• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: SF vs Carlton

Demonland

The everlasting image from this game for me is Jack Viney after the siren. 

Most of our players were sitting or sprawled on the ground in disbelief.  But Jack was in the middle, kneeling with body thrust forward, head in the dirt cradled in his arms.  He seemed to be crying.  He stayed that way for a long time.  I think it was Rivers who went and picked him up.  God knows what was going through his mind.  It was heartbreaking.

Haven't read most of the threads on this forum but going on the titles I reckon the players and the club deserve better than what is being offered here.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Most of our players were sitting or sprawled on the ground in disbelief.  But Jack was in the middle, kneeling with body thrust forward, head in the dirt cradled in his arms.  He seemed to be crying.  He stayed that way for a long time.  I think it was Rivers who went and picked him up.  God knows what was going through his mind.  It was heartbreaking.

Haven't read most of the threads on this forum but going on the titles I reckon the players and the club deserve better than what is being offered here.

I'm sure Jack was ruing his final kick 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

I'm sure Jack was ruing his final kick 

I guess so.  Hopefully someone tells him it was but one in a hundred moments that affected the result.

But to see one of the toughest and courageous players in the game be so vulnerable was tough to witness.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I guess so.  Hopefully someone tells him it was but one in a hundred moments that affected the result.

But to see one of the toughest and courageous players in the game be so vulnerable was tough to witness.

poor bloke will be having nightmares. it was a shocking mistake.

He had a great H&A season but didn't influence finals like i thought he would (he wasn't alone there).

Hopefully the team can regroup and have another crack next year. and hopefully more luck with injuries

• Like 4

I haven't posted anything about last night as I wanted to post something not based on emotion. I dont even remember seeing their winning goal as I had my head in my arms on the seat in front. It was so painful to watch the players after and the obvious anguish that they were going through. For someone to post that they were having a laugh losing two finals in a row. Their pain was so raw.

If you go back through the season and look at the players we lost to injury (and concussion)and playing with a part time forward line how were we ever going to compete with full strength teams through the year, we were lucky to be fourth. This is not giving the players an out for what happened in the last 30 seconds, that was junior footy at its best but lets just acknowledge that its a hard enough game without constant injuries to players and outside players influencing outcomes.

Last night I wouldn't have felt this way but I am grateful for reaching the finals. I wished it ended differently but I got to experience finals football. I know we will come back better next year and it will be heartbreaking to lose some of our favourite players but they will move on from it but not forget how they felt.

I do have a new "media expert" to despise and that is Gerard Healey. I would love to know what the Club ever did to him as he described in the last two years that Melbourne have choked and he is not sure how we will ever get back from this. He obviously doesn't have any sources at the Club otherwise he would have known how many injuries at the Club we had going into the finals last year.

My last point is how does the AFL appoint an ex Carlton player (#27) to officiate a final. Why do I even bother to question.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Pickett missing round 1. Already missing a key player and next year hasn't even begun. While in parts he played well, he did let himself and the club down last night.

There's no way we'd beat Brisbane without him, as he's one of our players they have no answer for. Hoping some small solace can be taken from the fan base now, although some may disagree.

Edited by John Demonic

50 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Pickett suspended for 1 week, and will miss round 1 next year.

A nice parting gift.

A deserved suspension, but the mind still boggles and rages that Maynard is free to play. 

I love Pickett’s hard edge, but he has to cut this [censored] out of his game. Costly and unnecessary. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Pickett missing round 1. Already missing a key player and next year hasn't even begun. While in parts he played well, he did let himself and the club down last night.

I can't remember a worse 2-goal game. 2x50m penalties, the reversal after Smith marked, 3 behinds and a 1-week suspension. Poor discipline killed us last night and Pickett was the worst of the bunch.

• Like 2

The AFL can GAGF. The umpires the MRO and even the media are just pissing me off big time. 

The team was woeful in front of goal that ultimately cost us but the umpiring was truely one for the ages. I can’t bring myself to watch the ARC review for Nibblers goal, which on the MCG screen was hard to tell whether it was conclusive. 

You need a bit of luck in finals - seriously someone has cursed us this year. The amount of [censored] that has gone wrong in the last month is out of this world. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

The AFL can GAGF. The umpires the MRO and even the media are just pissing me off big time. 

The team was woeful in front of goal that ultimately cost us but the umpiring was truely one for the ages. I can’t bring myself to watch the ARC review for Nibblers goal, which on the MCG screen was hard to tell whether it was conclusive. 

You need a bit of luck in finals - seriously someone has cursed us this year. The amount of [censored] that has gone wrong in the last month is out of this world. 

ANB's goal was clearly touched on TV 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Viney was immense and close to BOG. his effort and intensity somehow lifts in finals. 

The last kick didn’t make it far enough purely due to the exhaustion his body was feeling. 

No one on here would be hurting even close to how much him and Gawn would be right now

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, picket fence said:

I never watch a replay of a loss however as I was at the game last night I want to see what learnings I can glean. Once done I will mail it to the club, attention Kate Roffey! Dont expect any sugar coatings! Once done I will attend the next general meetings with all guns blazing and will want more than Rhettorical answers! First question I'll be asking is.. WHY DID WE EXTEND Simon Goodwins contract on the basis of a flukey Premiership win?

How was it flukey? Minor premier, dominant all year, dominated the finals series, backed up with 2nd and 4th after H&A next two seasons. Yes we haven't lived up to expectations the last two September's but to say 2021 was a fluke is dumb.

I do question how long you can go with the type of coach Goodwin is. I think it's a great culture he's built and the care for the players etc but after 7 or 8 years do the players become too comfortable? I'm not calling for his head, far from it, just wondering aloud whether the message becomes stale.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Viney was immense and close to BOG. his effort and intensity somehow lifts in finals. 

The last kick didn’t make it far enough purely due to the exhaustion his body was feeling. 

No one on here would be hurting even close to how much him and Gawn would be right now

Lol what game were you watching? Viney was incredibly poor last night and was one of our bottom 5 players of the night. His turnover last night summed his night up because that's all he basically did was cough it up.

Hes form in this year's finals series and last year have been incredibly disappointing for a guy that is usually well renowned for performing in big games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

So after we kicked the two goals in the last Q we were 7 points up

from there we had 5 scoring shots and Carlton had 3

we kicked 5 behinds

blues kicked 2 goals 1

that’s the game

un[censored]belieable

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1

12 hours ago, John Demonic said:

Langdon in his first two seasons struck the perfect blend between hard-nut and athlete that runs lanes and puts his body on the line. The last two seasons however, it seems he's strayed too far in the direction of lane running athletics. Only there to fill a strategic purpose, not allowed much 'space' to play on instinct, and kept out of the action too much to gain any kind of confidence to impact a 'match' with high disposals and metres gained.

Because he was such a weapon teams started tagging him and playing the opposite wing. I thought Langdon was pretty good last night barring the two on the fulls.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Didn't see it but that sounds awful. All I saw was May lying on the ground on one of the TVs as I bolted out of the level 1 MCC standing area and out the door.

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Lol what game were you watching? Viney was incredibly poor last night and was one of our bottom 5 players of the night. His turnover last night summed his night up because that's all he basically did was cough it up.

Hes form in this year's finals series and last year have been incredibly disappointing for a guy that is usually well renowned for performing in big games.

I've said it for ages... our mids are ball winners not ball users. Hence why we are so defensive.

Love Viney and he will go close to winning the Bluey, but f me we need to mix it up.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DubDee said:

excellent H&A season. very close to AA. 

he was very poor last night. plenty of heart as usual but coughed the ball up continually.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cheap Seats said:

I've said it for ages... our mids are ball winners not ball users. Hence why we are so defensive.

Love Viney and he will go close to winning the Bluey, but f me we need to mix it up.

How we've refused to address this is beyond me.

12 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Feel angry and disillusioned because we lost, not because we weren’t good enough but because of ill discipline, especially from Pickett and JVR and poor selection - Laurie as sub last week and keeping TMac on too long this week. Spargo showed why he is important as a good decision maker and needs to be played. Our back 6 were superb and must be filthy with the forwards. 

Spargo was great. I thought ANB very good too and Chandler was ok. Most played their roles just didn't finish 😢

• Like 1