Jump to content

Deemented Are Go!

Hibbo and Nev Selected For International Rules

Recommended Posts

In a vain attempt to stall the descent into madness speculating about a certain players' future, how's about Hibbo getting a gig with the round ballers? 

http://m.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-10-12/hibberd-named-in-international-rules-squad

Have fun, Hibbo, just don't get hurt, eh? 

Edited by Grapeviney
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty impressive team. Gotta laugh that the only time we get to see the best footy players in the country play in the same game, they are playing a completely different sport.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

Pretty impressive team. Gotta laugh that the only time we get to see the best footy players in the country play in the same game, they are playing a completely different sport.

And completely meaningless. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to Hibbo but this series is a complete waste of time, why do we continue this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Have fun, Hibbo, just don't get hurt, eh? 

I note the six-day break between games including a trip to Perth . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just when we get a good player he's gunna be ruined by 2 Scotts 'n a Lyon !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Forest Demon said:

Pretty impressive team. Gotta laugh that the only time we get to see the best footy players in the country play in the same game, they are playing a completely different sport.

Keep fit Hibbo do alot of running.   However keep away from the contacts we don't need you hurt. Need you fit for the 2018 season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2017 at 10:21 AM, america de cali said:

And completely meaningless. 

100% correct.

I simply do not understand what this hybrid game is meant to achieve.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, old dee said:

100% correct.

I simply do not understand what this hybrid game is meant to achieve.

 

I suspect it's all about raising the profile of AFL with the Irish lads, with the hope of getting more of them to cross over to Aussie rules.

A "meet and greet" so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, faultydet said:

I suspect it's all about raising the profile of AFL with the Irish lads, with the hope of getting more of them to cross over to Aussie rules.

A "meet and greet" so to speak.

Well it is massive fail because there has not been one recruited for some time.

I suspect it is just another AFL old boys club rout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell them he's unavailable, now that Watts is gone, he's the only player on our list that can kick properly, can't have him getting injured.

Edited by TheoX
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2017 at 7:48 AM, Diamond said:

Just another oppo to get injured. Great!

I hear it is safer than playing frisby with your dog in your spare time. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Norm Smith,

Please stay the hell away Hibbo during this ridiculous game.

Sincerely,

Demonland

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumbest idea ever, from the Royal Family of dumb ideas.

Scrap it because its dumb.

You dont see Basketballers playing a Hybrid netball game.

You dont see Baseballers playing a Hybrid Cricket game.

This game is a farce and nobody cares about it, unless one of their teams players gets injured.

End it and concentrate on important stuff like making pies cheaper. 

Stupid, meaningless game.

Dumb.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ding said:

Dumbest idea ever, from the Royal Family of dumb ideas.

Scrap it because its dumb.

You dont see Basketballers playing a Hybrid netball game.

You dont see Baseballers playing a Hybrid Cricket game.

This game is a farce and nobody cares about it, unless one of their teams players gets injured.

End it and concentrate on important stuff like making pies cheaper. 

Stupid, meaningless game.

Dumb.

 

Australia. Making Irish sport relevant since 1984.

And Who the phcuk is Cormac McAnellan, and why is a pointless trophy named after him?

Give the bastards an oval ball, and see how they handle that.

Ireland, yibada pataytoes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, faultydet said:

Australia. Making Irish sport relevant since 1984.

And Who the phcuk is Cormac McAnellan, and why is a pointless trophy named after him?

Give the bastards an oval ball, and see how they handle that.

Ireland, yibada pataytoes

Spot on fd.

my only interest is In Hibberd not getting injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/10/2017 at 6:19 PM, faultydet said:

I suspect it's all about raising the profile of AFL with the Irish lads, with the hope of getting more of them to cross over to Aussie rules.

A "meet and greet" so to speak.

Meet, greet, and punch in the head, more like. For some of our boys it seems like a good chance to get on the p!ss and play the sort of footy you'd get in the Reservoir seconds.

If anyone knows whose brain fart this originally was, I''d be interested to hear it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Uncle Fester said:

Meet, greet, and punch in the head, more like. For some of our boys it seems like a good chance to get on the p!ss and play the sort of footy you'd get in the Reservoir seconds.

If anyone knows whose brain fart this originally was, I''d be interested to hear it. 

Why torture  yourself any further UF?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the angst about the potential for players to get injured, but why all the hate for the game?

The international rules series is based on Gaelic football, but with slightly modified rules, which is bloody good game. I'm not Irish but was fortunate to see my first gaelic football match at Croke Park in Dublin earlier this year and it's definitely one of my most memorable sporting experiences.

It's not quite as nuts as hurling but I reckon it's a great game and will definitely try and watch it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many players have been seriously injured in the IR before? The mode of play means the contact aspect is nowhere near  as heavy or frequent as in our game. It's the most spurious argument against the IR I reckon. Players are far more likely to get injured in pre-season training.

I've no interest in the IR but I think for the players it's definitely something they should do when given the chance. It's not their sport of choice, but it's probably the only way they'll get to represent Australia on a sporting stage in their career. Congratulations and good luck to them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

This is a great reward for both players, but I really hope they don't get hurt. 

Correct but now my worry level has doubled. 

We are talking about half of the better part of our back line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×