Gazza Junior putting us down

dee-luded

I heard Mark Jamar on the Radio this morning, i liked what he said, which was along the lines of If we can just play 4 quarters of Footy he truly believes the team can beat anyone.

Jim Stynes spoke to the team before they went out last sunday, It is now up to the players to perform together. I believe they are feeling the Expectation Pressure, that is now on them.

If they can just back themselves and let go that "Ball & Chain" they could kick a really big score.

It's up to the players this week...Do it for Aussie...The Articles about him in both papers today were fantastic.

If Wonna & L.J. play in september together LOOK OUT!!!!

I saw this.

Honestly the more I think about this game the more it worries me.

While I KNOW that we have at LEAST an extra year in many cases on all the GC kids, at the same time I have to wonder.

The GC and Melbourne do have the seniors-showing-the-way and the huge number of kids in common. I'm thankful though that in many respects the Melbourne players have at least a year on a lot of the kids. That raw talent is there, but the bulk is not for them. Neither is the team cohesion...yet. But with the form the Dees are in we're still at risk. Yes, we won. But it wasn't a great win in any aspect.

We should win, but it'll be a very interesting game. The second round later in the season is more likely to be the risk though.

lol...its a fluff piece for the chior. Written about a GC team for GC consumption. What else do you expect them to say after two hidings ?? its a bit of a rev up for their own supporters. Thats all...

Dont be gullible enough to bite !!

I still have nightmares over that Sydney game. You know the one, swans have losts 26 in a row play Melbourne and pump us.

Round 13 1993.

Two weeks before we beat Collingwood by 51 points. The next week we beat eventual premier Essendon by 34 points.

The week after the Swans we beat St Kilda by 46 points. The following week we beat Geelong by 14.

And yet, right in the middle of that run we lose to a side that wins one match for the year and haven't won a match for ages.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/1993/111619930627.html

Richard Osborne kicks 10, Swans kick a lazy 10 in the 3rd quarter, we are filth.

Damn im worried about this game. We are in shocking form. We travel poorly. Plus we are mentally weak. Lets hope they are more concerned on winning than concerned about being the first team to lose to them.

This is my biggest concern about the club. They do seem to lack confidence and a mental toughness at times. They seem to let their thinking affect them too much. I hope to god we do not lose to GC Sunday, but we need to be prepared for a tough game. GC will no doubt see us a their potential first win.

We can beat the Dees, says Ablett

PUTTING together four good quarters of football is all that stands between the Gold Coast Suns and its first win in the AFL this Sunday.

That is the mindset of Gold Coast Suns skipper Gary Ablett heading into this weekend's fixture against the Melbourne at the Gabba.

Ablett is a confident of a win against the Demons but that came with a disclaimer.

As they say in the classics

"he would say that, wouldn't he"

My son reckons Jurrah might be good for 10 this week!

As they say in the classics

"he would say that, wouldn't he"

My son reckons Jurrah might be good for 10 this week!

Been trying to find the stats on gold coast midfield, Ablett and Ristcheli are their main movers. If we can win that areas, we should be able to score more heavily. Love to see Grimes play onball.

I wouldn't mind going the same Route Carlton went, big down forward. Surely petterd will get a game in his home town. Wona will be better for the run.

I reckon our defense will have a field day however. If Rivers can continue on from his last match and Frawley will improve.

Been trying to find the stats on gold coast midfield, Ablett and Ristcheli are their main movers. If we can win that areas, we should be able to score more heavily. Love to see Grimes play onball.

I wouldn't mind going the same Route Carlton went, big down forward. Surely petterd will get a game in his home town. Wona will be better for the run.

I reckon our defense will have a field day however. If Rivers can continue on from his last match and Frawley will improve.

They destroyed the Doggies in the clearances on Saturday but didn't really compete any where else on the ground.

They'll easily match it with our midfield once the ball hits the ground, but Jamar and the Experience will dominate in the air.

Brown is a huge out. -1 mature body for the Suns will hurt them big time.

Can't see them getting close, we're not Melbourne of the 90's anymore.

Melbourne by 50.

Edited by BattlerBailey

I'd hope for a solid start and a comfortable afternoon watching in front of the TV. But that sick feeling will inevitably rear it's head.

Brisbane's forward line was garbage or they would've won last week and I can't imagine GC conjuring up many more opportunities than the Lions did. I'd expect us to score more frequently with it in our forward line often enough and if Jurrah has Karmichael on him, all the better.

Who cares what an Ablett thinks anyway.

Revealing that Garry Lyon on Footy Classified talked about Melbourne's propensity to drop these games and also mentioned the Sydney 1993 match.

Only a few years ago under daniher we got rolled by bottom side Carlton at the dome while eyeing off a top 4 spot .

Our season quickly went downhill from there .

. I believe they are feeling the Expectation Pressure, that is now on them.

Yep - it was all so much easier when no-one expected us to win.

Building a winning team is one thing. Building a winning culture is going to take time.

Yep - it was all so much easier when no-one expected us to win.

Building a winning team is one thing. Building a winning culture is going to take time.

At least we are not on Prime Time TV yet, that is going to hurt the Tigers i believe.

If the players believe in their own ability we will start to win regularly, it is not far away.