Scully Out for Another ... now ... back to Six Weeks

Allen Jakovich

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember you saying exactly this. Did you know something we all didnt "know" or was it because of the type of injury. Even the Club is saying that it is an uncommon injury.

It was a combination of the type of injury and my usual pessimism when looking at good demons struck down with injury.

Players like Jakovich, Jurrah, Aussie, Davey, Lyon, Sylvia, McLean, Morton, Schwartz, Tingay, Wight, G. Lovett, O'Dwyer, Charles, Bamblett, Prymke, Dean,etc all missed large amounts of games due to injury. Even new boy Tapscott missed most of last year.

I'd prefer Jordy back in the side before Scully anyway. He's a yard stick for us in the middle.

Wow, seriously. I know it's fun to root for the underdog who does a whole heap of the dirty stuff, doesn't look glamorous doing it, and is actually a really good player. But...Scully is significantly better and more important

Jordy is great don't get me wrong.

But have you seen the way our team simply stops running at some points in the game (as if it is all too difficult)....Scully doesn't do that.

Both are in the 22, but lets not start pretending Scully and Jordie are something they are not

I think that we have to accept that both Scully and Jordie will be as good as out for the year. They may both be back in the side, but due to their injuries and not being able to train, they will both be far from 100% for a big part of the season. They may be back in the side by mid season, but it will be a big ask to expect them to be a huge influence in games. May even be used as sub players later in the year.

We can only hope that the rest of the side stay fit, and maybe 1 or 2 of the younger brigade take the opportunity to shine.

I think that we have to accept that both Scully and Jordie will be as good as out for the year. They may both be back in the side, but due to their injuries and not being able to train, they will both be far from 100% for a big part of the season. They may be back in the side by mid season, but it will be a big ask to expect them to be a huge influence in games. May even be used as sub players later in the year.

We can only hope that the rest of the side stay fit, and maybe 1 or 2 of the younger brigade take the opportunity to shine.

A bit pessimistic to suggest they're as good as out for the year.

If Scully plays 11 games this season and McKenzie plays 16 games this year that is still a substantial amount of footy

Not happy about it but when I heard of the injury I posted that he could be out for at least half the season. Unfortunately it appears I may be correct.

Me too Redleg just last week I said forget him till July at the earliest.

I will say it again his injury is not one that comes good quickly.

I would not be surprised if he took no further part in 2011.

Feel for him.

His price at GWS may be dropping by the Day.

I reckon we might see a contract signed any week now!

Edited by old dee

His price at GWS may be dropping by the Day.

I reckon we might see a contract signed any week now!

Yeah, we might, he might realise that due to his injury that there is no contract at GWS anymore :P

Or that it has had a 0 knocked of the end of it :)

Yeah, we might, he might realise that due to his injury that there is no contract at GWS anymore :P

Or that it has had a 0 knocked of the end of it :)

I know if I was running GWS that I would be VERY anxious about the prospect of my marque player, and $1m+ p.a. signing has only played 1 year of footy and has spent his second year with an 'unusual' knee injury. Scully would probably spend year 1 at GWS developing with the rest of the team, he's hardly going to carry the team like Ablett was expected to.

I think this news SUCKS but it may work in our favour in keeping him. He will have a brilliant 12+ yr career, we really just needa lock him into a really long term contract assap

It's clear to me that Tom Scully's left patella has already signed with GWS.

The club is fighting a losing battle trying to secure the rest of him. Obviously Tom will follow his knee cap wherever it goes.

2011 is so dead to me.

On a serious note, I feel for poor Tom. Knee injuries are a motherf*ing piece of crap! :(

Edited by Jaded

Not happy about it but when I heard of the injury I posted that he could be out for at least half the season. Unfortunately it appears I may be correct.

Yeah , I got howled down by resident know all name dropper e25 and his sycophants for having no idea and wildly speculating . :rolleyes:

Edited by Fork 'em

Any chance that the club have told him to make decision about whether he wants to stay at Melbourne or go to GWS. Until he does he doesn't play.

That way the club can put games into other players and not him.

I hope it's not right and Tom gets back on thr park ASAP.

Heard about this a couple of weeks ago...probably not right - my take on it however is its probably really just a 3-4 week injury but

r6 - Perth

r7 MCG

r8 Etihad

r9 Etihad

Followed by 5 games at the 'G...I just think playing on the small ground is just too risky

i like your theory...im quite happy to run with this one and not the 'hes going to GWS' theory.

I notice that Pendlebury is on the cusp of signing with the Filth until 2014, according a quote from his manager Liam Pickering in today's Hun.

Says any concerns there may have been about what increases players might be receiving due to the collective bargaining agreement will be factored into his contract ... now.

Takes that off the table as a reason why Scully won't sign now for us then, doesn't it?

Edited by Range Rover

I notice that Pendlebury is on the cusp of signing with the Filth until 2014, according a quote from his manager Liam Pickering in today's Hun.

Says any concerns there may have been about what increases players might be receiving due to the collective bargaining agreement will be factored into his contract ... now.

Takes that off the table as a reason why Scully won't sign now for us then, doesn't it?

I don't think Pendles & Pickers had an agreement with their club to put off contract negotiations until the end of year, unlike Scully & his management.

That's still on the table as far as we know. Isn't it.