GAMEDAY: Rd 17 vs West Coast

It’s game day and the Demons return to Melbourne to play the Eagles at the MCG for the first time in over a decade. A win keeps the Dees finals hopes alive whereas a loss will almost certainly slam the finals window shut.

GameDayRd172024.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Kind of hope we win by 1 point just so our percentage will be exactly 100.0

(on a serious note, hoping for a solid 4 quarter performance, apply scoreboard pressure during the second half, build on the gains of last week and take advantage of the reported upheaval at West Coast) 

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 1

Alarm is set for game time - 5:10 am. Hard to believe it's predicted to be 34 degrees.

Sorry, there I am braggin' again. That''s Sorrento 🇮🇹 time and temp.

BTW didn't see Max and Goodie at the bar of the Conti. Didn't see the Conti.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

ready for the harley show 2.0

You reckon we're his bunny?

• Thinking 1

We need a 10 goal win to get in the 8

Come on Dees Make a statement and go on from here

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

It’s game day baby. Pumped!

If we bring it, we win it. So [censored] bring it boys.

Go Dees!

SN34 

• Like 3

Feel like it’s been eternity since last Friday night and I can’t wait to see if we bring that same level of intensity. If we do, I expect the Eagles to fold quickly and we should win by 8+ goals.

Waterman to be a late out too I’m predicting.

• Like 4

Good morning to Dlanders all over this great country of Ours.

Hopefully time for a little payback( and then some).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, M_9 said:

You reckon we're his bunny?

Were last time...  

Well, rug up folks... i will be

Just want a fluid game that reminds me of cohesion . Bring our best ...that's all

If Lions get home we're still in the basement.

Let's get a 'game' happening.  Let's build .

Go get'em Milky. Welcone back.

Some semblance of footy nouse back in the lineup with the 2 Jakes ;) 

Go Dees

FOUR quarters !!!

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Pies Dogs and Suns done us a favour by losing, we just have to secure a win today to revive the season….I think we will get it done by about 25 points

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙
GAMEDAY!!!!

❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙

We’re a different side today than what we were last time we met them. Not so much in terms of personnel but definitely regarding belief and confidence. We’ve got it in spades!

Us by a BBB, a Gussy and a Leb (66 pts)

YEAH THE MIGHTY DEES!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sisso said:

Pies Dogs and Suns done us a favour by losing, we just have to secure a win today to revive the season….I think we will get it done by about 25 points

Us by a Tmac? I reckon we’ll go for two Tmacs.. a nice round figure of 50. 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

ready for the harley show 2.0

No double-dont-argues off Trac and Clarry this week, kiddo.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

Win at least 6 out of the next 8. Then the next 3. 
like 87. Only better.  Go Dee’s 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Us by a Tmac? I reckon we’ll go for two Tmacs.. a nice round figure of 50. 😁

I’d take that would be nice to have a relaxing day at the footy, the old heart isn’t the best and those nailbiters probably subtract a week from my life every time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

GAMEDAY: Rd 19 vs Fremantle

It's Game Day and the Demons have a golden opportunity to stamp their 2024 finals credentials as well as make amends for their disastrous first meeting against the Dockers earlier in the season when they take on Fremantle at Optus Stadium.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 9

THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

DEMONLAND - Good evening, Demon fans and welcome back to the Demonland 2024 Grand Final Podcast ... before we took that last phone call from a Demonlander, we were discussing how the club overcame it’s midseason slump, the season-ending injury to Christian Petracca and the loss for a brief period of skipper Max Gawn due to a  crack to the base of his right fibula, to slowly surge up the ladder turning our detractors into believers and how it ended the year triumphant in the finals with our capta

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 6

EARLY BIRDS by KC from Casey

Wet, slippery conditions and threatening rainfalls greeted the VFL Bombers at the end of their long journey southeast of the big city on Sunday. The threatening weather combined with the fact that neither side had realistic prospects of advancing to action in September, meant that spectators gathered at a cold Casey Fields weren’t expecting a classic exhibition of football. Nor did they get one. Instead they were presented with a dour struggle that never reached great heights. It was a

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

HEAVENS ABOVE by Molly Melbourne

Who said the football gods and scoreboard attendants at the MCG don’t have a sense of humour? The gods spent a whole week teasing Demon and Bomber fans alike about Saturday night’s game. About how the entire match would be dominated by the hulking, brooding figures of 205cm Sam Draper and his 2IC Peter Wright lapping it up in the absence of Melbourne skipper and the club's No.1, No 2, No 3 and No 4 ruckman Max Gawn in the wake of that ankle injury. They painted pictures of Simon Goodwin ne

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 8

PREGAME: Rd 19 vs Fremantle

The Dees head on the road for the sixth time this season to play for the second time on the holy site of their drought breaking Premiership glory as they take on the Dockers. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 301

PODCAST: Rd 18 vs Essendon

The Demonland Podcast will not be LIVE again this week. Binman will do his regular stats files segment for the game against the Bombers and will also preview the upcoming match against the Dockers. He will not be taking any questions. I will post the show here once I receive Binman's stats files. You can also find it wherever you get your podcasts from. We will return in our regular format once I return after the Dockers match.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 32

VOTES: Rd 18 vs Essendon

The injured Max Gawn has a considerable lead over the injured reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jack Viney & Alex Neal-Bullen make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Kangaroos. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 55

POSTGAME: Rd 18 vs Essendon

For 3 quarters the Demons ground out a lead against the Bombers in tough wet conditions at the MCG before putting foot down early in the last quarter eventually winning by 17 points and putting them firmly back in the hunt for September action.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 624

GAMEDAY: Rd 18 vs Essendon

It’s game day and the Demons face a massive test which may determine whether they have what it takes to play finals this season. The task has been made all the more difficult without their Premiership Captain Max Gawn.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 610
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!