Trade Targets 2025

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Rory Lobb is an expensive cultural cancer and a potato.

No

I tend to ignore certain parts of AFL footy not associated to my team, what are the cultural elements for Lobb?

I'm still not against Lobb if the Dogs are fitting some of the bill.

Assume we're next year we're down

• Tomlinson,
  • JSmith,
  • J Schache,
  • Ben Brown
  • TMac?
  • I'm not sure how long Fullarton is signed for either
  • Petty long term ?

it's not the worst addition for depth/occasional game - relieves some pressure on Jeffo/Verral/Adams/Turner etc,  Sounds like Lobb wants a regular spot so we may not have that on the table for him either way. 

Also mindful that we need to be drafting some gun mids.

I know we're linked with Josh Battle but so are Hawks and Collingwood and not sure how we'd go there. Was reading on FoxFooty that the compensation band for him may end up Tier 1 as well giving Saints Picks 4 & 5 (at present) - Not a bad result for them I guess. 

3 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Please no Rory Lobb...

Isn't there anyone else we can bring as a second ruck? Ideally Kalany White will be with us at the end of next year.

Yeah Grundy

45 minutes ago, roy11 said:

I tend to ignore certain parts of AFL footy not associated to my team, what are the cultural elements for Lobb?

Go look at some of the rubbish he and his partner put on social media. He is the most self absorbed, delusional player.

Also commonly known that teammates dislike him and he cracks the sads whenever things aren't going his way. This will be his 4th club for a reason.

Absolutely not worth it considering he's also a very ordinary footballer. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Go look at some of the rubbish he and his partner put on social media. He is the most self absorbed, delusional player.

Also commonly known that teammates dislike him and he cracks the sads whenever things aren't going his way. This will be his 4th club for a reason.

Absolutely not worth it considering he's also a very ordinary footballer. 

Fair enough, i dont know all the behavioral ins and outs - just looking at a football and list POV. I know he's not elite but still think there are some benefits given our list want/needs - especially if its a salary dump from the Dogs etc.  Worst case its 2 years at Casey doing a Schache.

Hibberd, Melksham, Langdon. All of these were great trades that happened before the flag. Good players with no history of behavioural issues. All contributed to winning in 2021 or getting close the following years.

Hunter, Schache, Billings. All three were either average players or had behavioural issues. None got us closer to a flag.

Lobb would be firmly in group with Hunter, Schache, Billings. 

We've got Fullarton and Verrall, it makes more sense to keep developing there.

Edited by seventyfour
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

I’m still casting an eye over team lists. 

Angus Sheldrick from the Swans in the one.  A few injuries has again stalled his season. But in his games last year at the Swans, he showed his high quality.  Only 21/22yo and has excellent skills and competitive nature on the contest.  Hard to shake loose from the swans but a good contract deal might help.  Even if it’s not this year, make sure his manager knows we’re interested in a good start.  

• Like 1

Someone suggested Jack Silvagni earlier in the thread. I don’t mind it. He will be very restricted for game time next year competing with Pittonet and De Koning for ruck and their forward line is well stacked with talent. Just off an ACL, there was lots of speculations before he signed 2 year contact last year that he might leave. 
Would be able to give Max a chop out and allow JVR to stay forward. 
Wouldn't think he would cost much either. 

Deven Robertson at Brisbane can't crack it for a senior game. He was highly rated by the MFC in his draft year (we would have taken him before Rivers) and was part of the Lions' grand final side in 2023. Would certainly add to our midfield mix.  
https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-star-deven-robertson-one-to-watch-in-this-years-afl-trade-period-c-15238252

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colm said:

Someone suggested Jack Silvagni earlier in the thread. I don’t mind it. He will be very restricted for game time next year competing with Pittonet and De Koning for ruck and their forward line is well stacked with talent. Just off an ACL, there was lots of speculations before he signed 2 year contact last year that he might leave. 
Would be able to give Max a chop out and allow JVR to stay forward. 
Wouldn't think he would cost much either. 

I’d be throwing the kitchen sink at TDK rather than the hack Silvagni 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roger Mellie said:

Pass on Silvagni (slow as a wet week), Lobb (see Jaded's post)

Finn Callaghan - yes please! Pretty please!

Just signed a new deal, he's the future of GWS. Highly, highly doubt they'd let him go, nor that he'd want to go, nor that we'd have the picks that would get it done

19 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Just signed a new deal, he's the future of GWS. Highly, highly doubt they'd let him go, nor that he'd want to go, nor that we'd have the picks that would get it done

Think he has one more year in contract and is best mates with Blake Howes.

Just saying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Think he has one more year in contract and is best mates with Blake Howes.

Just saying.

Until the end of 2025.

This would be the year to trade him for maximum comp.

Not sure we can do a deal though capital wise.

6 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Jack Silvagni

Rory Lobb

Angus Sheldrick  

Deven Robertson

We cannot  go another season with Max as our only real ruck option. We have made a mess of bringing options over the past 2 years. Verrall needs more time to develop and Fullarton doesn’t sound like he’s going to make the grade.

Not to mention the Grundy fiasco. 
Don’t think Max has missed a game since his knee injury early last year. Foolish to hope he can go another season and a bit without injury. 

This year’s draft is full of mids and is meant to have a fair bit of dept I’d rather we draft mids. If our recent trading is anything to go by we are much better at drafting than trading. 

38 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Deven Robertson is pretty vanilla in my mind. Isn’t quick. Skills are average. Not really what we need.

He's a genuine, to put it nicely, an absolute plodder.

Has me bewildered why some on here think he would be a handy addition. Clearly they haven't seen him play.

He's one of the worst kicks of the footy you'll see and his pace for a midfielder is below standard. 

Complete opposite to what we need or require. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He's a genuine, to put it nicely, an absolute plodder.

Has me bewildered why some on here think he would be a handy addition. Clearly they haven't seen him play.

He's one of the worst kicks of the footy you'll see and his pace for a midfielder is below standard. 

Complete opposite to what we need or require. 

Yep. If we were willing to trade up for him then we dodged a bullet!

8 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Jack Silvagni

Rory Lobb

Angus Sheldrick  

Deven Robertson

While Sheldrick and Robertson might be a bit small, they are talented.

Sometimes these sort of players are good gets, as they are just being kept out of their senior sides by exceptional players who are ungettable anyway and these guys can be just a little, or more perhaps, behind the stars. There is no doubt the Swans and Lions midfields are excellent.

These sorts of guys often have a bit to prove and can be very good players for another club.

They would not be expensive trades either.

We certainly need a few more mids, that is fact.

A back up ruck is another need.

If Petty stays, I think we will be ok for key position players, as he can return to the backline when May finishes and we have upcoming key forwards and backs and can get more over the journey.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2