Jump to content

  • Podcast:     

  • Podcast:     


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

Compared to other clubs we have been well served by injuries this year. Last year we were exposed badly when our bottom six were unable to at least play a role.

With Bowie and Laurie still a while away, I'd be  tempted to add one or two classy flankers if they are available... Maybe we can poach someone like Conor Stone from GWS or Sam Flanders from Gold Coast?

i am unsure of the point of bringing in players from oppo sides who will be 'good depth' - particularly if they can't make the 22 of the side that they're in now, i'd have doubts on them making ours

for instance i worry about the likes of dow or petrevski-seton at carlton, geelong's narkle, or someone like ainsworth at gc17 who is constantly in and out of his current side despite being ostensibly a 'useful' player - mebbe they're like chandler or baker for us, and solid depth?

ideally you add best 22 players to push those on the fringes of yr best side out, not keep them in - it's why if we are targeting someone from another club, i'd love if it was maynard from the filth, cerra from freo, peptides' zerrett (or parish), or either duursma or butters from the pear...the latter are just blue-sky dreaming

personally i would expect our salary cap judgement to be fine, and given the raft of signings that we have made and extensions / re-contracts we have executed we should be in a decent position to augment our side with a a quality pick-up from somewhere else either this off-season or next

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brown and smith are coming, hind I think will as well, and there are two other players who’d walk into our best 22 that haven’t been mentioned on here that I’ve been asked not to name. But I’m sure de

I understand the attraction of this philosophy but I think for us it's flawed. We have some very good players.  Petracca, Gawn, May and Oliver are very top shelf, they have few equals in the AFL

You are kidding? Trade Oliver? Wow. I don't think you'll ever come back from that.

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

i am unsure of the point of bringing in players from oppo sides who will be 'good depth' - particularly if they can't make the 22 of the side that they're in now, i'd have doubts on them making ours

for instance i worry about the likes of dow or petrevski-seton at carlton, geelong's narkle, or someone like ainsworth at gc17 who is constantly in and out of his current side despite being ostensibly a 'useful' player - mebbe they're like chandler or baker for us, and solid depth?

ideally you add best 22 players to push those on the fringes of yr best side out, not keep them in - it's why if we are targeting someone from another club, i'd love if it was maynard from the filth, cerra from freo, peptides' zerrett (or parish), or either duursma or butters from the pear...the latter are just blue-sky dreaming

personally i would expect our salary cap judgement to be fine, and given the raft of signings that we have made and extensions / re-contracts we have executed we should be in a decent position to augment our side with a a quality pick-up from somewhere else either this off-season or next

I don't think anyone thinks paddy Dow is a remotely good player. He'll be out of the system in a year.  But nonetheless I agree with your sentiments.

Sometimes some players are just perfect fits for a certain side though. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 58er said:

This is about as speculative as a salary cap report as I have ever read. 
Done by an amateur with no credible knowledge of the figures of our list.

@rpfc had a crack at throwing some quick numbers together, to try and give the discussion a bit of foundation.

Your comment was poor and serves little purpose. If you have better numbers to work from, put them up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheesy D. Pun said:

@rpfc had a crack at throwing some quick numbers together, to try and give the discussion a bit of foundation.

Your comment was poor and serves little purpose. If you have better numbers to work from, put them up.

Sorry Cheesy,

This particular discussion is useless without credible $$$ details.

I don't have any better no's but I am not going to speculate without any knowledge when I know half of D/L will go off their brain with even the wildest figures for comment,

This  has the undesired effect of compromising all the good work of the List Managers and Footy Dept chiefs. If you had read my comment I disputed rpfc and indicated  I believe it was a beat up as why would we really recruit 2 players at both the SSP and now the Mid Season  Draft if we were under extreme  Salary  Cap pressure?

I gave great faith in the MFC management of our playing list and their recent record is both successful and consistently applied to our needs. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 58er said:

Sorry Cheesy,

This particular discussion is useless without credible $$$ details.

I don't have any better no's but I am not going to speculate without any knowledge when I know half of D/L will go off their brain with even the wildest figures for comment,

This  has the undesired effect of compromising all the good work of the List Managers and Footy Dept chiefs. If you had read my comment I disputed rpfc and indicated  I believe it was a beat up as why would we really recruit 2 players at both the SSP and now the Mid Season  Draft if we were under extreme  Salary  Cap pressure?

I gave great faith in the MFC management of our playing list and their recent record is both successful and consistently applied to our needs. 

So your contribution to the discussion is dismissiveness and to fold your arms and say the club knows what it’s doing? Ok then, you’d be fun at parties.

As for the cap pressure - I intimated that we would struggle to bring in any best XVIII players, not Werribee’s 5 time overlooked CHB.

And the replacement of injured players through the mid season draft has negligible  impact on the cap. If you want to read the CBA it’s here: https://www.aflplayers.com.au/app/uploads/2020/12/AFL_CBA_2017-2022-1.pdf

I would also get you to do some self reflection about what we can post about if we can’t engage in speculation?

Melkshams place in the team? Absolutely not, we don’t know the ins and outs of what he is asked to do. 

Gameplans? Goodwin and the players give hints but they are not going to tell us anything. The last month most of us have watched on TV - you can only speculate as to what players are doing.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We're on our way, if not already, to being a destination club. If a high profile player decides they want to come here there are ways and means to make it happen from a TPP perspective. I reckon we should bring in top end players (Merrett, Kelly, McKay) if we can and address depth through drafting.

Disclaimer: This comment is pure speculation based on 100% uninformed opinion. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

Disclaimer: This comment is pure speculation based on 100% uninformed opinion. 

Good disclaimer. 

Perhaps all posts should have an enforced signature to that effect.

I, four letters in a seemingly random order, anonymous poster would not wish to give the impression I am paid to give these opinions nor informed enough to be considered a leaker of information.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 58er said:

Sorry Cheesy,

This particular discussion is useless without credible $$$ details.

I don't have any better no's but I am not going to speculate without any knowledge when I know half of D/L will go off their brain with even the wildest figures for comment,

This  has the undesired effect of compromising all the good work of the List Managers and Footy Dept chiefs. If you had read my comment I disputed rpfc and indicated  I believe it was a beat up as why would we really recruit 2 players at both the SSP and now the Mid Season  Draft if we were under extreme  Salary  Cap pressure?

I gave great faith in the MFC management of our playing list and their recent record is both successful and consistently applied to our needs. 

I think it's completely rational to at least make a basic estimate of our TPP position before discussing what we're going to do in the trade period and you didn't challenge or dispute the numbers that @rpfc put up. 

Instead, you decided to call him 'amateur' and 'not credible'. That's playing the man and not the ball.

58er, you've made many good contributions to Demonland. This wasn't one of them.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dylan Stephens is out of contract for the Swan's, pick #5 from the 2019 draft where we picked up Jackson, etc:

Think he racks it up at VFL level but seems to be in and out of the Swan's senior side. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, adonski said:

Dylan Stephens is out of contract for the Swan's, pick #5 from the 2019 draft where we picked up Jackson, etc:

Think he racks it up at VFL level but seems to be in and out of the Swan's senior side. 

 

 

Don’t know much about him but worth a look. Is he not getting a run in Swans side? How has he played when he got in? One spot we can use is wing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, adonski said:

Dylan Stephens is out of contract for the Swan's, pick #5 from the 2019 draft where we picked up Jackson, etc:

Think he racks it up at VFL level but seems to be in and out of the Swan's senior side. 

 

 

Definitely outside silk, but in his draft year I thought he looked more like Ben Newton than Isaac Smith or a confident Brad Hill.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A F said:

Definitely outside silk, but in his draft year I thought he looked more like Ben Newton than Isaac Smith or a confident Brad Hill.

Yeah thought that may have been the case if he can't get a gig for young Swans side, very slim frame though, may take a bit to come on

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, MadAsHell said:

Lochie O'Brien (Carlton)

Darcy Tucker (Fremantle)

Jeremy Sharp (Gold Coast)

Dean Kent* (St Kilda)

Ed Richards (Western Bulldogs)

* Would be great to see him come back and get a crack at that midfield/wing position he reckons he didn't get a chance at here previously.

No, no, no, absolutely not, ask the question

On 6/11/2021 at 9:58 AM, Kent said:

So who is currently on our group of delistings next year

Jetta

Jones

Nietsche

Hore

Bedford

Lochardt

retire, retire, yes, no, yes, no

imo Jetta, Jones, vandenberg, Chandler, Bedford, Bradtke, JSmith, Baker

On 6/11/2021 at 10:25 AM, Kent said:

Yes Agree Cheesy Bowey a rplacement for Hibbo 2023 and Rosman a replacement for Langton. We also have Tomlinson to consider

What about Bradke after Jackson is he still required ?we have put a bit of work into him

 

can't believe we're replacing langdon already *facepalm*

can't take this thread very seriously when the first message i opened to today said Tom Mitchell (outside) if you looked up inside mid in the dictionary his face would be smiling straight back at u

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adonski said:

Dylan Stephens is out of contract for the Swan's, pick #5 from the 2019 draft where we picked up Jackson, etc:

Think he racks it up at VFL level but seems to be in and out of the Swan's senior side. 

 

 

Best mates with Kozzy also

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't think it's 100% accurate, but here is the list of uncontracted players at the end of this season, here's 10 (plus a bonus) that i'd be interested in seeing in red and blue in 2022:

  • harry mckay (carlton) - never gonna happen, primarily cos we are overstocked for key forwards and he'll want a massive payday, and we don't have the 'assets' to trade for him
  • john noble (collingwood) - would slot into our defensive make-up with his pace and ability to lock down on an oppo, but can't see the filth letting him go for that exact reason
  • darcy parish (essendon) - i was hoping the peptides were going to continue to waste him on the half-forward flank and as such he'd want to leave for more opportunity but unfortunately they saw the error of their ways
  • zac merrett (essendon) - should be a primary target as a rfa, if we have the $$ to accommodate him
  • adam cerra (freo) - so smooth, so classy, can't see us being able to satisfy peter bell and put a second feather in his cap after the hogan deal
  • jake riccardi (gw$) - going against my own ethos of 'don't want players who are in and out of other sides' but i think riccardi has been poorly treated by gw$ this year; only query is whether we'd see him as a tall back or forward - we'd likely only look at him if weideman leaves
  • changkuouth jiath (hawks) - lots of teams should chase him but i can't see him leaving  the hawks
  • (don tyson (north) - hoping casey recruit him to play at vfl level; he's just a nice guy and deserves to play for a good vfl side)
  • shai bolton (richmond) - can't see him leaving the tigers to go to another melbourne-based club; he'll either stay or flee west
  • jack billings (st. kilda) - as an rfa this year he could be a decent pick-up at a mid-tier price; he looks like he needs a refresh
  • ed richards (footscray) - love his combination of height and pace on the wing

i still think our best opportunity to bring in a best 22 player is go the rfa route - zerrett would be in our top few players, and billings would definitely be best 22

the other option is to look at the pre-agents of 2022; that is, those coming up as free agents next season - from this list, i would be keen to explore options for trading for these top 5 pre-agents:

  • brayden maynard (collingwood) - i think he should be our #1 target at the end of this season
  • darcy moore (collingwood) - i don't think he defends as well as others, but imagine may, moore, and lever as our tall defensive trio...
  • jordan de goey (collingwood) - if the filth are having a fire sale again and want to pay part of his contract in 2022, i would back our football dept and fitness staff to get him 'right' to be 'the next petracca'
  • karl amon (pear) - he wanted away two years ago and since then seems to have settled and is playing great footy as an inside / outside mid 
  • isaac heeney (sydney) - can't see it happening but does he want to experience footy in a big football town?
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if we need to give consideration to trade in, or perhaps draft, a young(ish) key position forward. Many on here are crying out for Weideman to be traded while Ben Brown and T-mac both have well known form and injury issues over the last couple years and nearing 30.

Jackson isn't really a forward and our only other kpf option that I wouldn't mind seeing (although not this year) is Petty.

Georgiades would be fantastic and I can see why Taylor was keen on him during his draft year. Unfortunately Port rarely lose players they want to keep and are also in finals contention so I can't see this happening.

Any other suggestions?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

it will be interesting to see whether, now josh mahoney is at the peptides, we're as much of a wheeler-dealer club as we have been lately

as i've said before, i would like to think we could use them both to get maynard; if not, i think we should be targeting footscray's first round pick

at the moment that sits as pick 17 - undoubtedly it'll slide back a few places in the actual draft, after father-son and academy selections, but it is little value to the dogs as they have luke darcy's son who will, undoubtedly, command a pick in the top handful when the push comes to shove, and after that first rounder their picks have no 'points' value whatsoever

at the moment the dogs have picks 17, 71, 89

we have picks 33, 38, 53, 90

if we can't prise maynard away from collingwood for 33 and 38 - and thus giving the filth the collateral to draft daicos, the consensus pick 1 or 2 at this stage, which they will need 2400 points to claim (they currently have the equivalent of 1677 with their draft picks) - then we should be looking to use them to trade into the first round for another club that needs 'points' - all of the filth, footscray, gw$ and i think gc17 have likely first round father-son / academy selections that they going to need to accrue points lest they go into 'debt' in 2022

the current value of 33 and 38 is 1028 points, or the equivalent of around about pick 17

if we add 53 to it it's the equivalent of 1261 points, approximately pick 13

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruck depth is an area i'd like to see us build in, there are some very good young rucks around the league developing in the 2's who'd potentially see a real opportunity, with Gawn getting older to learn off the best for a year or 2 with the view of taking his spot 

I'm not sure of his contractual status but Sam Hayes is someone i really rate from the Power, he's a very big lad, and very strong contested game, i reckon he can become a really really good player. his ruck craft probably needs some work but i'm sure Gawn and Stafford could help that alot. 

Port rate him so it wouldn't be a freebie, but realistically i'd expect the asking price to be reasonable 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted to hear talk (rumour) that we are after Brayden Maynard - who probably played his best ever game last Monday.

He's still only 24, is a left-footer which we need, and as with Hibberd, loves playing on quality smalls or three-quarter talls and is tough as nails.

He has an association with us via his dad and brother and significantly is part of the 2014 Victorian TAC group that we have put our faith behind - Trac, Angus, Lever.

I would imagine we'd have to offload the Weid plus picks 33 and 38 to get this done - but what a perfect recruit if it can be achieved.

I had been of the view that Hayden Young was the best fit for us in that role going forward, but Brayden is a here now quality player and given that Collingwood is in a rebuild phase, may be willing to switch. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2021 at 1:48 PM, whatwhat say what said:

i don't think it's 100% accurate, but here is the list of uncontracted players at the end of this season, here's 10 (plus a bonus) that i'd be interested in seeing in red and blue in 2022:

  • harry mckay (carlton) - never gonna happen, primarily cos we are overstocked for key forwards and he'll want a massive payday, and we don't have the 'assets' to trade for him
  • john noble (collingwood) - would slot into our defensive make-up with his pace and ability to lock down on an oppo, but can't see the filth letting him go for that exact reason
  • darcy parish (essendon) - i was hoping the peptides were going to continue to waste him on the half-forward flank and as such he'd want to leave for more opportunity but unfortunately they saw the error of their ways
  • zac merrett (essendon) - should be a primary target as a rfa, if we have the $$ to accommodate him
  • adam cerra (freo) - so smooth, so classy, can't see us being able to satisfy peter bell and put a second feather in his cap after the hogan deal
  • jake riccardi (gw$) - going against my own ethos of 'don't want players who are in and out of other sides' but i think riccardi has been poorly treated by gw$ this year; only query is whether we'd see him as a tall back or forward - we'd likely only look at him if weideman leaves
  • changkuouth jiath (hawks) - lots of teams should chase him but i can't see him leaving  the hawks
  • (don tyson (north) - hoping casey recruit him to play at vfl level; he's just a nice guy and deserves to play for a good vfl side)
  • shai bolton (richmond) - can't see him leaving the tigers to go to another melbourne-based club; he'll either stay or flee west
  • jack billings (st. kilda) - as an rfa this year he could be a decent pick-up at a mid-tier price; he looks like he needs a refresh
  • ed richards (footscray) - love his combination of height and pace on the wing

i still think our best opportunity to bring in a best 22 player is go the rfa route - zerrett would be in our top few players, and billings would definitely be best 22

the other option is to look at the pre-agents of 2022; that is, those coming up as free agents next season - from this list, i would be keen to explore options for trading for these top 5 pre-agents:

  • brayden maynard (collingwood) - i think he should be our #1 target at the end of this season
  • darcy moore (collingwood) - i don't think he defends as well as others, but imagine may, moore, and lever as our tall defensive trio...
  • jordan de goey (collingwood) - if the filth are having a fire sale again and want to pay part of his contract in 2022, i would back our football dept and fitness staff to get him 'right' to be 'the next petracca'
  • karl amon (pear) - he wanted away two years ago and since then seems to have settled and is playing great footy as an inside / outside mid 
  • isaac heeney (sydney) - can't see it happening but does he want to experience footy in a big football town?

I have to disagree re Billings in our best 22. I’m not entirely sure he’s in StKilda’s best 22 anymore. And that’s saying something.

  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Return to Glory said:

I have to disagree re Billings in our best 22. I’m not entirely sure he’s in StKilda’s best 22 anymore. And that’s saying something.

I think Billings would improve in our system and definitely be in our best 22 based on his best football. he's down this year, but so is basically the Saints entire club. my sense is though, his name being floated is purely about assessing his potential worth, and if they couldn't get a top 20 pick, it's probably not worth the trade from the Saints end. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

I think Billings would improve in our system and definitely be in our best 22 based on his best football. he's down this year, but so is basically the Saints entire club. my sense is though, his name being floated is purely about assessing his potential worth, and if they couldn't get a top 20 pick, it's probably not worth the trade from the Saints end. 

he started the season so well and since coming down with plantar fasciitis he's looked cruelled by the injury

it's almost a black mark on the aints that they're continuing to play him when he's clearly so hampered

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

he started the season so well and since coming down with plantar fasciitis he's looked cruelled by the injury

it's almost a black mark on the aints that they're continuing to play him when he's clearly so hampered

It's pretty ordinary. especially given they aren't a serious finals contender or anything, you'd definitely hope to see a bit more care shown for players, especially because every player always wants to play, but the club has a bit of a responsibiltiy to pull the pin if they're pushing through too much

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

he started the season so well and since coming down with plantar fasciitis he's looked cruelled by the injury

it's almost a black mark on the aints that they're continuing to play him when he's clearly so hampered

Was unaware of this. Thank you

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   2 members

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    HOT PIES FREEZE DEES by George on the Outer

    In the Annual Big Freeze game in support of Neale Daniher's fight against MND, it was Collingwood who froze the ambitions of the Demons, and it now challenges them to thaw out their prospects in the second half of the season. Even though Melbourne opened the scoring account, it was quickly countered by Collingwood, as the Demons appeared flat. And even though they held a minor lead at the first break, it was only through a couple of fortunate efforts, but nothing more.  All around

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    FROZEN by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne supporters are an unusual lot. Their lived experiences over years of witnessing their team’s humiliation at the hands of the competition’s bullies have left them suspended in a Bizarro World beset by a cognitive distortion know as 'mental filtering'. This is a phenomenon that occurs when people focus exclusively and blindly on long held belief systems. They refuse to accept that conditions have changed so when the evidence is present before their very own eyes, their minds are frozen.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 4

    CHANGES: 2021 MID SEASON by The Oracle 

    Since the end of the 2020 free agency, trade and draft period, AFL clubs have had two further bites of the cherry to top up their lists — the supplemental selection period (SSP) and the 2021 mid-season rookie draft (MSD). The main idea behind both was to enable the fulfillment of immediate needs as a result of injuries or unexpected retirements but this year, we have seen the added dimension of straight out recruitment for the future rather than for now. As a consequence, a number of ready

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    LION TAMERS by George On The Outer

    In an enthralling game between two top four sides, it was the Demons who tamed the Lions, and propelled themselves into the position of premiership favourite even though the season is barely past the halfway mark. This is because Melbourne keeps on beating those teams around them who might provide a challenge. Not only that, it keeps winning with emphatic displays of resilience and toughness that have not been seen in a Demons side for many, many years. Challenged in the first half of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DUELING BANJOS by Whispering Jack

    In the classic Australian poem, A B “Banjo” Paterson sought the answer by letter to a question concerning the whereabouts of a drover named “Clancy”. The response from Clancy’s shearing mate was written with a thumb-nail dipped in tar: “Clancy’s gone to Queensland droving, and we don’t know where he are.” Most of us would have felt a little bit that way earlier in the week wondering about the possible whereabouts of the Melbourne team for this week’s encounter against Brisbane. Were th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DOGGED DEEFENCE by George on the Outer

    “No-one let the Dogs out” was the Demons response for the (former) top side.  The Melbourne defence, capably lead by Steven May and Jake Lever simply suffocated any hopes that the Western Bulldogs might have had about leading the competition at the mid-way point. Instead, it is the Demons who now sit at the top of the ladder, again a game clear, while their supporters are starting to believe that this side is the real deal.  Pity is that those same supporters couldn’t watch their team demol

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LOOK AWAY DEMON FANS by The Oracle

    Last week I predicted a comfortable Melbourne victory for its game against Adelaide. “Something in the order of 61 points”, I opined. Well, after the game, I checked the wording of my preview very carefully from all angles and I have now concluded that I have to issue an apology to Demon fans. I got it wrong. I’m not bitter and twisted about my error in failing to predict the coaching errors, defensive mistakes, lack of forward pressure and, of course, the complete failure of those officiat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CALM BEFORE THE CALM by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons overcame a sluggish first half to run over the Sydney Swans in the second to record an emphatic 40 point victory, maintaining their undefeated record and retaining top spot on the VFL ladder. The game originally listed as part of the Round 4 fixture but delayed due to a Covid19 scare in Sydney and the scrappy way in which the teams approached the contest suggested that the players were still in delay mode. This applied in particular to most of the 12 AFL listed Casey player

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NOTHING TO CROW ABOUT by George On The Outer

    Melbourne’s nine game winning streak  came to an end in Adelaide with a one point loss to the Crows. Losing to a team that had only won three games for the season, having lost five in a row was certainly nothing to crow about.  All around the ground players collectively put in their poorest performance for the year.  The loss of Christian Salem before the match was critical, as his replacement Nev Jetta is a mere shadow the player he once was. The mind is still willing, but the body no

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    CRYING OVER SPILT MILK by The Oracle

    It had to happen sooner or later. Melbourne has been riding high through the season to date and, with the exception of a small bunch of nuff nuffs who are never satisfied with anything, the club has attracted more positive vibes from the community in these nine weeks than it did in the past decade. So it came as no surprise to see some low grade stirring of the sort which only the media could come up with at a time like this. The on line site Zero Hanger came up with an article that opined,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CATNIPPED by KC from Casey

    After winning big away from home across the first three rounds of the new look VFL competition, the Casey Demons were forced to dig deep against Geelong VFL at Casey Fields on Saturday. The traditional AFL based teams were evenly matched, fielding ten listed players apiece and this was reflected in the evenness of the game and the final margin which saw the home side leading by a solitary point on the final siren. Casey suffered an early blow when Jake Bowey came off with what ap

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    BLUES IN THE RED by George On The Outer

    While the Demons’ undefeated run continues unabated now at 9-0 their emphatic 26 point victory pushed the Blues to their sixth loss for the season and deeper into the red for the year. While Melbourne opened proceedings with an early goal, the Blues responded with the next two to grab an early lead.  However, as has happened in so many games this year, the Demons fought back to lead by just over a goal come the first break. This narrow lead was part of a streak either side of quarter t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...