday I just watched what we were doing off the ball a bit more and Pencil just needs to learn when and where to lead to. J.Riv was helping him out as much as he could.I just love his efforts at the footy. At a one on one contest if he didn't get the ball he was intent to hurt the other bloke which Russian and Stef don't do. The pencil is an angry pencil.

• Like 2

If it comes down to choice between Sellar Dwellar or Spence....SPENCER!

I'd take Sellar down back and no ruck duties for him and drop dunn. Pencil in the ruck.

• Like 3

"dumb thread"= I have no comment to offer so better disagree with "dumb thread"

Hard track this was your opportunity.

Spencer while not setting the world on fire did look a much bigger and daunting figure yesterday than last week. He crashed a few packs and showed some semblance of a giving a contest. Enough for another week even if Jamar comes back in.

There you go Hardtrack...don't mind helping you out Matey.

I had forgotten all about that comment ... I'm a contrarian :-) Well, I had posted in this thread in support of Spencer, and am glad to say I have been somewhat vindicated by his performance yesterday. If he is given the opportunity and can continue to improve, he will leave a lot of people with egg on their faces. Here's hoping.

Happy to admit saw a bit in Spencer yesterday that I hadn't seen before. Still has a long way to go but he looks like the sort of bloke that will leave no stone unturned in getting the best out of himself. Hopefully he keeps improving.

• Like 1

My memory was more of him already being on the scene after winning a 1 on 1 against I.Maric rather than chasing him down per se. That was why it was so pleasing, because it was a second effort thing after a big first effort.

I remember seeing Spencer in a practice match at Princess Park about 3 years ago (against ???).

He looked to be very agressive then and he looked it yesterday. (quite un-Melbourne like I must say)!!!!!

And yesterday he seemed to improve considerably as the game went on. It was good to see.

But Husain Bolt he aint! ^_^