Jump to content

2024 MRO & Tribunal


Demonland

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Palace Dees said:

I have reduced the amount of media content I read, listen to or watch in recent years. Far too many morons and sensationalists. One of the few I still watched or listened to, had been Garry Lyon. Not that I agree with everything he said, but I mostly I have, until.....

Listening to a replay of the SEN breakfast show this morning (avoiding the 70 mins of ads) I had to turn off.

Like everyone I've heard comment on the tribunal outcome, he thinks it's a joke. That's a no brainer. However, like some others, he believed Lever milked it. He then went on to say, he believes the AFL should call Lever to tell him, that's not on.  Furthermore, he said Lever should be told that if he repeats that action, he himself, risks suspension.  

Lever's head HIT the ground! It will be of no surprise to people here that I have hit my head hundreds of times. The reaction each time was to reel my head in the opposite direction of impact. It's a natural human response. 

Throwing your head back and raising your arm (which causes head contact) to win a free kick is a blight and a dangerous aspect of our game that needs penalising. 

I would love the club to call out Lyon, Buckley, Dunkley, tribunal advocates  and any others that are victim blaming here and defend their player.

I would also love the club to challenge the AFL on the difference about what is said and what is done is relation to players health and safety. 

 

Did he really said that? Unbelievable, we have enemies inside our own ranks! Or perhaps he is just another puppet of the system.🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Random thought - does the AFL have to follow any rules, or are they able to do whatever they like? There's no legislation regulating their decisions and we all continue to buy memberships, merchandise and go to games.

It’s a very interesting thought.The AFL answers to no one.
I can’t explain it but it appears to have a business/ corporate structure like no other business in Australia.

Does it make annual reports?

How much profit did it make last financial year?

I think there needs to be a Royal Commission into the AFL.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

This is incredibly true, and I think the AFL is relying heavily on the older generation of supporters. But for younger fans, I think the lack of transparency and clear corruption is going to wear thin.

We are also in an era where media saturation is at an all time high, and we all have an ability to voice our opinion on every decision made by the AFL. That means the AFL can't simply sweep things under the carpet and hope the fans will forget.

A lot of younger people will be turned off the game if they don't see any integrity at the top level, especially if they support a club that is not consistently rewarded with "the rule don't apply here" magic.

It is beyond disgraceful that we could not even bring in an expert witness last week to defend Kosi, but Cameron can bring in two character witnesses. 

Too true. The AFL almost totally relies on , and always has, the support people have for their clubs.

Burn those people, by creating and overseeing an unfair completion combined with the unlikely prospect of seeing their team win a premiership in person, at the peril.

They are deluded. 
The current quality of the spectacle is not that good. 
It’s about Club loyalty and always has been.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Except that Port play Pies and Butters out would have helped Pies.

Being a Brownlow favourite trumps Pies' interests ...  🙂 

 

Gleeson finds obscure reasons to support his decisions ... he should go.

The Tribunal is a joke.  It needs change. 

 

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Did he really said that? Unbelievable, we have enemies inside our own ranks! Or perhaps he is just another puppet of the system.🤔

It was also said on the Mid-week tackle last night in passing (Jon Ralph, Jay Clarke and some other Carlton [censored]). I couldn't believe it. 

We are constantly vilified by the AFL and by the media. I tell you its no longer a coincidence, i am convinced there is something happening behind the scenes. The head is sacrosanct until you play Melbourne. (Brayshaw and Lever in the last 10 games are just recent examples). 

  • Like 2
  • Clap 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Did he really said that? Unbelievable, we have enemies inside our own ranks! Or perhaps he is just another puppet of the system.🤔

Could he do this to prove to the world that he is not biased in favour of his old club and is therefore the perfect commentator.   No, can't be that stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sue said:

Could he do this to prove to the world that he is not biased in favour of his old club and is therefore the perfect commentator.   No, can't be that stupid.

Probably aspiring to BT standards. 

He has always been a little harder on the Dees. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still scratching my head as to how Kossie gets suspended by the tribunal for a week and yet Cameron gets off.

the inherent risk posed by me scratching my head will no doubt warrant its own suspension.

The MRO, the tribunal, heck the entire AFL is a pathetically run organisation. My hatred (and it is indeed hatred) of the AFL ‘system’ now far outweighs the love i have for the MFC. 

This league is a blight on the game of Aussie-Rules football.

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Palace Dees said:

I have reduced the amount of media content I read, listen to or watch in recent years. Far too many morons and sensationalists. One of the few I still watched or listened to, had been Garry Lyon. Not that I agree with everything he said, but I mostly I have, until.....

Listening to a replay of the SEN breakfast show this morning (avoiding the 70 mins of ads) I had to turn off.

Like everyone I've heard comment on the tribunal outcome, he thinks it's a joke. That's a no brainer. However, like some others, he believed Lever milked it. He then went on to say, he believes the AFL should call Lever to tell him, that's not on.  Furthermore, he said Lever should be told that if he repeats that action, he himself, risks suspension.  

Lever's head HIT the ground! It will be of no surprise to people here that I have hit my head hundreds of times. The reaction each time was to reel my head in the opposite direction of impact. It's a natural human response. 

Throwing your head back and raising your arm (which causes head contact) to win a free kick is a blight and a dangerous aspect of our game that needs penalising. 

I would love the club to call out Lyon, Buckley, Dunkley, tribunal advocates  and any others that are victim blaming here and defend their player.

I would also love the club to challenge the AFL on the difference about what is said and what is done is relation to players health and safety. 

 

ffs, lever appealed for a free kick (correctly) ... you'll see that 100 times per game

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Palace Dees said:

I have reduced the amount of media content I read, listen to or watch in recent years. Far too many morons and sensationalists.

 

I too have done this. I have KAYO but only watch games and First Crack for Joey. Rets is rubbish and its the best thing Iv'e done lately to reduce outrage at the AFL and media.

However, lets just add this to the list of spineless AFL calls which includes:

The Brownlow effect  - favourites get off.

The Cripps rule - no explanation needed( also called the Pendles rule)

The good bloke rule - Cameron 

The media darling rule - Trent Cotchin rule is its correct terminology

The Whately Rule - known as the toe-the-party-line rule. or don't upset head office calling them out

The Robbo rule - see the Whately rule

The Toby Greene Rule - used to be castigated, now loved by everyone so he gets a free pass( but deserves it anyway)

 

There must be others but I'm avoiding even reading this stuff and will await our thrashing of the tiges next week to look forward to.  Everything else is white noise to me. Its fantastic.

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

I too have done this. I have KAYO but only watch games and First Crack for Joey. Rets is rubbish and its the best thing Iv'e done lately to reduce outrage at the AFL and media.

However, lets just add this to the list of spineless AFL calls which includes:

The Brownlow effect  - favourites get off.

The Cripps rule - no explanation needed( also called the Pendles rule)

The good bloke rule - Cameron 

The media darling rule - Trent Cotchin rule is its correct terminology

The Whately Rule - known as the toe-the-party-line rule. or don't upset head office calling them out

The Robbo rule - see the Whately rule

The Toby Greene Rule - used to be castigated, now loved by everyone so he gets a free pass( but deserves it anyway)

 

There must be others but I'm avoiding even reading this stuff and will await our thrashing of the tiges next week to look forward to.  Everything else is white noise to me. Its fantastic.

 

 

All of these rules can be summarised into "money is king"

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, biggestred said:

Yeah, except the tribunal doesn't follow precedents.

Except when it chooses to do so.  Special circumstances, special player, special team.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andrew Dillon -

“There were, from the Tribunal chair, there were a number of compelling circumstances and they were first of all that he pled guilty, second of all the number of games he's played without suspension, thirdly that the player didn't suffer an injury and the fourth one was that it was at the lower end of careless.”

We are now grading gradings. Comedy gold.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1
  • Angry 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 hours ago, Palace Dees said:

I have reduced the amount of media content I read, listen to or watch in recent years. Far too many morons and sensationalists. One of the few I still watched or listened to, had been Garry Lyon. Not that I agree with everything he said, but I mostly I have, until.....

Listening to a replay of the SEN breakfast show this morning (avoiding the 70 mins of ads) I had to turn off.

Like everyone I've heard comment on the tribunal outcome, he thinks it's a joke. That's a no brainer. However, like some others, he believed Lever milked it. He then went on to say, he believes the AFL should call Lever to tell him, that's not on.  Furthermore, he said Lever should be told that if he repeats that action, he himself, risks suspension.  

Lever's head HIT the ground! It will be of no surprise to people here that I have hit my head hundreds of times. The reaction each time was to reel my head in the opposite direction of impact. It's a natural human response. 

Throwing your head back and raising your arm (which causes head contact) to win a free kick is a blight and a dangerous aspect of our game that needs penalising. 

I would love the club to call out Lyon, Buckley, Dunkley, tribunal advocates  and any others that are victim blaming here and defend their player.

I would also love the club to challenge the AFL on the difference about what is said and what is done is relation to players health and safety. 

 

Did he say they should also call Rozee after throwing himself back when tackled by Rivers?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Abyssal said:

Too true. The AFL almost totally relies on , and always has, the support people have for their clubs.

Burn those people, by creating and overseeing an unfair completion combined with the unlikely prospect of seeing their team win a premiership in person, at the peril.

They are deluded. 
The current quality of the spectacle is not that good. 
It’s about Club loyalty and always has been.

 

But they keep telling us how great everything is and their lackeys in the media are so glowing in their appraisal of how wonderful everything is like their week long [censored] up in Adelaide despite the further inequities it creates in the fixture.

Loyalty to the MFC is being superceded by my hate for the AFL.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are two questions that have the same answer. The questions are: 'Why do they?' and 'Why don't they?' and the answer is 'Money'.

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But they keep telling us how great everything is and their lackeys in the media are so glowing in their appraisal of how wonderful everything is like their week long [censored] up in Adelaide despite the further inequities it creates in the fixture.

Loyalty to the MFC is being superceded by my hate for the AFL.

Yes, Gather Round is a great example of their bluff.

Despite what the AFL, the kowtowing media and the SA government say, the end result is, a lot of people are not able to see their team play in person.

But it is great for football we’re told.

Shows you where the average supporter ranks in their priorities.

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/04/2024 at 22:00, Males said:

I can’t recall who it was now, maybe King, but he once stated that they should just rid of the “fairest” part of the Brownlow. He stated that if you get suspended for 2,3 or 4 matches etc and can still win the Brownlow, good on you, you have clearly been the best player. Stated that the Brownlow is already compromised anyway, as it’s basically just a midfielder medal.

It does have a built in bias towards mids.  But I kinda like the fairness aspect about being excluded if suspended.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Did he really said that? Unbelievable, we have enemies inside our own ranks! Or perhaps he is just another puppet of the system.🤔

Absolutely. Lever did nothing untoward in the slightest. There was no effort on his part to make it worse. If GL believes otherwise, he's a huge goose .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Andrew Dillon -

“There were, from the Tribunal chair, there were a number of compelling circumstances and they were first of all that he pled guilty, second of all the number of games he's played without suspension, thirdly that the player didn't suffer an injury and the fourth one was that it was at the lower end of careless.”

We are now grading gradings. Comedy gold.

I don't understand why they bring up character references and service to the community. Silly me. I thought it was about protecting players heads and necks. What a fool I've been. 

 

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 3
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TROUBLE by The Oracle

    Situated roughly in Australia's geographic centre, Alice Springs has for many years been a troubled town suffering from intermittent crime waves, particularly among its younger residents. There was a time a little while ago when things were so bad that some even doubted the annual AFL game in the town would proceed.  Now, the hope is that this Sunday’s Melbourne vs Fremantle encounter will bring joy to the residents of the town and that through the sport and the example of the participants,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

    Welcome to Demonland: Luker Kentfield

    With the Melbourne Football Club's first pick in the 2024 AFL Mid-Season Draft and pick number 11 overall the Demon's selected Western Australian key forward Luker Kentfield from Subiaco.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 205

    TRAINING: Tuesday 28th May 2024

    Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning. Beautiful morning for training. The dew has dried, out from AAMI, quiet chatting. Maysie does his heart symbol. 7 in rehab, Turner, Hore, Sestan, BBB, Petty, Spargo and Schache. All in runners. Melky weighted and change of angles work. Salem has his individual program. White cap (no contact), Howes, Woewodin and Sparrow

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    GALLANT by KC from Casey

    The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth.  The Demons went into the game against the St Kilda affiliated Zebras with the advantage of playing on their home turf (not that this has been a major asset in 2024) and with very little else going in their favour. The Saints have close to a full

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

    … meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide. “What is football coming to?” I asked myself.  In front of my eyes, the Demons were smashing it through the midfield, forcing turnovers and getting the footy to their forwards who w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

    The Demons head back on the road for the fourth time this season as the travel to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday afternoon. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 199

    PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 27th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Saints in the Round 11. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30

    VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 54

    POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    After a very wasteful first half of footy the Demons ended up cruising to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and ultimately reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 401
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...