Pies into Petracca?

Demon3564

Said this before, will say it again.

We have a successful 2021, sure clubs will come knocking but there will be no reason to move.

We have years like the last 2 and we can kiss goodbye to Trac and Oliver.

The ball's in our hands ladies and gentlemen...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DubDee said:

I’m sure every team would love Trac. Zero chance he goes to an imploding rabble like the pies though

Tracca deserves the reward of a Demon flag. It is coming and he knows it. Another hard season, a clean-out of minor consequence, a re-kindling of great recruiting outcomes, and a Demon-loyal moving into the coaching and game plan disarray (over the past few years). There is also a list of capabilities and youthful enthusiasm in the wings of recoveries from injury to add depth and potency to game-day selections; all armies require foot-soldiers by the bucketload, but a few of these 'forgotten' troops can operate at the NCO level, some are even more adept than this marque. 

Tracca is a realist - he proved this last season, improving to another level to better commit and perform for the sake of the Mighty Dees. He will not let this pass - he will push on - he is a loyal and driven red'n'blue so the Filth can jump in the muddy lake.

• Like 1

Petracca will obviously be a target for all sides and he has the emotional element with the Pies. That said, I am sure he loves the MFC players and the club.

My take on the Collingwood trading situation is that the Pies put themselves in a hole by backloading contracts to win the flag and then bringing Beams in. This got worse when they agreed to the Grundy deal. To get themselves out of it, they had to either offload contracted players or let Moore, De Goey and/or Mihocek leave. They didn't want that given the importance to their side and De Goey having depressed value given his impending court case.

Treloar was seen as a good option to move because they have depth in the midfield and they felt they could fleece GCS out of pick 5 and offload his contract. Things then went awry when he didn't want to leave Melbourne and once you look to move on a player there is no real way to unwind it. The Bulldogs knew they were stuffed and took advantage. They also looked to move on Phillips, who they felt was not best 22 and Hawthorn took them to the cleaners. Stephenson was seen as difficult to coach/soft but I am sure they felt they would get a better return.

• Like 2

I can see the Pies asking harder questions about Weideman now that we have Brown. 

Not Trac. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, McQueen said:

I can see the Pies asking harder questions about Weideman now that we have Brown. 

Not Trac. 

I think every club will ask about Trac. He's borderline about to explode and clubs will find a way to fit him in regardless. Key forwards are good,  but when you have a guy that is potentially similar to Dusty in the way he influences games then I think I know what type of player I'd rather.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

So did Dion Prestia with the Dees and he went to Richmond.

The opportunity to win a flag trumps boyhood allegiances from what I can see. The chance to wear the red and blue wasn’t a factor when Mr C Judd returned to Melbourne. In fact IIRC he used the Demons link to create some competitive tension and improve his deal with Carlton. What an A**hole.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

The opportunity to win a flag trumps boyhood allegiances from what I can see. The chance to wear the red and blue wasn’t a factor when Mr C Judd returned to Melbourne. In fact IIRC he used the Demons link to create some competitive tension and improve his deal with Carlton. What an A**hole.

Yes indeed. I remember there were Posts on here at the time, where “Juddy” came to watch Demon Games and decided it was better not to join Melbourne...

It made me sick. There was nothing worse than seeing Visyboard adds on the Scoreboard whenplaying Carlscum

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

Pretty smart I would have thought.  Footy being the professional sport it is, is a business these days; childhood loyalties mean nothing.  Of course players will want to set themselves up for the best possible future for them and their families and in this dog eat dog world we now live in, who could blame them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

That's not going to stop players from going to the pies mate.

They're a big club. They'll naturally attract good players.

I reckon that might be changing.  who is the last gun they have attracted?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I also thought I head Trac mention Pendlebury having something to do with his good season this year. Once again doesn’t mean a lot.

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Family are big pies supporters, & he grew up one. Not that that means anything.

Matt is trying to stir the pot.

Not that it means anything...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hardtack said:

Pretty smart I would have thought.  Footy being the professional sport it is, is a business these days; childhood loyalties mean nothing.  Of course players will want to set themselves up for the best possible future for them and their families and in this dog eat dog world we now live in, who could blame them.

I’ve no issues with Judd turning down the Demons. We were a rabble at the time. I reckon I would have done the same.

I don’t like the way he used the club for leverage. I would not have done that. Childhood loyalty matters to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1