Angus Brayshaw Forced into Retirement

Demonland

3 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

There are only two Melbourne players who I reckon hold enough power to get off on the “good bloke” clause; Trac and Gawny. 

According to AFL360 these players qualify for the good bloke defence…

A86E8D5E-CD75-47F7-8744-761E0CABB805.thumb.jpeg.8039663f9a19efbb2a1fcbcb70ac1234.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

Who's a better bloke, Charlie Cameron, or Max Gawn? {insert discretionary interpretation here}

Charlie Cameron is 🤮

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Since we're mentioning Maynard again, quick reminder that he has gone four consecutive seasons of at least once hospitalising an opponent with a head injury.

I'm 100% in the 'punish them on the scoreboard' group. But also... punish them by so much that when we're 40 points up with 10 minutes to go we can start an ironic 'Collingwood' chance just to make the fans lose their [Maynard].

Also, pretty sure Gawn can arrange for Alexa to play the Demon's song in every Collingwood supporter's home for a week.

I'm all for punishing them on the scoreboard too but my dream last 10 minutes once we're 10 goals up is to bring on our newly recruited rookie as the sub.

His name is Tim Tszyu.

I heard he's one very mean footballer who has a problem distinguishing between a sherrin and Maynard's head.

Anyways, one can only dream.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

According to AFL360 these players qualify for the good bloke defence…

A86E8D5E-CD75-47F7-8744-761E0CABB805.thumb.jpeg.8039663f9a19efbb2a1fcbcb70ac1234.jpeg

The other side of this is that top tier players very rarely get suspended even if they deserve to because the AFL doesn't like disqualifying brownlow contenders

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dwight Schrute said:

The other side of this is that top tier players very rarely get suspended even if they deserve to because the AFL doesn't like disqualifying brownlow contenders

Which is why I suggest Trac hits Maynard, because there is no way the AFL will suspend a Brownlow fancy and good wholesome cook Christian Petracca. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, layzie said:

No-one is doing anything stupid or getting suspended. Get a grip.

Really is bizarre isn't..

Why on earth would we waste all our time and energy into one player (Maynard) on gameday where I'd much rather put all our  focus and energy into winning the game itself.

If you're purely going out there to headhunt certain individuals then you lose focus on the game itself.

Since the Tom Bugg/Bernie Vince days we're not a team goes out to target certain opposition players. Goodys focus has always been about playing our brand and being humble whether that's winning or losing.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, layzie said:

No-one is doing anything stupid or getting suspended. Get a grip.

Not players, but supporters are free to give him hell. I actually think he’s lucky the first game is their home game. People will rightly boo, and they’ll just out cheer us. It’s a shame because I’d like the AFL to hear our frustration in a very unavoidable, hard to ignore way.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Not players, but supporters are free to give him hell. I actually think he’s lucky the first game is their home game. People will rightly boo, and they’ll just out cheer us. It’s a shame because I’d like the AFL to hear our frustration in a very unavoidable, hard to ignore way.

Oh, that I can get around. No problem at all.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Which is why I suggest Trac hits Maynard, because there is no way the AFL will suspend a Brownlow fancy and good wholesome cook Christian Petracca. 

Yeah but then we'd have to put up with the media circus around why the clean-cut, good little Italian boy from the suburbs suddenly became a thugster. 

On 02/05/2024 at 22:57, monoccular said:

And am I correct in saying that he also forced his own team mate Murphy into retirement?

Possibly.  The difference is that Gus had been clear fro 5 years and conquored the concussion issue. Wright well and truly stopped his career. Murphy sadly was being concussed more regulalrly in recent times.

John Somerville ( with whose son Peter I worked with year ago) said the same about his late father. 

I called this out ro a good Pies friend who was mouthing off about the issue.

Didn;t like it and it touched a nerve.

22 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

I actually think the argy bargy will be on in the crowd Kings Birthday, never seen our supporters so incensed about an issue. One of the reasons I'll be coming down from NSW . We should make as much noise as possible.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Vitamin Dee said:

Imagine if Maynard was Kozzie Pickett and Angus Brawshaw was Nick Daicos. 

Kosi would still be serving that suspension.

Just as if it was Viney or May on Daicos or Pendelbury.

The hypocrisy and double standards of the AFL is clear for all to see, except the AFL.

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 2
  • Angry 1

41 minutes ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

Carlton had a couple of chances to pole-axe Skunkhead last night, but let him off, to my disappointment.

Probably wanted to avoid suspension ahead of playing us.

The good news is that we play North after our King Birthday game...

On 02/05/2024 at 17:08, Redleg said:

Agree Dwight. I also don’t believe Maynard wanted to knock out Gus, but rather make him earn it and it went beyond his intent. Unfortunately we know the rest.

I tell you what I want in footy. I want us to win this years’ flag, have Gus present the cup and run the lap with the boys.

Then I want the boys to win the next two.

Is that too much to wish for?

Not at all. If anything, that is under-ambitious. I want us to win this year and the next three, so that we can match a certain unnameable clubs 'cakewalk' and sing about it in our song. The main issue for me is whether it is better for us to beat said club by less than a kick each time, [censored] then by 100+ points each time, or have them finish in the bottom four each time. I would settle for a mixture of these outcomes, though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

Not at all. If anything, that is under-ambitious. I want us to win this year and the next three, so that we can match a certain unnameable clubs 'cakewalk' and sing about it in our song. The main issue for me is whether it is better for us to beat said club by less than a kick each time, [censored] then by 100+ points each time, or have them finish in the bottom four each time. I would settle for a mixture of these outcomes, though.

I don’t need the nerves, I like 100 point wins.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Probably wanted to avoid suspension ahead of playing us.

The good news is that we play North after our King Birthday game...

We can play out VFL squad against North, we want to see blood on KB! 😤😤