Kozzy Pickett Re-Signs for 4 Years

Maybe the club can buy a handsome mansion in a very attractive location somewhere around Melbourne.

Uncle Byron's seasonal holiday house, you know during AFL season 😉

Just now, The Jackson FIX said:

Great to hear Byron jumped on board for the pitch, frightening to hear it is in the position where they needed to ask Byron to jump on board for the pitch.

Maybe it’s not frightening maybe it’s about getting family involved because family is important to him. 
I don’t think they got Byron to read his contract. They probably got him in for a chat and to talk about how limited a time you have playing footy and how important it is to do it in a good environment like the one we are offering him. 
The fact that his own uncle who also happens to be a decorated footballer is advocating for our club is a wonderful position to find ourselves in. I imagine that if Jackson’s mum advocated for our club he might not be getting plastered on the back of every WA publication calling him No Action Jackson. 

I also imagine he’d be having chats to another uncle of his, Neville, who I’m sure would also be encouraging him to stay. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

14 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Maybe it’s not frightening maybe it’s about getting family involved because family is important to him. 
I don’t think they got Byron to read his contract. They probably got him in for a chat and to talk about how limited a time you have playing footy and how important it is to do it in a good environment like the one we are offering him. 
The fact that his own uncle who also happens to be a decorated footballer is advocating for our club is a wonderful position to find ourselves in. I imagine that if Jackson’s mum advocated for our club he might not be getting plastered on the back of every WA publication calling him No Action Jackson. 

I also imagine he’d be having chats to another uncle of his, Neville, who I’m sure would also be encouraging him to stay. 

I meant more so that it is so on knife’s edge that they’re calling in the big guns.

They’re not calling on Byron if they’re confident his signature is a fait accompli 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deeTRACted said:

Lets not discount how involved his manager will be in this. Managers have to play a little hard to get to try and get the best for their client.

Also, on ya Bryon!

AND remember best for themselves. More money for Kozzie means more money for the manager. That aside wonder what that ex Port so called champion has to say now particularly when he said Kozzie will go to Port as his uncle, Bryon was an ex player there. He forgot Bryon also played at the Demons. Great Bryon is backing us in this saga.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whatwhat say what said:

that seems be what the article is saying

Didn't read it to be honest, just the headline jargon about meeting with family during Gather Round to discuss his future. Click bait much.

• Facepalm 2

5 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I don’t get the city life thing one bit. It’s not like Perth or Adelaide are country towns. They are still big and have their own football crazy media. 

have you lived in Perth?

I think we all need to get over LJ. He is not that former number 1 pick who left us for money, not to go home to family, but to the Giants and on the way out, slammed our club and our young future captain, telling porkies about only visiting Sydney to have a look around, when videos that were obviously made weeks earlier, were the next day available for sale ,about him becoming a Giant.

LJ went home, on a crazy contract we would not and should not have matched and also for family reasons, that are fully understandable to those that know of them. We need to move on.

I will not boo LJ, like I booed the other guy, who had an unremarkable career at 2 more clubs and is the only footballer I can really ever recall booing.

Good luck LJ, you always will be a Dees Premiership player.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

WA publication calling him No Action Jackson. 

Gee that's tough. I wish I could remember more often not to get caught up in the emotion of a game and not bag players. At least not ours. I know many posters think Lj did our club wrong and maybe he did but gee what a lot of pressure some of them are under.  I think what happened to Watts was really rough and the guy did incredibly well to weather all the critics.  Yea they get big bucks but I'm sure it's tough for them to be under so much scrutiny.

I really hope Kozzie stays with us during our so called flag window of the next 3 to 4 years. Yep, he has the chance to go home and be part of the collective blame for a clubs failings or in later decades say ....yea I was a part of that Demon Dynasty of three premierships.  Looking forward to seeing him play this weekend. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Great to hear Byron jumped on board for the pitch, frightening to hear it is in the position where they needed to ask Byron to jump on board for the pitch.

I reckon it just demonstrates the professionalism of the club. 

Pull out all stops to keep a generational player.

The article was adamant that its not a cash issue.  So the Club understands this and well done for using the Byron connection as part of the selling team. Kudos to Byron also .  The Dees are clearly best fit if Kossie can make Melbourne work as a place to live. I suspect Byron understands this also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, layzie said:

Didn't read it to be honest, just the headline jargon about meeting with family during Gather Round to discuss his future. Click bait much.

I ended up reading this after some heat, yes I jumped the gun a bit and apologise. Was trying to be cool.

• Like 1

Apparently we have offered Kozzie a long term contract and if that is true, then it is fully understandable that he would need to take time to consider it.

However Goody was pretty positive in his presser this morning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 4/4/2023 at 9:33 PM, Jaded No More said:

Isn’t Uncle Nev employed by Collingwood these days?

21 minutes ago, Leopold Bloom said:

Isn’t Uncle Nev employed by Collingwood these days?

So? I guarantee you that he would still put his nephew’s best interest ahead of his new club.
Especially when the conversation regarding Kosi staying or going revolves around family and being closer to them. I don’t think leaving to another Victorian club is even on the cards. 

• Like 3