• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Carlton

Demonland

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

Let's see what the scoring is like in the second half of the season when we play the better teams.  We've had a soft draw so far

Oh will you please give it a rest! You seem hell bent on killing everyone’s buzz. Yes I know everyone’s entitled to their opinion but duuuude you’re just too much. 

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, Orion said:

Let's see what the scoring is like in the second half of the season when we play the better teams.  We've had a soft draw so far

Fine. Not exactly what we were debating but fine.

Although I challenge the notion that we've had a "soft" draw. It hasn't been the hardest, but it hasn't been easy.

We spent 50% of the first 10 weeks on the road. We've had the two hardest road trips (Brisbane in Brisbane, Port in Adelaide). We got Sydney when they were full strength before they collapsed. We got Fremantle when they were in-form, rather than earlier in the year when they spent weeks playing mindlessly slow football.

It's all debatable but despite having played 8 of the current bottom 10, it's not like we've had a cakewalk of a season so far.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

Fine. Not exactly what we were debating but fine.

Although I challenge the notion that we've had a "soft" draw. It hasn't been the hardest, but it hasn't been easy.

We spent 50% of the first 10 weeks on the road. We've had the two hardest road trips (Brisbane in Brisbane, Port in Adelaide). We got Sydney when they were full strength before they collapsed. We got Fremantle when they were in-form, rather than earlier in the year when they spent weeks playing mindlessly slow football.

It's all debatable but despite having played 8 of the current bottom 10, it's not like we've had a cakewalk of a season so far.

Mmmmmm wonder why ......

2 hours ago, praha said:

we're the highest scoring team in the league lol get a grip.

Such a tiresome stat that actually shows how we beat up on lowly teams and struggle against top 8 teams.

Following your logic you must be thrilled with our scores of 76, 72 and 61 in the last three weeks, lol

We have Coll, Cats at Geelong, Saints, Brisbane and Adelaide coming up, reality check time.

Win all those and I'll bare my rrrse in Bourke St

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ugly game. Umpiring ordinary again. The high tackles paid and not paid frustrating as ever.

There we’re definitely positives.

Defence looked much better. Posters who wrote about the structure failing  in Petty’s absence were on the money. Even though Tomlinson struggled at times, the defensive unit so much better when it allows May and Lever to play their natural games. Great to see Lever’s intercept game return. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tomlinson keeps his place if Goodwin continues with Petty forward.

McVee and Bowey are so clean and composed. Rivers great again.

Van Rooyen has a great temperament. He impacts the contests even when not scoring. Surprisingly composed. Hates losing.

(All four of the above are 21 and under. Pickett now 22. We’ve done really well to work some youth into the side.)

Gawn looked out of sorts but took it upon himself to kick a clutch goal and seemed to regain some confidence towards the end of the game.

What a complete game from Petracca.

I like Sparrow. I feel his power and speed make up for him being a bit untidy sometimes.

Edited by wisedog
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stiff Arm said:

Such a tiresome stat that actually shows how we beat up on lowly teams and struggle against top 8 teams.

Following your logic you must be thrilled with our scores of 76, 72 and 61 in the last three weeks, lol

We have Coll, Cats at Geelong, Saints, Brisbane and Adelaide coming up, reality check time.

Can you make another type of bet don't like the sound of that one..

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wisedog said:

(All four of the above are 21 and under. Pickett also 21. We’ve done really well to work some youth into the side.)

Pickett turned 22 yesterday, he tweeted that your lack of birthday wishes has been noted

🤣

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

I'm guessing you're saying he's not playing well?

2.1 from 8 touches, 3 marks, with 1 tackle, reads pretty standard I'd have thought?

Better than Smith's full game stats last week which somehow got him promoted 🤔 

41 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

That's a ridiculously unreal expectation, thankfully

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just watched the start of Goodwin's Conference and I basically agree with everything he said. The bottom line is that we lost the last 2 games by a kick and, unlike some respondents on this thread, believe Carlton aren't a bad side. They have obvious deficiencies - I feel sorry that for Silvagni, what. as a ruckman opposed to Gawn????but I don't think they are that far off from becoming more than competitive. 

Also, had we kicked straight...

I'm so happy they've persevered with JVR - played a bloody good game yesterday, way his best.

Good to have Salem and Hunter back...

May, Lever, Rivers, Bowey, and McVee were superb.

Gawn was good - his best game since injury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Oh will you please give it a rest! You seem hell bent on killing everyone’s buzz. Yes I know everyone’s entitled to their opinion but duuuude you’re just too much. 

Sorry but I don't respond to anger

6 hours ago, Sydee said:

He gets another chance today to prove something - let’s see if he’s ready to earn a recall

I’d say Darcy Moore would absolutely lick his chops at the thought of out positioning and running off BBB particularly with our kicking into the F50

Defensively we were much improved last night and that is the cornerstone of our system - if you don’t understand that yet perhaps your not listening to the coach or players. 

BBB is playing VFL because he is poor defensively 

You’re wasting your breath, he wanted JVR out the last couple of weeks, never saw Spargo’s footy smarts, just looked at his size. Thought Michael Newton was a star, he has NFI

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dee Viney Intervention said:

Defensively as a squad fantastic last night. Great forward half pressure and the May / Lever combo back to its best. Great to win the contested ball numbers as well. However, I genuinely do not know how we are the highest scoring team in the league. Our ball movement, overuse of handball and at times inexplicable width that we play with especially with deep entries forward. We have some serious talent in that forward line but I struggle to see how we are playing to the strengths of that talent. The leading patterns are terrible and again Bailey leading to the wrong side of the ground for a left footer. Stafford or someone at the club needs to sort it out because this narrative of we don’t know what our best forward line looks like and it is still a work in progress whilst trotting out the highest scoring team in the league stat is not good enough. There has been ample time to sort it out, it should be better because there are no apparent roles down there ( Kossi still trying to take mark of the year) and our leading patterns are poor with no work for each other. This forward line should be better functioning than it is and it is not. 

You can say that again, these forward line problems have been continual for a few years now, honestly don't know how the forward line coach has kept his job.

• Haha 1

One thing we just don’t ever seem to have is any sort of home ground advantage.

Supporters are quiet and umpires always seem to favor the opposition.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Orion said:

Sorry but I don't respond to anger

That wasn’t anger (trust me, you’d know if it was anger), it’s EXASPERATION. 

• Like 2

Definitely decision making and ball use is a problem along with goal kicking, counted a clear 8 misses that were quite kickable.

Umpires when Kozzie gets tackled high it doesn't automatically mean he's ducked. But Kozzie learn ways to get more involved 

Can we get the ball into McVee's hands more often.

Apart from that wasn't as bad as some of the reports 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stiff Arm said:

I will be there.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, —coach— said:

Except our very own Selwyn G confirmed it on the demonland podcast.

He really didn’t.

He said we train with a high load all the time. 

It’s not loading if you did it all the time…

Extra training around the bye week is not a loading regime. It’s extra training around a bye week. 

Loading is not an excuse or a reason for anything anymore.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rpfc said:

He really didn’t.

He said we train with a high load all the time. 

It’s not loading if you did it all the time…

Extra training around the bye week is not a loading regime. It’s extra training around a bye week. 

Loading is not an excuse or a reason for anything anymore.

careful.....logic alert......  lol

• Haha 1

Rewatched the first half. Both teams fell in a hole due to fatigue for the last 10 mins of the 2nd quarter but prior to that we wrre excellent. Those lamenting our ball movement should go and rewatch because we opened them up a number of times for easy marks inside 50. We just kicked 1.5 from those set shots.

Loved Tracs game, so mature. McVee, Salem, Bowzer what a great trio we have there. Just quietly I think Grundy is starting to settle in very nicely indeed.

This was a game we were in total control of, bookies had the line at 15, we won by 17 and expected scote was far higher again. Adressed some issues around stoppage and clearance. Not sure what some people want, its June, Rome wasnt built in a day etc etc

On a final note in Kozzie's flying, i'd be surprised if the coaches are trying to coach out his enjoyment and natural instincts. Think he would be the worse for it (theyve clearly focussed on adressing his rough conduct instead).

Time to look forward to KB.

• Like 8