Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade Targets

Flag Favourites 3019

Backs

Adam Saad

Games: 108

Role: attacking defender

Pros: speed, disposal

Cons: price

Zac Williams

Games: 112

Role: attacking defender

Pros: speed, disposal

Cons: price

Forwards

Jeremy Cameron

Games: 170

Role: tall agile forward

Pros: goals, experience

Cons: very pricey

Jack Gunston

Games: 207

Role: tall agile forward

Pros: goals, experience

Cons: getting on

Middle

Isaac Smith

Games: 210

Role: winger

Pros: endurance, disposal, experience

Cons: really getting on

Andrew Gaff

Games: 213

Role: winger

Pros: endurance, experience

Cons: very pricey

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Giants: Isaac Cumming 21yo.
Running small defender 184cm. 84 kgs. 4 years at Giants but stuck behind Williams and Heath Shaw.  With the sun setting on Jetta and Lockhart seemingly not in favour, Dees could grab Cumming. He’d fit really well into our defence.  Could even get a shot as a running mid. Good pace.
How to get it done ?
- Offer a 3 year deal.  Giants won’t offer that. Trade options. Swap for Preuss or Swap for Joel Smith. Or trade 3rd round (hopefully acquired for ANB back to Crows). 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Running small defender 184cm. 84 kgs. 4 years at Giants but stuck behind Williams and Heath Shaw.  With the sun setting on Jetta and Lockhart seemingly not in favour, Dees could grab Cumming. He’d fit really well into our defence.  Could even get a shot as a running mid. Good pace.
How to get it done ?
- Offer a 3 year deal.  Giants won’t offer that. Trade options. Swap for Preuss or Swap for Joel Smith. Or trade 3rd round (hopefully acquired for ANB back to Crows). 

Doubt we'd offer 3 years for a guy who has played 9 games of AFL and has been average at best.

Imagine a half back line with Saad and Williams on it. we'd immediately become on of the best rebound teams in the comp. 

It'd be costly. but if we could somehow get those two guys, and another wingman. it'd be a great result.

Think Williams might go elsewhere though

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Imagine a half back line with Saad and Williams on it. we'd immediately become on of the best rebound teams in the comp. 

It'd be costly. but if we could somehow get those two guys, and another wingman. it'd be a great result.

Think Williams might go elsewhere though

We have the basis of an outstanding defence, and yes, one dasher down there would be the icing on the cake. Might have been Hunt - once, but they've turned him into a mediocre half forward. (Disposal isn't good enough, too.)

1 hour ago, Redlagged said:

We have the basis of an outstanding defence, and yes, one dasher down there would be the icing on the cake. Might have been Hunt - once, but they've turned him into a mediocre half forward. (Disposal isn't good enough, too.)

I really do hope they go at Williams hard I don’t see Saad leaving. Williams will make a huge difference to our run and carry - where we have been turning it over so badly. Forward half turnovers are bad but defensive half turnover especially in transition will hurt you even more. This is where we have been terrible this year.

getting Isaac smith wouldn’t be the worst option either. We can use him to mentor and develop our wingers. Personally I think Fritsch would be a model wingman if he developed better endurance. He is a good mark, good field kick and a good decision maker. 

Edited by CYB
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 9:06 AM, spirit of norm smith said:

How to get it done ?

He played last night v the Saints although tough night for the giants.  16 possessions.  Looked comfortable and his pace and skills were certainly up to it.    I’m still looking at Cumming as an option for the small defender role. It appears Lockhart must have scratched Goodys car because he’s seemingly out of favour with the coach. 

• Like 2

Jeremy Cameron has looked about as out of form this season as Tom McDonald has for us.  His fall from grace has been even worse, considering he won the Coleman just last year.

To me it suggests that it might not be such a bad idea persevering with Mc Donald, as even the best players have had years.  I'm not sure that McDonald's mobility has been his No.1 issue this year.  He's got himself around the ground and to the right spots often enough, he just hasn't had the confidence to regularly clunck big marks inside 50, which had become one of his hallmarks.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 4:08 PM, CYB said:

I really do hope they go at Williams hard I don’t see Saad leaving. Williams will make a huge difference to our run and carry - where we have been turning it over so badly. Forward half turnovers are bad but defensive half turnover especially in transition will hurt you even more. This is where we have been terrible this year.

getting Isaac smith wouldn’t be the worst option either. We can use him to mentor and develop our wingers. Personally I think Fritsch would be a model wingman if he developed better endurance. He is a good mark, good field kick and a good decision maker. 

Williams apparently has offers up to 900k a year from Carlton and North, I'd say his bags are packed for Carlton to play midfield. As a defender Saad is every bit as good as Williams and appears frustrated with Essendon's direction, i'd say he's very gettable. I'd like us to chase another forward as well as Saad, Gunston would be my choice since he is a proven 40 goal a year forward and won't cost an arm and a leg.

Edited by Gawndog98

1 hour ago, Gawndog98 said:

Williams apparently has offers up to 900k a year from Carlton and North, I'd say his bags are packed for Carlton to play midfield. As a defender Saad is every bit as good as Williams and appears frustrated with Essendon's direction, i'd say he's very gettable. I'd like us to chase another forward as well as Saad, Gunston would be my choice since he is a proven 40 goal a year forward and won't cost an arm and a leg.

The talk on Gunston is promising but we have plenty of mid size forwards in stock. Milkshake, Fritsch and Hannan. Also throw Smith into the mix. We would have to get rid of at least one of those if we were to chase Gunston.

I wouldn’t mind experimenting with Fritsch on the wing - but he needs a lot of work on endurance if he is to keep up with Langdon. So hard call on the others. Hannan or Smith probably needs to go.

i dont think Carlton will bid on Williams they honestly can not afford him unless they are paying the rest of the team 200-300K. Remember they are paying Martin close to a million and they have Cripps on their books as well plus the other half a dozen other commanding player.

11 minutes ago, CYB said:

The talk on Gunston is promising but we have plenty of mid size forwards in stock. Milkshake, Fritsch and Hannan. Also throw Smith into the mix. We would have to get rid of at least one of those if we were to chase Gunston.

I wouldn’t mind experimenting with Fritsch on the wing - but he needs a lot of work on endurance if he is to keep up with Langdon. So hard call on the others. Hannan or Smith probably needs to go.

i dont think Carlton will bid on Williams they honestly can not afford him unless they are paying the rest of the team 200-300K. Remember they are paying Martin close to a million and they have Cripps on their books as well plus the other half a dozen other commanding player.

Kreuzer and Simpson just retired and others will go as well. Remember, they were hoping to get Papley.

2 hours ago, CYB said:

Apart from Fritsch, Gunston is miles ahead of the others. He's also more a key position player and would drag the number 1 defender away from Weid and Fritsch. Martin had a massively front ended deal, they were paying him 1mil this year and the rest will be sub 500k if my memory is correct, Carlton would have some significant cap space. I wouldn't be offering Williams anything more than 650k, gets massively hyped up because he's a free agent, Saad is every bit as good as him.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 8:43 AM, spirit of norm smith said:

He played last night v the Saints although tough night for the giants.  16 possessions.  Looked comfortable and his pace and skills were certainly up to it.    I’m still looking at Cumming as an option for the small defender role. It appears Lockhart must have scratched Goodys car because he’s seemingly out of favour with the coach. 

94% DE  

11kicks to 5handballs   

available cheaply   

improves our side   

On 9/19/2020 at 10:50 AM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

interesting that we're not being linked with any of the gw$ players who are on the wantaway market

I think we have to be very strategic as we've got very little currency to play with at the moment.

Both McDonalds will go and so if we can get picks for them, we might be able to package a deal.

Edited by A F
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, A F said:

I think we have to be very strategic as we've got very little currency to play with at the moment.

Both McDonald's will go and so if we can get picks for them, we might be able to package a deal.

No way we hold onto the future first I reckon.