PREGAME: SF vs Carlton

Demonland

12 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Turner got swung forward today and did very well supposedly 

Oh, this is interesting. He's too slight to be a key back at the moment, but he has a lot of mongrel, reads the play pretty well and has good hands.

JJ needs to come in next week

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sydee said:

Oh - a bit like the Petracca goal that the Carlton player clipped the ball on the goal line 

Sorry I forgot there seems to be different rules / standards applicable to whoever is the AFL darlings 

JVR had his elbow tucked when he contacted McFlop - nothing to it - if it was a Daicos or Cripps it wouldn't even get a mention 

Yeah, it probably wouldn’t get a mention Sydee, I still think he'll get a week. I'm not saying it's right, fair or otherwise. There wasn't much in it but the elbow did rise slightly before contact.

Out: JVR In: Grundy
Out: T Mc In: Woey or Spargo (Tracc forward)
Out: Gus In: JJ

Possibly
Out: Hibberd In: Turner/Tommo (matchups)

Got to go with a forward line of;

FF: Pickett Grundy Fritsch
HF: Tracc Smith ANB
Int: Chandler 

That has mobility and skill around Grundy/Gawn as the long bomb target and Smith as the lead up.

If that means a midfield of Viney, Oliver, Sparrow, JJ then so be it.

Tommy could actually be a decent sub, coming on fresh when the pace is out of the game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Out: JVR In: Grundy
Out: T Mc In: Woey or Spargo (Tracc forward)
Out: Gus In: JJ

Possibly
Out: Hibberd In: Turner/Tommo (matchups)

Got to go with a forward line of;

FF: Pickett Grundy Fritsch
HF: Tracc Smith ANB
Int: Chandler 

That has mobility and skill around Grundy/Gawn as the long bomb target and Smith as the lead up.

If that means a midfield of Viney, Oliver, Sparrow, JJ then so be it.

Tommy could actually be a decent sub, coming on fresh when the pace is out of the game. 

These are good thoughts.

let’s go with something like this. I really think bring back Tomlinson, create the wall again. Bounce off half back.

nothing to lose next week - let’s get on a run. Play with enjoyment and fire.

[censored] ‘em.

I’m not very good at this so be gentle

Out

brayshaw, Salem, JVR, TMac

in

jj (for Gus) tomlo (tall on defence, we’re undefeated with him there with 3 talls), grundy, spargo or WW2 (woe woe 2, I want my WW2 moniker to stick).

move the magents around

tomlo could swing fwd if needed - or not. 

Hibbo stays in. 

jeez I’d read the riot act to Langdon he has been soft as for ages

I also want the following ins

HARDNESS. Jesus I am sick of soft insipid starts. It’s been an issue for ages and ages and ages. 

composure and decision making (hence the spargo suggestion for fwd line delivery)

I also want to keep Viney ready in case we make it to the GF. His one goal should be to flatten Cox and Maynard if not suspended for 2. Just endless contretemps. Lay them both out. Old Testament style. Sorry I’m still livid and a roiling sea of rage. I’ve a vision of Viney holding the cup aloft and saying, gracelessly “this one is for all the bottom feeder fans at other clubs who think it’s ok to cheer and chant their clubs name when one of their players has mown down a player who is then unconscious. Suck it losers!”

sorry. I’m not Gandhi or Buddha

Edited by Superunknown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Remember last week when a few people were mad that we pulled players out of the Casey final and not a week later we are facing 2 forced changes in pivotal roles. 
This is why, and thank goodness we did that!

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 6

So no JVR, Petty, Melksham, Brayshaw

starting to add up. 

But please don’t resort to Grundy as an option. not only can he not play fwd at all. he negatively impacts our best players game significantly. I haven’t seen Gawn have such little influence in 8 years since the first half of this year

• Like 1

Just now, Jaded No More said:

It’s the hope that kills you. I was very hopeful of success this year. Now I would be surprised if we don’t go out in straight sets. 

Surely Goodwin would be under pressure next year if this happens?

• Vomit 1

9 hours ago, demon3165 said:

What's the bet Goodwin will play Harmes and that's a mistake, so Goodwin will go with plan A or plan A.

Harmsey did his hammy this morning in the scratch match against Carlton reserves.

• Demonland changed the title to PREGAME: SF vs Carlton

Forgive the pun, but it would be petty if we didn’t play Grundy now.

Grundy for JVR

Tomlinson for Brayshaw

Rivers into the middle. Wouldn’t bother with JJ. Give Trent the time in a big game. 

And we just look better when Lever is free to intercept with AT there. 

You could look at TMac for Laurie/Spargo but I wouldn’t do that. TMac will play an important role.

• Like 1