Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Will the next 2 games hurt us?

WERRIDEE

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:
2 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

If only Tom McDonald didn’t kick that goal after the siren in the Grand Final…

Was so typical of Tommy, trying to make it all about him. 😉

Edited by Monocology
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Nasher said:

When you’ve got absolutely nothing to worry about, but you’re a pathological worrier, so you invent something to be worried about.

I worry about my football team more than is healthy for an fully grown adult but even I’m not worried about these games. 

That is of course unless Mick Malthouse declares that we cannot lose. Then I’ll start [censored] myself. 

• Haha 4

I think the North game is fine - despite their struggles they are still managing to score, rather than going out with 4-goal games and that kind of rubbish. We will still have our defensive effort tested and that's the discipline part that matters.

West Coast I'm not worried about because I really think we should be aiming to absolutely shut them down. I know I'm not the only one who will relish any chance to humiliate that arrogant club, nevermind any revenge notions from 2018.

The truly alarming thing for West Coast is how many of their goals have come well after the came is decided - not quite junk time but not much different, either.

Counting back from round 8 to their win over the 'Pies (ha ha Collingwood), their first half goal tallies have been -

1, 2, 1, 2.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Lets just get in there, humiliate them and show why we are on top of the AFL ladder

corrected..

What margin can be considered a humiliation? Ie. At what point can DLers be satisfied?  

• Haha 1

As much as it's fun to speculate I am going to continue to be humble and just take it one game at a time.

As Simon Goodwin says...we need to respect the game and respect our opposition.

The Demons now need to focus on West Coast and deal with a new challenge playing over in Perth at Optus Stadium.

No point looking further than that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

McQueen  👉🏼  Sativa

Werridee  👉🏼   Indica

I’ll have to read up on these differences tomorrow when straight. 

Thank you for enriching my life through this post. 

🤣🥴

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

I think the North game is fine - despite their struggles they are still managing to score, rather than going out with 4-goal games and that kind of rubbish. We will still have our defensive effort tested and that's the discipline part that matters.

West Coast I'm not worried about because I really think we should be aiming to absolutely shut them down. I know I'm not the only one who will relish any chance to humiliate that arrogant club, nevermind any revenge notions from 2018.

The truly alarming thing for West Coast is how many of their goals have come well after the came is decided - not quite junk time but not much different, either.

Counting back from round 8 to their win over the 'Pies (ha ha Collingwood), their first half goal tallies have been -

1, 2, 1, 2.

2 hours ago, Supreme_Demon said:

As much as it's fun to speculate I am going to continue to be humble and just take it one game at a time.

As Simon Goodwin says...we need to respect the game and respect our opposition.

The Demons now need to focus on West Coast and deal with a new challenge playing over in Perth at Optus Stadium.

No point looking further than that.

This is an excellent tactic of Goodwin about respecting the opposition, gives them nothing to feed off and makes us hard to hate. Honestly I feel like we are the All Blacks of the AFL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't gamble (because it's stupid! but whatever, have fun everyone and do whatever you want) but I feel sorry for the 1-39 margin peeps trying to back us in over the next two weeks.  

3 hours ago, John Demonic said:

I hope we beat them both by under two goals each much to the chagrin of many a demonlander. And the fuel left in the tank is saved for 50 point beltings of Freo & Brisbane

I vote we belt all four!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Skuit said:

I don't gamble (because it's stupid! but whatever, have fun everyone and do whatever you want) but I feel sorry for the 1-39 margin peeps trying to back us in over the next two weeks.  

Gambling is stupid if you let it dominate you. Personally I put $ on our opponents every week and I’m thrilled to say that I’ve lost so much in the recent past. Pre-2021, not so much. It’s usually only $20 or so (except vs. Essendon where it’s $100 minimum, even if it means going without food and not paying rent for a week). It cushions the blow in the event of a loss (whatever a loss is; been so long I’ve forgotten).

PS: Capital B after the exclamation mark in your first sentence. Need I slap it into you! 🙄

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, picket fence said:

The only thing I'd be worried about is our players catching covid from those clowns!

Better take a bloody big cheese wheel over then!

z nation GIF by SYFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Gambling is stupid if you let it dominate you. Personally I put $ on our opponents every week and I’m thrilled to say that I’ve lost so much in the recent past. Pre-2021, not so much. It’s usually only $20 or so (except vs. Essendon where it’s $100 minimum, even if it means going without food and not paying rent for a week). It cushions the blow in the event of a loss (whatever a loss is; been so long I’ve forgotten).

PS: Capital B after the exclamation mark in your first sentence. Need I slap it into you! 🙄

Betting against our 8-0 side I can’t believe that! At what point do you decide you’re throwing money down the toilet 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Soft opposition that are not up to AFL standard. Could we fall into bad habits? What are demonlanders thoughs?

An excellent question Werridee.

Yesterday at the game everyone around me at half time were blown away by the sheer class of the Dees (and conversely about about how over-rated are the Saints).

It was beauty to behold. Then came a lacksadaisical 3rd quarter on the back of some good Saints planning, leaving us to rue the final % increase of 3% which could have been 6% had we continued on.

So next week especailly will be fascinating.

But as an aside, kudos to ANB and Pickett coming in and showing that forward half pressure in spades the Dees really missed last week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sisso said:

Betting against our 8-0 side I can’t believe that! At what point do you decide you’re throwing money down the toilet 

I went into this years ago knowing right from the outset I was throwing money down the toilet. Thing is, Sisso… I WANNA THROW MONEY DOWN THE TOILET! Soz for yelling, but that’s the point. When I lose $ it means we’ve won. It’s like paying for a win. And I’m happy to pay for a win. And especially happy to pay dearly for a win over Essendon. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I went into this years ago knowing right from the outset I was throwing money down the toilet. Thing is, Sisso… I WANNA THROW MONEY DOWN THE TOILET! Soz for yelling, but that’s the point. When I lose $ it means we’ve won. It’s like paying for a win. And I’m happy to pay for a win. And especially happy to pay dearly for a win over Essendon. 

haha like laying Winx, you would have been better off putting $100 on us to win in round 1 and letting it ride into each week

• Thinking 1

8 hours ago, DEE fence said:

This is an excellent tactic of Goodwin about respecting the opposition, gives them nothing to feed off and makes us hard to hate. Honestly I feel like we are the All Blacks of the AFL.

Please don't ever say that again. I want to continue to love my club.

17 minutes ago, sisso said:

haha like laying Winx, you would have been better off putting $100 on us to win in round 1 and letting it ride into each week

Oh Sisso. Don’t you see?! Easy to say I should’ve put $100 on us in Round 1 (cheers for that, hindsight). Imagine had we lost. I would’ve suffered two losses in one fell swoop: a Dees loss and $100 down the toilet, (apparently our go-to for wanton wasting of $). 
By backing AGAINST us every week I’m assured of one win. Either a Dees win (ideal) or a monetary win (not ideal but an adequate second-best). 
Anyways, my method works well. Last year I lost $ on every one of our wins. But for the few losses the odds were such that I probs broke even for the year. Hashtag winning 😁

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Oh Sisso. Don’t you see?! Easy to say I should’ve put $100 on us in Round 1 (cheers for that, hindsight). Imagine had we lost. I would’ve suffered two losses in one fell swoop: a Dees loss and $100 down the toilet, (apparently our go-to for wanton wasting of $). 
By backing AGAINST us every week I’m assured of one win. Either a Dees win (ideal) or a monetary win (not ideal but an adequate second-best). 
Anyways, my method works well. Last year I lost $ on every one of our wins. But for the few losses the odds were such that I probs broke even for the year. Hashtag winning 😁

fair enough like a psychological pillow for the pain of losing - I would feel too dirty taking the cash on us losing thought!

I reckon once you're on a good thing stick to it hence my Winx example I loved that horse - $1.10 a time easiest 10% ROI in the world better than bank interest - Dees are a similar proposition at the moment can make 20-30% on a certain win pays for after match drinks or whatever

• Like 1