Trac’s 2024 Season Over

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

If i was a defender I would put my knee up every time. obviously you want to make your opponent feel it. Moore didn’t do anything wrong or illegal

To me that's the definition of thuggery. You're saying it's okay to use your knee as an offensive weapon. ...

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

I’m getting so sick of the desperate pile on the club has been subjected to from everyone outside, and seemingly many others inside the club… the furore around him getting put back on the field is the next example.

The AFL community, and especially the media, have been death riding Melbourne since the finals last year.. starting with the exit, continuing with May’s Collingwood comments and for just about every week thereafter.

Should Petracca have gone back on? No with hindsight… was a single person saying that when he ran back on? No.. it was, how brave.. 

Do you really think they would’ve just tapped his chest a few times and said, “you’ll be right son, off you go”. I have no doubt due process was followed, as the club will no doubt be forced in to saying in a statement of reply.

Don’t get sucked in by the garbage media commentary.. This is your Dees. Stick by them.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Clap 2

24 minutes ago, Monbon said:

To me that's the definition of thuggery. You're saying it's okay to use your knee as an offensive weapon. ...

teams that play rough win more games than teams that play nice 

• Like 1
  • Clap 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

The smartest person in this room is @WalkingCivilWar @picket fence. She knows plain language English much better than me. Over to her.

She knows much more but will say ZILCH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Flower Magic said:

Trac has stated on his Insta feed that he brought himself back on, his decision alone not the medicos, so can we please cease the cr@p and hand-wringing about the alleged negligence of the club medical staff.

It's gone now, I wonder if he was told to take it down by the club. Doesn't really help the argument if he's overruling medical staff

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Flower Magic said:

Trac has stated on his Insta feed that he brought himself back on, his decision alone not the medicos, so can we please cease the cr@p and hand-wringing about the alleged negligence of the club medical staff.

You do realize that what he’s saying makes the medical staff even more negligent, because it seems like the players are calling the shots. Which is ridiculous as the players are NOT doctors. 
I don’t think the decision to get back on the ground was his alone because a doctor would have to sign it off. 

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

You do realize that what he’s saying makes the medical staff even more negligent, because it seems like the players are calling the shots. Which is ridiculous as the players are NOT doctors. 
I don’t think the decision to get back on the ground was his alone because a doctor would have to sign it off. 

“Ok so it looks like you’ve got broken ribs, are you feeling faint”

”No”

”Are you feeling nauseous”

”No”

”Coughing up any blood, breathing ok”

”No, yep”

”Ok well like I said we think you’ve got broken ribs, it doesn’t seem like there is any other involvement, so it’s up to you. We can give you a jab, but you’ll be very uncomfortable?”

”Understood, I want to try”

Tries, fails, gets taken off and sent to hospital.

Obviously I have no idea if that was the exchange.. but it seems logical and reasonable, and in my view entirely appropriate.

• Like 7
  • Clap 1

17 minutes ago, picket fence said:

She knows much more but will say ZILCH

Seriously what could it be that is known that won’t make it out to the media? Half the list is suffering from long covid? Players are revolting against coaches? Petty and Oliver have asked for a trade? Does it even matter any more? 

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

So he's expected to miss 6 weeks. 

Gosh it had to be trac it happened to. 

This season is just getting worse

Nup, his season is DONE! If players can now call the shots, then that is a disgrace,! Surely medical people need to be above that???

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, watchtheeyes said:

“Ok so it looks like you’ve got broken ribs, are you feeling faint”

”No”

”Are you feeling nauseous”

”No”

”Coughing up any blood, breathing ok”

”No, yep”

”Ok well like I said we think you’ve got broken ribs, it doesn’t seem like there is any other involvement, so it’s up to you. We can give you a jab, but you’ll be very uncomfortable?”

”Understood, I want to try”

Tries, fails, gets taken off and sent to hospital.

Obviously I have no idea if that was the exchange.. but it seems logical and reasonable, and in my view entirely appropriate.

Yep, so a doctor had to sign off on him returning to play. It wasn’t Trac saying “I’m going back out” while a doctor ran behind him with a broken stethoscope yelling “but you’ll die” 😂 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, hardtack said:

I haven’t seen the photo, but unless it’s attached to a drip, the cannula could be there for a CT scan?

The finger monitor is merely there to measure oxygen levels in the red blood cells (I’d get one of those put on my finger whenever they check my blood pressure just before having my chemo infusion).

Club confirmed he’s had a procedure done. No idea if for the hole in the lung or the spleen tho. Neither sound good. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

So many experts on this site.

Indeed...we can question, and discuss...

Sycophants like you though support whoever, whatever are there...you sit on the fence, weak as [censored].

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vomit 2

4 hours ago, Abyssal said:

Notwithstanding his health is the only concern at the moment, a side issue is , the incident highlighted how disfunctional our forward line really is. That is, your best midfielder, arguably the best or equal best in the competition, needs to stand under a pack to provide a deep forward target.

Dysfunctional it was  - he still had a 'go' despite the odds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy said:

Yep he should’ve just run out of the way, how dare he help out the backline 

Maybe you should re read what you’ve written before posting 

I think poita played little league rules....

9 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Yep, so a doctor had to sign off on him returning to play. It wasn’t Trac saying “I’m going back out” while a doctor ran behind him with a broken stethoscope yelling “but you’ll die” 😂 

Ahhhh the images. 

Tracc emerging from the race full pace, knocking over all the doctors in his way trying to stop him, they’re all crying ‘Christian, please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO’

• Haha 7

Get well Trac your health and full recovery is all that concerns me and all demon supporters 

Our fingers are crossed you make a full and speedy recovery 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

The smartest person in this room is @WalkingCivilWar @picket fence. She knows plain language English much better than me. Over to her.

Thank you, QD 😘

I can’t bring myself to be on DL right now. I logged on just to reply to PMs.

I think Kev is still overseas so I’m happy to do training reports in his absence. There’s no training this week (the players have six days off) but I’ll attend when they resume next week.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, RyanD said:

Trac gone for the season. radio. 

38 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

So he's expected to miss 6 weeks. 

Gosh it had to be trac it happened to. 

This season is just getting worse

Not sure either of these are confirmed, certainly not the first one.

From the news reports I've seen on X, Dr Larkins thinks it's a six-week minimum injury but he has no specific knowledge.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Thank you, QD 😘

I can’t bring myself to be on DL right now. I logged on just to reply to PMs.

I think Kev is still overseas so I’m happy to do training reports in his absence. There’s no training this week (the players have six days off) but I’ll attend when they resume next week.

stay tuff WCW. you put the ‘support’ in supporter 

we’ll be back

Edited by DubDee
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

teams that play rough win more games than teams that play nice 

No-one's talking about 'nice'. I'm talking about a game that has been forced bit by bit to rescue itself from a very violent history. Just as the Dippers, Leigh Mathews and Don Scotts and Dermies, and other fundamental violent on-field criminals have been weeded out - mainly because the VFL/AFL could no longer afford the monetary repercussions - it's also time to remove the other legalized acts of violence and thuggery to protect those who simply want to play a sport called AFL. Just about every other code has removed the risk to life, limb and organs, when will the AFL follow suit?????  Or maybe, you just like sticking your knees into another human being who happens to play for an opposing 'sporting team'? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

It's gone now, I wonder if he was told to take it down by the club. Doesn't really help the argument if he's overruling medical staff

Incorrect, this comment by Trac is on the melbournefc Insta page: "Im responsible for putting myself out there by the way for people talking about the medicos."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

So you must believe that Trac is telling porkies, given that his post on the melbournefc Insta page says this: "Im responsible for putting myself out there by the way for people talking about the medicos." And of course you must have personal knowledge that "a doctor would have to sign it off", maybe you are a former club doctor.

• Like 1