• Latest Podcast: Hawthorn

bush demon

Max Gawn not in Top 8 Ruckmen according to The Age

6 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Maybe a misprint by The Age?

Well he’s admitted his mistake, I guess that’s better than some of his colleagues. But really, c’mon mate. Proof read your story and get a second pair of eyes over it. 

ummm....when you have equal firsts, you don't have a second.....you have a third 

still waiting to see if he got 382  / 25  worked out yet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What an absolute piece of Junk. It really makes me angry when [censored] like this get to publish this rubbish. 

Big Max is killing them this year

glad i have retired from the media if this is now the standards for publication. 

Well thank [censored] for that, the world isn’t quite as nuts as I thought. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pates said:

Well he’s admitted his mistake, I guess that’s better than some of his colleagues. But really, c’mon mate. Proof read your story and get a second pair of eyes over it. 

Proof reading doesn’t exist anymore mate. 

Cut backs so the management and share holders get their dividends

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

ummm....when you have equal firsts, you don't have a second.....you have a third 

still waiting to see if he got 382 / 25 worked out yet

Maybe he’s telling porkies, there’s a clear 3 under the 2 next to Grundy.

Nic Nat was clearly a 2 before a 3.

Edited by Demon77

Posted (edited)

Max now has a weekly column for the competition to the Fairfax rag?  That may explain his omission. His 2016 form from a limited sample from afar at the 'G'  v woods and tigers Anzac Eve in succeeding  weeks. Gawn absolutely monstered the opposing rucks and dominated the midfieldbattle like a colossus. Best individual ruck performance I can recall from an AFL ruckman. May his star status be re-ascendant 2018.

Edited by Tarax Club
grammatical omission

26 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Does he proofread ?

Very poorly

Posted (edited)

Moments before submitting the article. “Sorta feels like the article is missing something...hmmm...nope there’s Kreuzer, it’s not him. There’s Grundy and Martin as well. Hang on a minute...what is 382 divided by 25?” 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Ah a back of the envelope job but what is the bit about the crows salaries? Nothing to see here.

Wouldn't worry about this, just show the Article to Gawn he fix it on Sunday afternoon.

• Like 3

Used to be a good, accurate and unbiased  paper once.

Very sad demise

• Like 1

What a load of dribble.

Now that Maxys beard is at full length again he is back to full power and one of the best going around. 

Just watch the norf game and fast fwd the bits where the umps st3ewed him over.

Ben has assured me that his next article, 'AFL's best forwards' will not name Buddy Franklin in any capacity. It will be followed by 'Best Stadiums' in which Blundstone Arena gets the top gong ahead of Carrara Stadium.

• Haha 1

The article on the Age website has been amended to say ...

"By my reckoning, there are currently nine A-grade ruckmen in the competition – Paddy Ryder (reigning All-Australian), Brodie Grundy (coming quickly), Nic Naitanui, Stefan Martin, Aaron Sandilands, Sam Jacobs, Matthew Kreuzer, Max Gawn and Ben McEvoy. "

9 hours ago, bush demon said:

Ha ha, so Max Gawn not in the top 8 ruckmen in AFL. Now you have got that published why not move onto other sports and see what other insights you can share.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tap-and-go-nic-nat-proves-the-afl-ruckman-is-relevant-again-20180411-p4z922.html

Re-read the article.  Its not overly analytical  and doesnt' rate the ruckmen.  Discusses a few but very superficially and lists the best 9

Which includes Max.

Year 10 English Comprehension needed for this post. IMO

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Made me laugh, bit like Chris Judd claiming Kreuzer is the third best ruckman in the league...

Kreuzer is the 3rd best ruckman in the league. He was the dominant ruckman of 2017. He has two bad games due to injury and limited prep and all the sudden Judd is out of line for calling him a top 3 ruck man. Matthew Kreuzer is no joke as a ruckman.

Edited by KingDingAling

1 hour ago, Demon17 said:

Re-read the article.  Its not overly analytical  and doesnt' rate the ruckmen.  Discusses a few but very superficially and lists the best 9

Which includes Max.

Year 10 English Comprehension needed for this post. IMO

The author edited his original article after it was brought to his attention that Gawn was left out. 

3 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

Kreuzer is the 3rd best ruckman in the league. He was the dominant ruckman of 2017. He has two bad games due to injury and limited prep and all the sudden Judd is out of line for calling him a top 3 ruck man. Matthew Kreuzer is no joke as a ruckman.

Don’t consider Kreuzer to be a joke, but I would not have him in the top 7