Jump to content

Harley Reid


dazzledavey36

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Nascent said:

North could even grab Duursma considering his late season form. Wouldn't discount Watson from being in the conversation for both North and Hawks as well.

North need to go tall. All their assets, bar Larkey are in the midfield. Phillips, Sheezel, Wardlaw, LDU, Simpkin, Thomas, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WCE have publicly said they would trade pick 1.
  • WCE and North have almost certainly come up with a solution the delivers Curtain to WCE and leaves Reid to be traded out.
  • MFC and WCE have already come to "in-principle" agreement for Reid, plenty of fine tuning to be done but leaves a live option for Dees.
  • No other club can satisfy WCE
  • I hear the MFC feels it does not have room for all its early picks.  In other words, they will be forced to delist players they want to keep.  Far better therefore to trade up.
  • I think the chances of us landing Reid and very high.

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 3
  • Thinking 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Grand New Flag said:
  • WCE have publicly said they would trade pick 1.
  • WCE and North have almost certainly come up with a solution the delivers Curtain to WCE and leaves Reid to be traded out.
  • MFC and WCE have already come to "in-principle" agreement for Reid, plenty of fine tuning to be done but leaves a live option for Dees.
  • No other club can satisfy WCE
  • I hear the MFC feels it does not have room for all its early picks.  In other words, they will be forced to delist players they want to keep.  Far better therefore to trade up.
  • I think the chances of us landing Reid and very high.

 

Appreciate the info GNF but wouldn’t North be better positioned should they receive compo from a McKay trade?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harley Reid would definitely be a pretty amazing replacement for Jake Melksham if we sadly end up losing both Jake Melksham and Luke Dunstan to injuries.

The thing is what would West Coast want in return for pick #1? Would picks #5 and #15(?) suffice?

With picks #5 and #15(?) we could easily just take any of the following two players....

● Zane Duursma

● Nick Watson

● Nate Caddy

● Connor O'Sullivan

● Ryley Sanders

● Colby McKercher

● Ollie Murphy

● Darcy Wilson

● Archer Reid

● George Stevens

The list goes on!

Why take just one young talented draftee when we can actually take two!?

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that we are in a powerful position draft wise and I have ultimate faith in Jason Taylor and the MFC recruiting team. 🙏

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Harley Reid would definitely be a pretty amazing replacement for Jake Melksham if we sadly end up losing both Jake Melksham and Luke Dunstan to injuries.

The thing is what would West Coast want in return for pick #1? Would picks #5 and #15(?) suffice?

With picks #5 and #15(?) we could easily just take any of the following two players....

● Zane Duursma

● Nick Watson

● Nate Caddy

● Connor O'Sullivan

● Ryley Sanders

● Colby McKercher

● Ollie Murphy

● Darcy Wilson

● Archer Reid

● George Stevens

The list goes on!

Why take just one young talented draftee when we can actually take two!?

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that we are in a powerful position draft wise and I have ultimate faith in Jason Taylor and the MFC recruiting team. 🙏

 

 

Picks 5 + 15 wouldn’t get it done.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grand New Flag said:
  •  
  • I hear the MFC feels it does not have room for all its early picks.  In other words, they will be forced to delist players they want to keep.  Far better therefore to trade up.
  •  

 

This point just doesn't make sense.

Clubs must make at least 3 changes. I believe we will make more than 3.

We have 2 picks in first round. If we trade up to 4, that is 3 picks in first round.

I assume all later picks would be used to get 4 anyway.

We would clearly have room for 3 selections.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Grand New Flag said:
  • WCE have publicly said they would trade pick 1.
  • WCE and North have almost certainly come up with a solution the delivers Curtain to WCE and leaves Reid to be traded out.
  • MFC and WCE have already come to "in-principle" agreement for Reid, plenty of fine tuning to be done but leaves a live option for Dees.
  • No other club can satisfy WCE
  • I hear the MFC feels it does not have room for all its early picks.  In other words, they will be forced to delist players they want to keep.  Far better therefore to trade up.
  • I think the chances of us landing Reid and very high.

 

If this is the case, the only way I can see it happening is if we trade with North to get their first pick.  And then use this (and something else) to on trade to West Coast.  Is that what you're meaning?

To me it seems like a lot on one player - but we were apparently very keen on Humfrey last year and he has been very impressive so back JT and co with whatever they go for.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Grand New Flag said:
  • WCE have publicly said they would trade pick 1.
  • WCE and North have almost certainly come up with a solution the delivers Curtain to WCE and leaves Reid to be traded out.
  • MFC and WCE have already come to "in-principle" agreement for Reid, plenty of fine tuning to be done but leaves a live option for Dees.
  • No other club can satisfy WCE
  • I hear the MFC feels it does not have room for all its early picks.  In other words, they will be forced to delist players they want to keep.  Far better therefore to trade up.
  • I think the chances of us landing Reid and very high.

 

Oh dear GNF....

"Principle agreement "

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

If this is the case, the only way I can see it happening is if we trade with North to get their first pick.  And then use this (and something else) to on trade to West Coast.  Is that what you're meaning?

To me it seems like a lot on one player - but we were apparently very keen on Humfrey last year and he has been very impressive so back JT and co with whatever they go for.

Correct. You could see in Humphreys first game that he will be crazy good, has a lot of top line attributes. We offered two firsts for him and on his (albeit limited) showing so far, I'd have been comfortable with that in hindsight. He would have added significantly to our team this year. Those saying we need a trac in the middle and a trac up forward - we would have had it. 

Reid is just as good - although more pure mid than Humphrey who is a capable forward. You never know what it could do for our chances next year. Need to add high end quality when we're already at the pointy end. Hell, not getting Humphrey could have been the difference this year. We'll know in a month.

Edited by fr_ap
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Picks 5 + 15 wouldn’t get it done.

I think it was practically 8 & 12 last year for pick 2 which became Sheezel... and Reid would appear to be a level above.

Would definitely cost more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We aren't getting Harley Reid, 

West Coast are more likely to take Curtin pick 1 than they are to trade that pick and miss out on a gun, W.A prospect like that. 

I think we are far more likely to push hard for the Suns first round pick with our picks 15, 24,36 and potentially a future first and hope we can somehow snag a combinaion of Duursma and Watson who would immediately add some incredible talent and X factor to our team. but that's just my opinion 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Redleg said:

This point just doesn't make sense.

Clubs must make at least 3 changes. I believe we will make more than 3.

We have 2 picks in first round. If we trade up to 4, that is 3 picks in first round.

I assume all later picks would be used to get 4 anyway.

We would clearly have room for 3 selections.


The way I see it, based on current ladder position we have 15, 24 & 34 which we have no intention of using and is the points equivalent of pick 3. Plus whatever comes back in return for Grundy, Harmes, et al.

I can’t see another club bidding more than that. If need be we could throw in next year’s first or second.

With 4&5, that’s a strong hand to trade for pick 1. For parity, we should really be receiving pick 20 in return with 1. I think it’s more likely we get back West Coast’s 35, 38 or 54, or that it’s a 3 way trade and some of those go to GC, maybe even letting us  keep say 24 (wishful thinking).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMHO if we were to trade up for Harley Reid, we would be more willing to let both JJ and Harmes go. I'm not saying Harley would be a walk up start in the 22, but he would very quickly get ahead of those blokes. Losing JJ, Harmes, and Grundy could help us facilitate a few pick swaps to move up the board.

Edited by AshleyH30
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whether we get Harley or not we should still look to trade for GC's pick 4. 2 picks in the top 5 would be an unbelievable hand for the premiers to hold. JT will pick 2 very good prospects with those picks I'm sure.

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


47 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

We aren't getting Harley Reid, 

West Coast are more likely to take Curtin pick 1 than they are to trade that pick and miss out on a gun, W.A prospect like that. 

I think we are far more likely to push hard for the Suns first round pick with our picks 15, 24,36 and potentially a future first and hope we can somehow snag a combinaion of Duursma and Watson who would immediately add some incredible talent and X factor to our team. but that's just my opinion 

Quite like this scenario, assuming that trade satisfies GC points needs then let’s do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Demons not only have their own first-rounder, they have the Dockers first rounder (pick 5) and second-rounder (pick 22) courtesy of the Luke Jackson trade.

The Demons could offer their own first-rounder (currently pick 15), the Dockers second-rounder (23) and their own second-rounder (33) for the Suns for pick four.

It would arm them with picks four and five to trade to the Eagles for pick one, and give the Suns an extra 460 draft points to secure their academy players.

The Demons might ask for a later pick back from the Eagles, but it would allow West Coast two absolutely elite draft picks and the Demons could secure Reid.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, BDA said:

Whether we get Harley or not we should still look to trade for GC's pick 4. 2 picks in the top 5 would be an unbelievable hand for the premiers to hold. JT will pick 2 very good prospects with those picks I'm sure.

Got to be stoked with that hand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, fr_ap said:

Correct. You could see in Humphreys first game that he will be crazy good, has a lot of top line attributes. We offered two firsts for him and on his (albeit limited) showing so far, I'd have been comfortable with that in hindsight. He would have added significantly to our team this year. Those saying we need a trac in the middle and a trac up forward - we would have had it. 

Reid is just as good - although more pure mid than Humphrey who is a capable forward. You never know what it could do for our chances next year. Need to add high end quality when we're already at the pointy end. Hell, not getting Humphrey could have been the difference this year. We'll know in a month.

Maybe I am the odd one out, but on what I have seen of Humphrey, Reid should be far superior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dwight Schrute said:

We aren't getting Harley Reid, 

West Coast are more likely to take Curtin pick 1 than they are to trade that pick and miss out on a gun, W.A prospect like that. 

I think we are far more likely to push hard for the Suns first round pick with our picks 15, 24,36 and potentially a future first and hope we can somehow snag a combinaion of Duursma and Watson who would immediately add some incredible talent and X factor to our team. but that's just my opinion 

That sounds a better get to me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    THE BLOW by Whispering Jack

    Narrm’s finals prospects took a crushing blow after the team’s insipid performance at Optus Stadium against a confident Waaljit Marawar in the first of its Doug Nicholls Round outings for 2024.  I use the description “crushing blow” advisedly because, although the season is not yet at it’s halfway mark, the Demons have now failed abysmally in two of their games against teams currently occupying bottom eight places on the ladder.  The manner in which these losing games were played out w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 4

    HALF FULL by KC from Casey

    It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 106

    PODCAST: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 20th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons disaapoiting performance against the Eagles at Optus Stadium in Round 10. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 31

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 426

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

    WARNING by William from Waalitj

    As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 22

    OVER YET? by KC from Casey

    The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...