FIXTURE: Rd 12 to 15

Lucifers Hero

huge-mcg-clashes-to-headline-next-block-of-the-afl-fixture/

"The Round 12 fight for prime time will be hotly contested between the Hawthorn-Collingwood, Melbourne-Sydney and Western Bulldogs-Geelong matches. 

The Richmond-Carlton and GWS-Western Bulldogs matches in Round 14 and the Melbourne-Brisbane and Geelong-Richmond meetings in Round 15 are also expected to feature prominently".

I would have thought Melb-Syd was a no brainer for round 12.   Ditto Melb-Brisb in round 15.  Most of the other games are between mid table teams.

In round 13 we play Coll on QB and have a bye in round 14.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

huge-mcg-clashes-to-headline-next-block-of-the-afl-fixture/

"The Round 12 fight for prime time will be hotly contested between the Hawthorn-Collingwood, Melbourne-Sydney and Western Bulldogs-Geelong matches. 

The Richmond-Carlton and GWS-Western Bulldogs matches in Round 14 and the Melbourne-Brisbane and Geelong-Richmond meetings in Round 15 are also expected to feature prominently".

I would have thought Melb-Syd was a no brainer for round 12.   Ditto Melb-Brisb in round 15.  Most of the other games are between mid table teams.

In round 13 we play Coll on QB and have a bye in round 14.

Agree LH 

• Like 1

• Demonland changed the title to FIXTURE: Rd 12 to 15

Sydney play two Friday night games in a row before our meeting in round 12 so they might go for some variety and put the Dogs V Geelong game on Friday night. Collingwood can't play Hawthorn on  that Friday night as they've already had a 5 day break and play on Sunday in round 11.

For round 15 (Melbourne V Brisbane), they would've chosen Geelong V Richmond forever and a day for Friday night but I don't think you can go pass the perceived number 1 v number 2 seed for the Friday night game that weekend. Sydney V St Kilda an outside chance for Friday night, therefore giving us either Thursday or Saturday night.

For a leftfield prediction, They may indeed give us Thursday night  for Melbourne V Brisbane, so they have the 5 day break policy up their sleeve and thus give us another Thursday night game later in the year. We and Brisbane both have the bye the week before so the AFL can easily schedule a Thursday night game for this one. 

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 1

It would be great if the AFL could adjust Melbourne’s Round 8 fixture vs the Saints. It’s probably going to be billed as one of the games of the season but due to the poor scheduling by the AFL it’s got a 1:10pm Sunday slot on Mother’s Day of all days, it’ll be a poor crowd. I know it’s going to be a struggle for me to convince the wife to let me go to that game and I’m sure many others will be in that boat.

Cue the outrage of opposition supporters criticising Melbourne’s fan base when we get a poor crowd for it.

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

It would be great if the AFL could adjust Melbourne’s Round 8 fixture vs the Saints. It’s probably going to be billed as one of the games of the season but due to the poor scheduling by the AFL it’s got a 1:10pm Sunday slot on Mother’s Day of all days, it’ll be a poor crowd. I know it’s going to be a struggle for me to convince the wife to let me go to that game and I’m sure many others will be in that boat.

Cue the outrage of opposition supporters criticising Melbourne’s fan base when we get a poor crowd for it.

Just mention to your wife the you missed the majority of games in 2020 and 2021 including one pretty big game in particular, and I'm sure you'll then get a leave pass.

Agree with you in that Mother's Day is a poor fixture and the AFL deliberately have two Friday night games that weekend in order to play one less game on the Sunday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

On another matter the Swans V Lions game this weekend should not be the 4:40 Sunday slot. It's the game of the week and should be on prime time.

It might be game of the week but it's two teams based in rugby heartland and probably not likely to have the viewer numbers it deserves, whenever it's scheduled. Hence, Channel 7 was always unlikely to want it in prime time. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

It might be game of the week but it's two teams based in rugby heartland and probably not likely to have the viewer numbers it deserves, whenever it's scheduled. Hence, Channel 7 was always unlikely to want it in prime time. 

I can't see how that's correct. Even the most popular team in the competition only accounts for 10% or less of the viewing public. Assume Richmond and West Coast supporters represent 20% of all viewers between them, that leaves the other 80% who would presumably much prefer to watch a cracking game between two top 4 teams wherever they come from

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demons11 said:

Agree! 
Having WC and Tigers on this Friday is a disgrace.

Agreed.

when were all these bottom of the table clashes on a friday night when we were terrible??

• Like 5

3 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

We've just transferred our traditional large family lunch to the MCG 1😁

Given all my cousins and aunties and uncles are all either Demons or Saints - we've gone bugger mothers day lunch - we can all catch up at the G  :cool: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Agreed.

when were all these bottom of the table clashes on a friday night when we were terrible??

This sort of fixturing combined with Ch 7 commentary team.

And they wonder why ratings are down?

• Like 3
  • Vomit 1

Round 12 - Melbourne v Sydney
Date: Saturday 4th June
Time: 7:25pm (AEST)
Venue: MCG
Broadcast: Seven Network

Round 13 - Collingwood v Melbourne 
Date: Monday 13th June (Queen’s Birthday Round - replacement game for Melbourne members)
Time: 3:20pm (AEST)

Round 14 – BYE

Round 15 - Melbourne v Brisbane
Date: Thursday 23rd June
Time: 7:50pm (AEST)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

We couldn't buy another Friday night game this year.

Thursday night against Brisbane will ensure we don't get more than 35k.

As I predicted above, I had a feeling they'd give us a Thursday night game for the Brisbane MCG game. Both sides have the bye the week before so they were able to easily slot this game for a Thursday.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Round 12 - Melbourne v Sydney
Date: Saturday 4th June
Time: 7:25pm (AEST)

Round 13 - Collingwood v Melbourne 
Date: Monday 13th June (Queen’s Birthday Round - replacement game for Melbourne members)
Time: 3:20pm (AEST)

Round 14 – BYE

Round 15 - Melbourne v Brisbane
Date: Thursday 23rd June
Time: 7:50pm (AEST)

Thursday night game is at 7:20 not 7:50. Dees been shafted for the Swans game.

I just don't get the AFL love for the Bulldogs.  They have already had 3 Friday nights and umpteen Wed, Thurs and Saturday nights.  Now they get another two Friday nights and a stand alone Saturday night.

Also, scheduling us to play Brisb on a Thurs night means we don't get a full bye with just a 9 day break after the QB game, whereas other teams, like the Bulldogs get a 16 day break for their bye.

Yes, I am picking on the Bulldogs but they are neither a big club nor a successful club in 2022 and that is not likely to change in a hurry.

The Friday night games in this group are:

• Western Bulldogs v Geelong
  • Essendon v Carlton
  • St Kilda v Essendon

Hardly 'Games Of The Round'.  AFL pandering to the Bombers again!

Rant over!

We will be successful regardless of the fixture but crikey they haven't done the club or the fans any favours.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Hopefully Collingwood's season has well and truly been kicked into the long grass by the time QB comes around. It's their home game and I don't want to be in the vicinity of their unwashed masses. 

Two Essendon Friday night games make a mockery of the rolling fixture and it's supposed showcasing of the game of the round. 

As for our games I have no problem with the dates & times. We don't turn up in great numbers regardless of when our game is.

• Like 2

Honestly, you’ve potentially got the two best teams to play off on a Friday night & the muppets put it on a Thursday? For [censored] sake

Even more lol because the Friday night game is dogs v hawks??!!

GTFOH🤬

Look, I love Thursday night footy but Friday night lights will ALWAYS be King!

• Like 2

Get stand-alone Thursday and Saturday night around QB and what do we have to greet these marquee fixtures? Melbourne fans readying their excuses and dusting off their reasons for not going/not having good a crowd/being out numbered by fans of teams that do not exist anymore (Fitzroy/Sth Melb)…

Sad really.

• Like 2
  • Angry 2

1 hour ago, rpfc said:

Get stand-alone Thursday and Saturday night around QB and what do we have to greet these marquee fixtures? Melbourne fans readying their excuses and dusting off their reasons for not going/not having good a crowd/being out numbered by fans of teams that do not exist anymore (Fitzroy/Sth Melb)…

Sad really.

Exactly. Stop worrying about who plays when. We are getting prime time slots and these are some of the best games of the H&A season. 

You can all sleep when you’re dead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4