Scully Out for Another ... now ... back to Six Weeks

Allen Jakovich

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence - "he'll be out for 4 weeks", then:"sorry another 5 weeks".

No misinformation, GWS schemes, aliens, or secret season-ending injury.

Thanks for that Barry. Glad I continued to sift through the excrement in this thread to get some real facts.

Del Griffith in Planes, Trains and Automobiles ... Snap!

Neal: You know everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Woah." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

dFzvgrObUqvziaa6ts5gnZnVo1_400.gif

I heard Peter Larkins talking about the injury to MMM after Garry Lyon got a bit shirty for being fed misinformation by our club.

Fact was, the club didn't misinform Lyon. From Doc Larkin:

"Scully has bruising of the bone in the knee joint. At first they were worried it was a stress fracture. Scans showed it wasn't a stress fracture, but that the surface of the bone had oedema (swelling) - which is pretty much a bone's version of being bruised. Buoyed by this information, the club decided to play it safe and give him a month off, lest it actually become a stress fracture. Unfortunately, despite avoiding that situation, the actual pain returned almost immediately when he resumed training. More scans - still no stress fracture. Plan: wait for pain to disappear and then try training again".

Hence - "he'll be out for 4 weeks", then:"sorry another 5 weeks".

No misinformation, GWS schemes, aliens, or secret season-ending injury.

Just bad luck.

Until we hear otherwise - oh damn, now I'm doing it! ;)

Addend: Larkins also said the club was having trouble holding him back at training, which made the situation more difficult to manage.

At least we've learnt after the Garland debacle.

Good work there Barry the Cougar, see you in trident club over the coming weeks

Neal: You know everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Woah." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

dFzvgrObUqvziaa6ts5gnZnVo1_400.gif

john-candy.jpg

Those aren't pillows!

Edited by Range Rover

This sucks that Sculls is out for another 5 weeks. Love watching him in the Red and Blue.

Hoping some luck breaks for the kid and he can get back sooner rather than later. In the meantime we can enjoy some of the other kids racking up games.

Once again, my info from early in the season was minimum 10-12 weeks, it could well now be a lot more than that!

OMG - Cale Morton just tweeted that he is off to Sydney with Chip,Trenners, Jack Watts, good times grimes and SCULLY for a business trip.

I heard from the hostess serving drinks in economy, who told the ground crew, who told baggage handling that found my lost suitcase from 1974 that Chip having signed a four year deal is acting as the lawyer for the other 4. Chip is getting a spotters fee for doing a package deal. Scully to GWS next year, Trenners the year after and in 2014 Grimes and Watts in a straight swap for Josh Fraser solving our much vaunted second ruck problem.

Book mark it !

OMG - Cale Morton just tweeted that he is off to Sydney with Chip,Trenners, Jack Watts, good times grimes and SCULLY for a business trip.

I heard from the hostess serving drinks in economy, who told the ground crew, who told baggage handling that found my lost suitcase from 1974 that Chip having signed a four year deal is acting as the lawyer for the other 4. Chip is getting a spotters fee for doing a package deal. Scully to GWS next year, Trenners the year after and in 2014 Grimes and Watts in a straight swap for Josh Fraser solving our much vaunted second ruck problem.

Book mark it !

trying to be funny, but no

trying to be funny, but no

Seriously - Cale Morton did tweet that about them going up for a business trip. What business could these five possibly have in Sydney ? Until all five are signed on contracts for life ( and their offspring under the father/son/daughter rule) I am assuming they are gone.

Seriously - Cale Morton did tweet that about them going up for a business trip. What business could these five possibly have in Sydney ? Until all five are signed on contracts for life ( and their offspring under the father/son/daughter rule) I am assuming they are gone.

that's enough, Seinfeld

no man you just don't get it

the idea of scully leaving is so ridiculous that the correct way to discuss it is with absurd and unsuccessful attempts at humour

I thought the attempt was successful but thats another story.

I disagree with you - the idea of Scully leaving is NOT ridiculous.

The piecing together of threads of information and loads of disinformation and applying illogical and unfounded assumptions to the information/disinformation that cannot be reasonably be argued IS ridiculous.

On the basis of what we have been told by all parties and the set of circumstances at hand you can logically argue he may stay - you can even argue that you will dismiss all information at hand and what we have been told and suggest he may go. To state as Freak has done that he is categorically gone has no foundation in fact.

Hence my attempts at humor (still a bit miffed that you think them unscuccessful)

Thats what the tweet says. I will keep an eye open for them.

All I will say is that is very good news that they are travelling together.

Probably a sponsorship obligation.

I thought the attempt was successful but thats another story.

I disagree with you - the idea of Scully leaving is NOT ridiculous.

The piecing together of threads of information and loads of disinformation and applying illogical and unfounded assumptions to the information/disinformation that cannot be reasonably be argued IS ridiculous.

On the basis of what we have been told by all parties and the set of circumstances at hand you can logically argue he may stay - you can even argue that you will dismiss all information at hand and what we have been told and suggest he may go. To state as Freak has done that he is categorically gone has no foundation in fact.

Hence my attempts at humor (still a bit miffed that you think them unscuccessful)

but there ARE a lot of threads to this story and they SHOULD be looked at in conjuction

for one I am surprised that more people haven't noticed we have seen/heard very little from Scully himself in the last few weeks and what that might mean. It's like he's not on our list at all right now

Thats what the tweet says. I will keep an eye open for them.

All I will say is that is very good news that they are travelling together.

Probably a sponsorship obligation.

seriously?

that IS interesting.. that group of players is like someone has hand-picked our future top shelf excluding Jurrah and McKenzie, I wonder what that's all about

could it be something to do with this plan the club has to provide mentoring to the players?

well that's a good thing I guess from the scully POV

for one I am surprised that more people haven't noticed we have seen/heard very little from Scully himself in the last few weeks and what that might mean. It's like he's not on our list at all right now

It might mean he's a 19 year old footballer concentrating on his rehabilitation.

Now that you mention it, we haven't heard from Jack Trengove himself much in the last few weeks either. Uh-oh...

but there ARE a lot of threads to this story and they SHOULD be looked at in conjuction

Conjunction, conschmunction - there are threads and there are facts - Two facts only - he hasn't signed with us and it a fact that he says he hasn't signed with them. Everything else is speculation without foundation.

A question - Where do you want to see him and what on earth has he got to say ?

(We havent heard or seen McKenzie either)

Edited by nutbean

It might mean he's a 19 year old footballer concentrating on his rehabilitation.

Now that you mention it, we haven't heard from Jack Trengove himself much in the last few weeks either. Uh-oh...

(yes we have !.....)

Conjunction, conschmunction - there are threads and there are facts - Two facts only - he has signed with us and it a fact that he says he signed with them. Everything else is speculation without foundation.

A question - Where do you want to see him and what on earth has he got to say ?

(We havent heard or seen McKenzie either)

I would have thought that neither yourself or Nasher would really need it pointed out to you that Scully is the controversial figure at the moment, not Trenners or McKenzie

just seems to me that the club would be putting Scully in our faces a bit more if they were confident we are keeping him. I know if I was in Schwab or Bailey's position I would be looking to hose down some hysteria by showing the kid participating in the club in some way.

I would have thought that neither yourself or Nasher would really need it pointed out to you that Scully is the controversial figure at the moment, not Trenners or McKenzie

just seems to me that the club would be putting Scully in our faces a bit more if they were confident we are keeping him. I know if I was in Schwab or Bailey's position I would be looking to hose down some hysteria by showing the kid participating in the club in some way.

The club is taking a business as usual approach. Scully is in the "let out your demons 2" advert and he is on this "business trip" to Sydney. He is not the face of the Demons, he is not in the leadership group. He may be interviewed a little if he was playing but he ain't. The club by not pandering to hysteria is sending a message - "nothing to see here - move on".

The club is taking a business as usual approach. Scully is in the "let out your demons 2" advert and he is on this "business trip" to Sydney. He is not the face of the Demons, he is not in the leadership group. He may be interviewed a little if he was playing but he ain't. The club by not pandering to hysteria is sending a message - "nothing to see here - move on".

I think it's needless to say but I think you've nailed.