• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY: Opening Round vs Sydney

Gerard Whateley

Melbourne
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Collingwood 

Tim Watson

Melbourne
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Collingwood 

Garry Lyon

Melbourne
Brisbane
Richmond
Collingwood 

Dwayne Russell

Melbourne
Brisbane
Richmond
Greater Western Sydney 

Andy Maher

Melbourne
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney 

Sam Edmund

Melbourne
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney 

Andrew Gaze

Sydney
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Collingwood

• Thanks 2

Relieved the season is finally starting. Took a long break from posting here. The ugliness of late last season and the post season for too many reasons was too depressing to even think about let alone writing about it. Looking forward to a spirited response from the boys to expunge all the negative stuff.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

From the training, I forgot to mention that Williams has been supervising Traccs goal kicking at the end of the sessions. I mostly see Choco emphasising the spin the right hand gives to the ball as it leaves the hand and drops to the foot. It is the slow spin for Tracc that he slams home. Occasionally gets the ball spinning too quick or with a wobble, and the ball will go a little left or right. The lovely drop happens when not much thought or he starts kicking them. Hoping his constant repetitions and hard work have paid off and he gets 3 or 4 goals tonight.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, forever demons said:

Gee I hope WCW is ok by game time,prob some sort of 12hr flu

She’s fine, thanks fd. She’s just woken from a much-needed nap and she’s about to head on over to Watson’s for an hour or so (til gates open at the ground). She’s also wondering why she’s third-personing herself 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Clap 1

D210F5FA-1C72-45AE-BD96-DF1BE17037AA.thumb.jpeg.cefad0fa2ac4c4c9da1a6dbe75105315.jpeg

A late out? 😂

PS someone posted this on our DA WhatsApp. I asked what body part it was. Genuine question. You can imagine the replies I got. 😝

DA be ribald 🤭

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Currently 5:45 am just outside London, been up since 4:00am watching the England India test match - will get the first 2 sessions in before the first bounce.

One benefit to previous years is that having a 7 week old son means that no alarms need to be set for my various early morning sport watching!

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

Am I alone in the hype on Grundy for tonight? I think the best is past him by a long way… he only had a few good games during Max’s injury and was hit and miss with the Pies in his last 1-2 years.

I love a good redemption story and he has donned our colours means a level of respect, but I can’t see how you have him and Max on equal terms. It’s just disrespectful to Max IMHO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Am I alone in the hype on Grundy for tonight? I think the best is past him by a long way… he only had a few good games during Max’s injury and was hit and miss with the Pies in his last 1-2 years.

I love a good redemption story and he has donned our colours means a level of respect, but I can’t see how you have him and Max on equal terms. It’s just disrespectful to Max IMHO.

Grundy may win a few battles in the ruck but around the ground Max will take him to the cleaners.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

12 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Agree, watching him at training, he is a plodder, always well behind everyone during laps. His close work is good, but we will know that, though if he gets the ball to the outside runners, could become a dangerous link.

Edited by kev martin
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BritishDemonFan said:

Currently 5:45 am just outside London, been up since 4:00am watching the England India test match - will get the first 2 sessions in before the first bounce.

One benefit to previous years is that having a 7 week old son means that no alarms need to be set for my various early morning sport watching!

How good has the  England India test series been.

Awesome test match cricket.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Before he came to the dees, i always thought  he was super over rated.

Don't get me wrong he's solid ruck, got tap work and he is a fit bugger. But he is dead slow and short for a ruck.

Now that he has left, normal transmission can resume

He's plodder. The idea that this an even battle is ridiculous. Max will school him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, binman said:

Before he came to the dees, i always thought  he was super over rated.

Don't get me wrong he's solid ruck, got tap work and he is a fit bugger. But he is dead slow and short for a ruck.

Now that he has left, normal transmission can resume

He's plodder. The idea that this an even battle is ridiculous. Max will school him.

Nothing is back to normal transmission until WCW has a couple of gin and tonics at Watsons and reports in to DL

4 minutes ago, BritishDemonFan said:

Yes it’s been great, even if it’s ultimately gone downhill for England after the first test.

Always good to watch England lose

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

She’s fine, thanks fd. She’s just woken from a much-needed nap and she’s about to head on over to Watson’s for an hour or so (til gates open at the ground). She’s also wondering why she’s third-personing herself 🤷‍♀️ 

That can be a problem. Redleg often wonders about this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Uncle Bitters and i will be watching the game this afternoon 

The Campaign begins….

IMG_6523.jpeg

Now there's a duet ready to cut loose 15 beers into the wind! Hope the bar you are in has decent security!

🤣

• Like 2

Don't underestimate how hard someone can try if it REALLY matters to them, and I think this may mean more to Grundy than anyone else. (Of course Max is much better normally)