• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 03 vs Port Adelaide

1 minute ago, Diamond_Jim said:

No Tomlinson.... very surprising

Makes it more likely that Petty will play back

Hore v Woewodin is probably decided by where Salem is played

My guess is that Woewodin will be the sub and Hore Lever and Tmac will start down back. Petty will only swing back if it’s all going to hell without May. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 3

• Finlayson 197cm
  • Marshall 198cm
  • Dixon 200cm

• McDonald 195cm
  • Lever 194cm
  • Hore 190cm

Significant height issues down back if Petty is forward. Add in a sore Lever, who is better as an intercept than man defender... not hugely confidence.

I don't like Tomlinson but at least you can give him a job and it gives Lever more freedom and/or allows Petty to play forward.

• Like 5

Just now, Newport34 said:

Hmmm, maybe a late change is on the cards……

We don't normally play games with late changes, so unless someone (Lever or Oliver) needs more time to prove their fitness then I would think that we will go in as named. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seventyfour said:
  • Finlayson 197cm
  • Marshall 198cm
  • Dixon 200cm

• McDonald 195cm
  • Lever 194cm
  • Hore 190cm

Significant height issues down back if Petty is forward. Add in a sore Lever, who is better as an intercept than man defender... not hugely confidence.

I don't like Tomlinson but at least you can give him a job and it gives Lever more freedom and/or allows Petty to play forward.

Petty has trained with the backs this week. he will 100% be playing back

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Petty has trained with the backs this week. he will 100% be playing back

At one point in the Demonland podcast they mentioned a track watcher said he was training with the forwards earlier in the week. He then trained with the backs as the week went on.

But with Tomlinson not selected yes you would think it will be Petty back for most of the match.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Woe in .... is that a precaution in case Chin or Claz doesn't get up?

Chin? Is that because he had a bit of strapping on the knee at training? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

My guess is that Woewodin will be the sub and Hore Lever and Tmac will start down back. Petty will only swing back if it’s all going to hell without May. 

I think that's the likely scenario 

Woey gives us fresh legs, Petty is backline insurance.

Aren't we fortunate to have such depth down back?

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Chin? Is that because he had a bit of strapping on the knee at training? 

He was in the light duties / rehab group on Monday.  Not sure about the rest of the week's training

• Like 2

I think Petty will start back and Hore will be the sub.

This will be a tough one to win. A lot of pressure on the midfield to keep the pressure up the whole game and to lighten the load on our defence.

Dees by 20 points in a tight last quarter.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, seventyfour said:
  • Finlayson 197cm
  • Marshall 198cm
  • Dixon 200cm

• McDonald 195cm
  • Lever 194cm
  • Hore 190cm

Works both ways though.

* Jvr 193cm

*Harrison Petty 197 cm

* Bbb 200 cm.

I'm hoping our mids who have been in cracking form will dominate the clearances and starve ports fwd line of supply.

The big positive is finally our small brigade our impacting the scoreboard in aanb....kozzy and chin.

I personally would have Tommo as a sub in case Hore can't do the job or we lose a tall in Bbb or Petty. 

I think #Jadednomore was correct and we will see Petty up fwd again.

I hope so. Last week after a long absence from competition footy he took two great marks in the first ) sadly he didn't convert) and helped get our first goal through Kozzy.

Worse case without Tommo is Petty swings back. 

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 2

Looking at the Sportsbet odds, Port at $1.46 and Demons $2.66 indicates punters see us as a significant underdog. I don’t recall odds like this since 2020.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

Looking at the Sportsbet odds, Port at $1.46 and Demons $2.66 indicates punters see us as a significant underdog. I don’t recall odds like this since 2020.

They deserve to be favourites. 

Which, if we lose, is worth remembering.

But as I posted earlier, 1.46 is, in punting speak, unders (under the true odds).

Forget battle of the midfield, it will be a battle of defences.

They will look to go fast from the back half, and push up aggressively.

Tough to stop, but we are best placed in the AFL to do so. Particularly if we can minimise Alirs intecept impact (i reckon fritter might get the job, after doing such a great job on Sicily)

But if we can move the ball quickly and spread hard, their defence will struggle big time to stop us kicking a winning score.

Hell, they couldn't stop the tigers, who butchered the ball all game, scoring almost 100 points.

If I was pricing it, port would be 1.70 favourite. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

They've obviously seen enough in Port's hard fought victories over an experienced Eagles side and a premiership contending Tigers outfit.

But in saying that the bookies obviously think May is a massive out to our system and going to be hard to replace, they might also think Lever might be a bit ginger and propy.

That price will balance up significantly come the first bounce i would say, money will come in late for us.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, John Crow Batty said:

It's hard for betting agencies to tune odds early in the season.

A lot of it is gleamed from last year's performances.

That's why I believe these are odds are good for us. I believe we are more of a chance than they imply.

Of course there is the home ground advantage ( but we do ok in Adelaide) and May out but we do have significant defence depth.

I believe like the Hawks game our mids will dominate and we get the chocolates.

Port should be worried about all our smalls firing too . Anb, Kozzy and Chandler look to be very dangerous.

And even if you tag Oliver than Tracca or JV will just pull you apart.

Bbb seems to moving quite well and Tmac has shown some of his old defending form.

We have looked more like our 21 team of late.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

They've obviously seen enough in Port's hard fought victories over an experienced Eagles side and a premiership contending Tigers outfit.

But in saying that the bookies obviously think May is a massive out to our system and going to be hard to replace, they might also think Lever might be a bit ginger and propy.

That price will balance up significantly come the first bounce i would say, money will come in late for us.

We haven’t beaten better opponents though. Hawks are a bottom 4 side, and Dogs will be lucky to make finals. 
This game will be a better indicator of where both sides are placed for the season. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Already come in to $2.46 but some real value at 40+, paying $13

Hard to rate Port, only played WC and RICH, but I reckon we are a shot at a big win, more than a 8% chance for sure

Edited by Bring Back Barassi
  • Like 2

Can we pretty please have someone pay close attention to Butters this time?

He destroyed us last year in a close battle, he was clearly the difference and I struggled to identify who his opponent was. 41 touches, 2 goals.

I suggest Sparrow goes with him. Not necessarily a hard tag but certainly tracking him and not letting him run free, he is far too dangerous! 

• Like 3

Always interests me when the squad is announced who will eventually be named the sub come game day.

A suggestion. How hard would it be to create a weekly poll (similar to the one in the thread that asks ‘who is your least favourite team’).

This would give an opportunity for all us armchair experts to pick (or in my case guess) who will be the sub.

If all too difficult, all good, it was just a thought 

In the meantime….GO DEES!

• Haha 2