Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs GWS

Demonland

• Demonland changed the title to POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs GWS

That second half of the third quarter would totally demoralise any opposition.  💙♥️

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, layzie said:

This has gotta be an easy team to coach right now, running hard to the end always doing the team things.

All credit to Goodwin.
I've been a critic but that's all in the past.

How long till all the coaches are on the boundary line?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Yet to beat a top 8 side.

Yet to play one….

and again we have only beaten teams below us on the ladder 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Amazingly relaxing to watch.

I didn’t feel stressed for one minute tonight. 

I would have liked us to have surpassed our Festival of Hate©️winning margin, but I’ll take it.

We’ve always had silky skilled players in our team but never have I seen a Melbourne team where all on the pitch can be trusted to execute by foot like this team. Choco Williams should be preserved Walt Disney style upon his passing for the job he’s done with cleaning up our field kicking. The pure accuracy extended that first quarter lead beyond where it should have been under normal circumstances as GWS’ endeavor was top notch.

That felt like a Melbourne win where all the players who should be playing well did. Tracc, Gawn and Clarry were all amazing. I’ll give my BOG however to Steven May. The bloke was a dead set miser and rarely wasted a possession when he got his hands on it. 

My mind is now made up on the two tall setup: it’s Tomald and Brown unless Van Rooyen produces the type of footy in the Magoos that demands a senior call up. Unless Weed miraculously learns to bust open packs, keep his feet upon spillage or to sprint when making a second effort rather than casually jog, I can’t keep him in the team.

We now face a Richmond side next week keen to stay among the pack so we’ll need to keep our wits about us. 

10 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

he moment Tassie are announced as having a team, they will instantly have more significance than GWS and Gold Coast combined, probably with twice as many legitimate supporters too.

That is correct - long awaited.

• Like 1

Just now, Clint Bizkit said:

How good did Petty look.

Incredible to think how quickly he has gone past Tomlinson (albeit with a serious knee injury).

Tomlinson looked underdone this year but Petty looked better than ever.

Any argument about who should play was put to bed today.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Amazingly relaxing to watch.

I didn’t feel stressed for one minute tonight. 

I would have liked us to have surpassed our Festival of Hate©️winning margin, but I’ll take it.

We’ve always had silky skilled players in our team but never have I seen a Melbourne team where all on the pitch can be trusted to execute by foot like this team. Choco Williams should be preserved Walt Disney style upon his passing for the job he’s done with cleaning up our field kicking. The pure accuracy extended that first quarter lead beyond where it should have been under normal circumstances as GWS’ endeavor was top notch.

That felt like a Melbourne win where all the players who should be playing well did. Tracc, Gawn and Clarry were all amazing. I’ll give my BOG however to Steven May. The bloke was a dead set miser and rarely wasted a possession when he got his hands on it. 

My mind is now made up on the two tall setup: it’s Tomald and Brown unless Van Rooyen produces the type of footy in the Magoos that demands a senior call up. Unless Weed miraculously learns to bust open packs, keep his feet upon spillage or to sprint when making a second effort rather than casually jog, I can’t keep him in the team.

We now face a Richmond side next week keen to stay among the pack so we’ll need to keep our wits about us. 

the precision kicking was extraordinarily 

• Like 2

Apparently we are playing a ‘very good team’ next week. Does anyone at Channel 7 or SEN know anything about Football? Adelaide won because Burgess is their Fitness Coach and Richmond have no Martin and are on the decline.Why don’t the media see that teams go up and down and that teams like Essendon and Richmond will struggle for a while until they get their lists right!

But hey, Go Demons!

Edited by Thehardtackler
  • Like 3

It’s impossible to be objective as a fan.

The recent dominant teams put the foot on the neck.

We’re still happy to keep cruising.

Oliver and the midfield got [censored] off and we kicked four in five minutes.

Despite our forward-line still being up in the air.

Our defence is ridiculous. See that static play-on call in Q2.

Like last year, do we need a real challenge to flex our muscles?

What’s our time-leading stats this year?

Commentary: “They almost have the other side in a trance.”

Where do we do sit?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

What a great team game. So many contributors. 

As much as I love Benny Brown, I don't think you can drop either of TMac or Weid - both contributed really well.

Wash ur mouth out! BBB SUPERIOR in every way to these two Comes in next week NO DOUBT

• Like 2
  • Haha 1