Old Scarves

Brilliant. I've saved up a bunch as well to do this, and then saw Jeff Farmer's wizard costume at Freeze MND made from old scarves, and was hooked. No idea how you'd make one, however.

FightMND Big Freeze 7: The best sliders from annual Queen's Birthday  fundraiser | PerthNow

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Ponchos.  Our son mad one.  Keeps him warm, and looks great!  A fantastic way to show the longevity of your support through ‘thick & thin’.

Edited by Deeoldfart
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I use my Neeld-era scarf as a windbreak to prevent warm air escaping to the unused parts of my house in Winter.

It's pretty much the best use that scarf could hope for - I sure didn't wear it to many games.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Chook said:

I use my Neeld-era scarf as a windbreak to prevent warm air escaping to the unused parts of my house in Winter.

It's pretty much the best use that scarf could hope for - I sure didn't wear it to many games.

Pristine condition then

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, In Harmes Way said:

Brilliant. I've saved up a bunch as well to do this, and then saw Jeff Farmer's wizard costume at Freeze MND made from old scarves, and was hooked. No idea how you'd make one, however.

FightMND Big Freeze 7: The best sliders from annual Queen's Birthday  fundraiser | PerthNow

poor old jeff. that's the worst case of piles i've ever seen 😮

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 3:48 PM, layzie said:

How cool is that! Nice job!

My mum drove around with my 2005 members scarf on her dashboard for months after the flag, suffice to say it's become rather faded. 

On 4/12/2023 at 6:17 PM, Chook said:

My 2011 Neeld era scarf was a prized possession for me after we won in 2021 as it was proof I wasn't some cheap band wagon jumper.  Think I actually lost it sometime last year and I'm devo. 

Also annoyed that I got rid of a whole bunch of others from that era as I couldn't justify having a whole draw full and got rid of them when my wife got up me one day about the room being a mess.

Absolutely treasure my 2021 members scarfs and probably over the premiers ones, which I never bought.  I'm hoping the 2023 one might become treasured in much the same way after September and it's a better more classic design too.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

My 2011 Neeld era scarf was a prized possession for me after we won in 2021 as it was proof I wasn't some cheap band wagon jumper.  Think I actually lost it sometime last year and I'm devo. 

Also annoyed that I got rid of a whole bunch of others from that era as I couldn't justify having a whole draw full and got rid of them when my wife got up me one day about the room being a mess.

Absolutely treasure my 2021 members scarfs and probably over the premiers ones, which I never bought.  I'm hoping the 2023 one might become treasured in much the same way after September and it's a better more classic design too.

They do take up a fair bit of wardrobe real estate.

I never got a premiers scarf either, the members scarf from that year does it for me as well.

I had a scarf from 92 that I wore for close to 20 years until 2009 when it was lost in a move, likely thrown out erroneously. 

I've been wearing my 2010 scarf since. IMO it's the best of the "membership" scarves. Simple design, thick, and long.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 1:49 PM, Yarra Valley Demon said:

Trying to find a use for years of scarves, the mum in law turned a bunch of them into blankets to keep the kids warm at the footy.  Plz ignore the mess 🙈

20230412_134209.jpg

That's truly fantastic.

But you shouldn't call your kids 'The Mess'. 😁

• Haha 2