Welcome to Demonland ... CAMERON JOHNSTON

Whispering_Jack

Cameron Johnston

Height: 181cm

Weight: 78kg

DOB: 24/02/92

Club: Geelong Falcons (Vic)

Kevin Sheehan says: Quick and versatile player who can play a hit-up forward role or go down back. Very athletic type overall and a long kick.

In his own words

What type of player are you?

I consider myself to be a fast-running half-forward/midfielder who can kick goals. I can also play in the backline to rebound the ball either by foot or by carrying and drawing with speed. I run, carry and break lines.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?

A few players - Ryan O’Keefe, Andrew McLeod and Brett Ebert. I can play a running half-back like McLeod, as a midfield/half-forward like O’Keefe, or be a hit-up target like Ebert.

What are your strengths as a footballer?

My running ability, both pace and long distance, and long kicking. I can run a 2.8 in a 20m sprint and continuously drop punt a ball 60m. My main strength is that I can play in a number of positions.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?

My game knowledge and set up. I'm also always working on my skills on both sides to be the best player I can possibly be.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?

Geelong - we live in Geelong and my whole family supports them. My favourite player when I was growing up was Garry Hocking.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?

My St Joseph's senior coach, Mark Havey. He has helped me in all areas of my game and has given me the opportunity to play key roles at senior level at a young age.

Looking forward to seeing this kid at Casey next year. Has an absolute weapon of a boot, roosts it 60 effortlessly. We haven't had anyone else on the list capable of that, except maybe Dunn, since the departure of Wheatley.

Looking forward to seeing this kid at Casey next year. Has an absolute weapon of a boot, roosts it 60 effortlessly. We haven't had anyone else on the list capable of that, except maybe Dunn, since the departure of Wheatley.

Is that from a wind up set shot or can he do that on the run? I ask because with Dunn I associate him with winding up from a flank with a bit of time up his sleeve but a player who can burst from opponents and drive it 60m on the run is a different kettle of fish and a player we could really do with.

From the vid footage he just does it with nonchalant ease !! Almost looks like hes pulling his kicks and they STILL go a mile. demon_blink.gif

Moloney says hi....

Redheaded Cameron Johnston 181cm 78kg - a versatile player with no weaknesses to his game. A medium sized forward with the ability to play up the ground. Runs long and hard, with a booming and accurate kick.

I love these player descriptions.

No weaknesses? This kid must be the greatest player of all time!

Also, good to see that our quota of three or four red heads has been maintained.

Also, good to see that our quota of three or four red heads has been maintained.

Read: jack-of-all-trades

Sometimes I just feel like a feed of meat and potatoes.

The kid has grown up near me. Have asked a few in the know. I am told he is a big kick (well documented), has strong hands but also has excellent balance and is strong through the hips and hard to tackle. I am told this is his strength.

Everyone has weaknesses- but this guy is one of the most dedicated young men going around-if one can get up at 4am -leave Geelong daily to get to training then he deserves the greatest chance of all to reach his dream of playing AFL ffotball.Attitude is a very important ingredient.Likewise Tom McDonald who also use to get up and travel hours to go to training,from Edenhope to Ballarat. If we can have this highly inspirational attitude collectively in our playing group we will go far- to the TOP.

Our FD has some deep love for the Brotherhood of Gingers.

Nice to have another Blood nut on the team. If he doesn't have any weaknesses that means he can developed into a player with many strengths. Nice canvas to work from when you don't have to concentrate on training aspects out of his game, just refining what he already does well.

• 6 years later...

Does anyone remember a rookie called Cameron Johnston? Just became a punter in the NFL, me, nor my small group of MFC supporters have any recollection of him at all.