• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: SF vs Carlton

Demonland

2 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Does anyone have the stats on teams winning the flag after losing the QF?

i remember the Hawks doing it 

i seriously think we could do it. we are fit enough

Richmond 2020, Hawks 2015, WCE 06, Syd 05? Bris 03?

It's happened but it's not the preferred route, obviously.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Under the current Final 8 system (since 2000), happened in:

2003 - Lions

2005 - Swans

2006 - Eagles

2015 - Hawks

2020 - Tigers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Glorious Day said:

Under the current Final 8 system (since 2000), happened in:

2003 - Lions

2005 - Swans

2006 - Eagles

2015 - Hawks

2020 - Tigers

I bet on each of those occasions supporters were absolutely wrist slitting too.

5 times in 20 years. So this means 25% of flag winners in the last 20 years have taken this route. I'll take those odds. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Chook said:

I bet on each of those occasions supporters were absolutely wrist slitting too.

5 times in 20 years. So this means 25% of flag winners in the last 20 years have taken this route. I'll take those odds. 

I believe all of them except Richmond 2020 defeated their QF opponent in the GF which would be oh so sweet.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, Bates Mate said:

Didn't take the AFL media long to show who they want to win next week. https://www.afl.com.au/news/1026091

Newspaper noise doesn’t win games, we’ll be ok.

Edited by bluey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chook said:

Plenty of times I saw Gawn and other forwards motioning to get the ball in quicker but the player with the ball was indecisive and the moment was lost

Another instance was Sparrow and Petracca, when Sparrow hesitated.

Edited by bing181
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Sorry...thats rubbish..

Bombing and Pockets are the order of the day.. 

No, that's rubbish. Watch the Gawn post match interview on 7. "I was a culprit, I was dumping a lot of kicks in there not to our forwards' advantage." etc.

• Like 2

I think we need another mid as the sub. We need extra mids coming through if Trac is to play forward and we can’t be robbed of that again if someone like a Viney goes down.

I also think we’ll need an extra tall down back if Silvagni plays. 

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DubDee said:

From 4th position since 2000, no one has won the flag.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

From 4th position since 2000, no one has won the flag.

Finishing 3rd would have been much better in hindsight. A free hit at the Lions at the GABBA while they have all the pressure on them. Then if we had lost, an MCG home final against probably the Giants where we would have had the 19th man

Edited by At the break of Gawn

8 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

If we as supporters want to help our players the plan is pretty simple. If you went to the G on Thursday you must turn up again. Better still buy a ticket for a mate. Doesn’t matter if they don’t barrack for the Dees, so long as they hate Carlton and are very loud. 

Surely a mate that isn't a Collingwood supporter?

• Haha 1

Looks good for a week. Really helps with Brayshaw gone.

Do we have any news on the St Kilda scratch match?

Tmac no, Grundy for Tmac, for JvR keep Laurie.

Spargo and Harmes no thanks, would rather have Jordan.

Salem has dropped but it doesn't mean others have gone past him.

Thommo as sub. Carlton riding their luck, I have to believe we won't murder the bed sheets like Thursday.

Edited by DEE fence
Autocorrect altering names
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

I don't care if we lose. Tmac has no business playing. There I've said it.

Jvr will get a week but that's no biggy.  He will be a very good player in 2 years. Why we haven't tried Thommo fwd I don't understand. We have trialled two other defenders. Any one than Tmac.

I think we all groaned for this reason when Milk went down. We have carried McDonald for two years and I do mean carried. He cannot run or mark. 

We have Fritra who has missed half a season and then Kozzie who has been average for half a season.

The club has been caught napping over its inertia towards fixing our fwd line. We saw Bbb and Tmac imploding a long time ago. We knew Milk was on tge cusp of retirement. We ignored the fact that Jvr was just beginning. But in our arrogance we thought we had enough players even if we did have to butcher our backline. Than some Einstein said let's fix it with a nother ruckman who can play fwd. Despite the fact the bloke cannot take a mark. Also was the idea behind Schscke. Was he ever any good as a fwd anywhere?

It’s said that the general who defends everything defends nothing 

Isn’t our list invested mostly in defence and midfield? Schake milk and bb are recycled tmac was up for trade

what fwds do we have on big coin?

23 hours ago, Hatchman said:

Jordan in for Brayshaw

Grundy in for JVR (who will get at least one week for the cheap hit). I'm expecting Grundy will alternate with Tmac in the forward line. 

Spargo as the sub in-place of Laurie (who played poorly)

No changes to the backline, they did very well. Only way Turner is getting a game is if Hibberd is injured.

never thought Laurie deserved a spot Just a player in my view Not the future  and we gave away Bedford 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, drysdale demon said:

We didn't give away Bedford, he chose to go.

Yes understand that !

We didnt give him opportunities and a reason to stay

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kent said:

never thought Laurie deserved a spot Just a player in my view Not the future  and we gave away Bedford 

Gobsmacked after 5 average games, he was sub in a Qf. And had to play the whole game.

• Like 4

It's not about replacing players, it's picking your best side.

Backs

McVee May Lever

Bowey Smith Salem

- Lever gets exposed as our 2nd tall, therefore we need another (one with pace to cover Lever and May intercepting). 

Mids

Langdon Viney Hunter

Oliver Gawn Harmes

- Harmes plays a strong tag on there best clearance player (Cripps) which effectively means our remaining 2 v theis. Like Aus cricket team of past years, successfully targeting their captain can also demoralise their team.

Forwards

Petracca Tmac ANB

Fritsch Rivers Picket

- have Rivers play the Melks role of being the defensive forward in the air (which he has already done in defence); plus he's a bonus when ball hits ground. Give space to Trac. Fritsch or Picket who can all beat their opponents 1v1 in the air (but not packs)

Bench

Sparrow Hibberd Chandler/Jordan Grundy

÷ Chandler for run or Jordan for midfield time so Trac plays forward more. Grundy rucks more from the bench with Gawn resting forward (for Rivers) who can float into midfield on occasions. Grundy could also spend time as a tall midfielder or even wing. Tmac can go back with Smith/Lever/May going forward so their defence can't settle!

Edited by Ungarieboy
  • Thinking 2

5 hours ago, dee-tox said:

Jordon for Brayshaw.

Grundy for JvR unless BBB is miraculously fit.

Spargo for Laurie

McKay is out so no need for Tommo/Turner.

Martin should be out so not sure Hibberd's role...

Tommo for Tmac. 

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1