TRAINING: Wednesday 10th April 2024

8 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Would be cruel to get his family over from Esperance last minute only to run him for 5 mins at the end of the 4th quarter

We have never debuted a kid as the sub. Doubt we will start now.

Also I think his debut was dependant on the result of Kosi's hearing, so not sure how quickly his family can come over given they are some distance away. Hopefully they can make it!

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, FTB said:

I don’t think we’ve ever done that with a debutant. I hope it stays that way. 

Yes i agreed with an earlier post that said Woe to come in with Kolt as sub, but as WC reminded me today, Goody doesn't have a history of debutants coming in as sub.

And that was before a nod & a wink from Choco (hello WC) and a brief chat with an excited foal leaving the track.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

The boys were in great spirits today. 

Big voices and energy all round.

Some concerned faces and banter between Clarry and a few trainers towards the end but wouldn't read too much into that for now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Yes i agreed with an earlier post that said Woe to come in with Kolt as sub, but as WC reminded me today, Goody doesn't have a history of debutants coming in as sub.

And that was before a nod & a wink from Choco (hello WC) and a brief chat with an excited foal leaving the track.

Kolt is also more a like for like replacement for Kozzy, where Woey isn't

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Would be cruel to get his family over from Esperance last minute only to run him for 5 mins at the end of the 4th quarter

I agree, and I would start him. He is not a bad like for like for Kossie. A small high pressure forward that can go through the midfield. Time for him to get a opportunity.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dee Viney Intervention said:

I agree, and I would start him. He is not a bad like for like for Kossie. A small high pressure forward that can go through the midfield. Time for him to get a opportunity.

Agree with all of this except….. small.

He is far from small and my god will he crash in and use his size to his advantage. Proper power athlete. Will be a clone to Trac in body size/strength in a few years. Another gem 🕶️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Kolt is also more a like for like replacement for Kozzy, where Woey isn't

7 minutes ago, Dee Viney Intervention said:

Agree he makes more sense than Woe for sure.

Woe competing more with someone like Billings?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

Jefferson gets lost at times, needs more work on his decisions and intention. 

He only needs one decision and intention. Kick em through the middle of the big sticks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

That seems logical given the need for Woewodin to get some much needed game time. He's averaged 14% of game time this year in the seniors.

Unlike others, I'm not against a debutant starting as sub. Whatever works best for the team and I'd imagine Kolt would rather start as the sub on the big Thursday night stage as opposed to playing a full game at Port Melbourne on the weekend.

I don't get the whole you can't start a debutant as a sub. Particularly now that it is not a medical one.

It's a team sport, and it's never been more important that players play their assigned role.

If the best thing for the team is for a debutant to start ad sub then so be it. 

The alternative is what?

Selecting them in the starting 22, even though that's not in the best interest of the team?

Or not picking them at all, even if 

Goody has been criticised for playing favourites with selection, with the implication being it comes at the expense of the team

I think those criticisms are plain silly. But I understand why people would have an issue with it if he was selectiing favourites, not the best option.

Team has to come first. 

Same argument applies to the selection of a debutant. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, 12345_54321 said:

Agree with all of this except….. small.

He is far from small and my god will he crash in and use his size to his advantage. Proper power athlete. Will be a clone to Trac in body size/strength in a few years. Another gem 🕶️

Yes, I should have used term medium. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Agree he makes more sense than Woe for sure.

Woe competing more with someone like Billings?

I would start Woey as he deserves a run at it and has been good and have Billings as sub. Not worried about the missed goals as he is normally a reliable kick more so a few poor tackling efforts. Needs to be much better there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, binman said:

I don't get the whole you can't start a debutant as a sub. Particularly now that it is not a medical one.

It's a team sport, and it's never been more important that players play their assigned role.

If the best thing for the team is for a debutant to start ad sub then so be it. 

The alternative is what?

Selecting them in the starting 22, even though that's not in the best interest of the team?

Or not picking them at all, even if 

Goody has been criticised for playing favourites with selection, with the implication being it comes at the expense of the team

I think those criticisms are plain silly. But I understand why people would have an issue with it if he was selectiing favourites, not the best option.

Team has to come first. 

Same argument applies to the selection of a debutant. 

Not picking a first gamer to be the sub made sense when the sub was medical rather than tactical. Staring a first gamer as medical sub meant that they may not even get on the ground which would be a major disappointment for the player and his family, especially if they had made a long journey from their home to wherever the game was being played.

Now, though, the sub gets to play some part of the game, even if only a small portion (yes, I'm aware of Schache in the final last year -but that's truly an anomaly). It means first-gamers can be the sub and their family can be confident they will see him play at some stage on that day. 

Edited by La Dee-vina Comedia
typo
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Not picking a first gamer to be the made sense when the sub was medical rather than tactical. Staring a first gamer as medical sub meant that they may not even get on the ground which would be a major disappointment for the player and his family, especially if they had made a long journey from their home to wherever the game was being played.

Now, though, the sub gets to play some part of the game, even if only a small portion (yes, I'm aware of Schache in the final last year -but that's truly an anomaly). It means first-gamers can be the sub and their family can be confident they will see him play at some stage on that day. 

Yeah I personally have no issue with him being the sub now that it's a tactical sub not medical sub. If there are others who are ahead that have earned a starting position then I think it's fair they get the chance first. Plus him coming on as the sub has a little bit of excitement "x-factor" about it, he can go with dare and freedom with the pace perhaps not as hot as first bounce.

59 minutes ago, Dee Viney Intervention said:

I would start Woey as he deserves a run at it and has been good and have Billings as sub. Not worried about the missed goals as he is normally a reliable kick more so a few poor tackling efforts. Needs to be much better there.

Billings has always been a terrible kick for goal.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

The kid has the best hair since Allen Jakovich.

If he can be half as good as Jacko he will be a gun, wish him well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dee Viney Intervention said:

Love to see Woe get a starting berth.

Not going to be easy with Billings around though as i feel the FD is looking to use him as a link up (as they would Woe) between wings and forwards.

Billings pretty adept with that last kick inside as well.  Something the coaches would really value yes?

Woe might need a bit of luck to finally get a starting crack, or alternatively he might be better off getting some games in at Casey both for match fitness and also to try and knock the door down from there at some point with some outstanding performances that the coaches can't ignore.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

A group of kids from Herman’s Bay, west of Alice Springs were at training. 😅 

11BA87C4-3094-4A91-AA5F-422E87B1936F.thumb.jpeg.8df30527157d355473ba09f83f5edcf0.jpeg

Herman's Bay ???? WTF

Maybe you mean Hermannsburg.

Somewhere near Traegarar Park.

Geography & spelling are not Demonlander strong suits.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

Herman's Bay ???? WTF

quite.    herman's bay is in florida  😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cranky Franky said:

Herman's Bay ???? WTF

Firstly, I couldn’t understand some of what the boys were saying and vice versa. I heard Herman’s Bay.

Secondly, I’ve not had the pleasure of going to Alice since I can’t afford to so should be forgiven for not knowing every single NT town, especially one with a population of only 500.

Thirdly, it has nothing to do with spelling. Also, don’t ever question my spelling. End of story.

And finally, you read about a group of young indigenous kids visiting from the NT, meeting our players, going to our match tomorrow night, and my misunderstanding of their town’s name is all you got from it???

You’re beyond cranky. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

quite.    herman's bay is in florida  😂

As I’ve tried to explain to CrankyPants (above) I couldn’t fully understand some of what the boys were saying. One can only say “Pardon, what was that?” so many times before it gets annoying.

I actually googled Herman’s Bay while with them and something about the NT popped up. I assumed I had the right name.

SO SHOOT ME FFS 🙄 

• Haha 3