Gazza Junior putting us down

dee-luded

We can beat the Dees, says Ablett

PUTTING together four good quarters of football is all that stands between the Gold Coast Suns and its first win in the AFL this Sunday.

That is the mindset of Gold Coast Suns skipper Gary Ablett heading into this weekend's fixture against the Melbourne at the Gabba.

After playing two good sides in Carlton and the Western Bulldogs, this week's match looms as the club's best chance to date of breaking through for its first win.

The Suns showed against the Bulldogs on Saturday that they are capable of producing good patches of football.

Their AFL opener against Carlton was nothing short of a train wreck but their effort against the Bulldogs was much improved as they began to get their hands on the football.

But their good glimpses are still few and far between against more experienced sides.

Ablett is a confident of a win against the Demons but that came with a disclaimer.

Edited by dee-luded

We can beat the Dees, says Ablett

PUTTING together four good quarters of football is all that stands between the Gold Coast Suns and its first win in the AFL this Sunday.

That is the mindset of Gold Coast Suns skipper Gary Ablett heading into this weekend's fixture against the Melbourne at the Gabba.

After playing two good sides in Carlton and the Western Bulldogs, this week's match looms as the club's best chance to date of breaking through for its first win.

The Suns showed against the Bulldogs on Saturday that they are capable of producing good patches of football.

Their AFL opener against Carlton was nothing short of a train wreck but their effort against the Bulldogs was much improved as they began to get their hands on the football.

But their good glimpses are still few and far between against more experienced sides.

Ablett is a confident of a win against the Demons but that came with a disclaimer.

A fair assessment.

theres no doubt we are their easiest game so far...

If beamer gets suspended its basically kids v kids. I'd really hope that we win though, but if Ablett didnt talk up their chances then he wouldnt be doing his job

this is surprising, I would have though Ablett would be totally honest and just say they are going to get smashed again because they are nothing but a souless franchise of mercanaries and kids playing in a location where the sport is irrelevant

but would you look at that, he is saying they might beat us

Of course Gazza would say something like that, He's captain of a struggling team. It'll be a tough week for the boys and their personality's and the way they handle this week will be a great learning opportunity, then go to the Gold Coast and show those 18yr olds how to play footy!

If we don't play 4 good quarters of footy they can beat us. The first 3 games has shown we still have a big gap between our good and bad. Look at yesterday we had a quarter and a half of good footy and the rest was bad. If we can't sustain our good footy for longer periods of time we wil get beaten by most clubs, including the Gold Coast.

this is surprising, I would have though Ablett would be totally honest and just say they are going to get smashed again because they are nothing but a souless franchise of mercanaries and kids playing in a location where the sport is irrelevant

but would you look at that, he is saying they might beat us

he really is dreaming, without brown they have no chance what so every,Sunday win was ugly,but it is was what we needed,last year our first win was similar to this years first win,last year we where behind Adelaide by the same margin and won the game in the second half, then after that our next two wins where very good. is the GC a better side then Sydney i think not, are they a better side then the lions, i think not. With brown out they have no chance, they need everyone of there stolen players to play in any game they play, I don't know if Fraser is out again this week, if so that is two of there best player out,and lets face it besides,brown and abblett the rest of there stolen player are weak as [censored],hardbrow kracker,they are not really hard are they. But this go to show how much abblett disrespect the Dee's,but he needs to be reminded that he is not playing with 150 200 game player now, i think he has the same mind set as when he is playing with geelong, when playing the Dee's. it is not reaally kids playing v kids because our kids have had two and three preseason compared to half a season,as most of the suns player have had. I think jurrah is going to have a field day they have no one to match up on him,with brown out.

There is not one quote from Ablett in that article that remotely alludes to the fact that he said he is confident that can beat us.

I expect him to say exactly what was printed being captain of the Suns however.

Rubbish article.

If we don't play 4 good quarters of footy they can beat us. The first 3 games has shown we still have a big gap between our good and bad. Look at yesterday we had a quarter and a half of good footy and the rest was bad. If we can't sustain our good footy for longer periods of time we wil get beaten by most clubs, including the Gold Coast.

Mate, if we don't play 4 minutes they can't beat us. There is daylight between them and the AFL.

nevermind we totally owned potential GF side for a quarter and destroyed Brissy over a half, if we are the ones who can manage to pull 4 quarters togethers it will be a 3-digit margin. Can't see them getting a 5-goal headtsart like the Lions

What is he supposed to say?

'Yeah, nah, we're taking it one week at a time and all the boys are really confident of...wait, who am I kidding; both you and your readers know that we can't win'.

Thought the same.

A bit of media fluff.

However on form to date....we should be an easier opponent than Carlton or Bulldogs.

Mate, if we don't play 4 minutes they can't beat us. There is daylight between them and the AFL.

If we serve up what we did yesterday they have every chance of beating us. For most of the game we looked lazy, we gave the opposition no respect. If we can play like we did in the second and third quarters we win easy, if we play like the first and last they will beat us. This is an issue our good is good but our bad is still extremely bad the gap between the two hasn't narrowed, in fact got further apart because our good has improved.

He's not saying anything the rest of as aren't thinking. We're playing pretty badly right now, we went into the Brisbane match with a crap attitude and almost got rolled, and the Suns have a core of experienced players who have all given us a hard time in the past. We need to go in a lot harder next week to be sure of a win.

I just want to see the team put their head over the ball and show some endeavour and desire for the contest for 4 full quarters. The flakey attitude we have shown all year so far bothers me more than the results.

If our effort for a full game is at the right levels, we will beat plenty of sides and smash the GCS. Haven't seen much more than flashes so far though.

Guest DeesPower

Well al I can seay is "derr". What do you expect him to say. Of course he will say they can best us. Welcome to the real world!!!

For the record, the first time Melbourne played Brisbane at Carrara, Brisbane won.

Round 5 1987. Brisbane 86 -v- Melbourne 81.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/1987/021119870426.html

As I said the other day before the Brisbane match, Melbourne have an unparalleled ability to lose these games. Don't get ahead of yourselves.