No Gawn singing of our theme song??

Hogan2014

19 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

There were no officials in the rooms. Part of the problem

The problem was that Harmes wanted to video the song ( see the post And video in our website under Harmsey and winning) 

All Overlooked   that Gawn Tomo and Langdon were nit there and so the song went ahead.

Nothing to do with officials as they just stand and sing and clap! If in fact there were many or any!

If I was Gawny I Would  have been ropable about it fir myself but just as much as for the wingers Tomo and Langers who deserved to be in the centre with Jacko Harley and the great new man Rivers.

Whst was Jack Viney leadership group thinking and the other 18 who have now been entrusted with responsibility instead of a leadership group.

There are alarm bells ringing IMO already about leadership and the same out in the field when the Carlton fight back commenced to the end.

Of course a passive strangled response from our Coaches DOES NOT help at all and is so 2019!

A swap of Tommy for CHB and Smithy for FF fir 10 mins to make Weitering move and run might have changed dynamics during 2 and a half quarters ss our forward line hardly broke any records during this period.

This was always going to have two sides - those that think it's nothing, and those that think it was poor.

It was a bad look when I first saw it.  You've got a player that has captained his first win, and two new to the club players that were having their first win for us too.

I can remember few years back I was captain of a side.  It was our first season in a new competition, and we lost our first 8 games or so.  When we managed to jag out first win, I would've been ropable if they sang the some without me.

Regardless of the strange circumstances with social distancing, etc, you don't make these mistakes.  I questioned the club's professionalism last week, and this was just another head-shaking moment for mine.  We ask again, does this sort of thing happen at the "big" clubs?  I remember the Geelong blokes taking the wee a few years back, pretending to fall asleep during the song (think it was James Kelly and Stokes).  The behaviour got squashed by the leaders pretty quickly.

I think some underestimate the uncertaInty caused by the social distancing, where to stand, no support staff around etc. I've noticed several clubs doing it differently. Combine that with the peculiar emotions that might arise from squeaking a 1pt win from a 42 pt lead.  Those who want to confirm their views about the deficiencies will quickly see it as further proof.  I think too many are reading too much into this.  Let's concentrate on our obvious real problems.

• Like 2

So I just had a look at the footage off the website, it's still not the greatest look but Gawn doesn't look too unhappy about it. Aside from it not being sung with as much gusto they all sang it together.

Let's move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pates said:

So I just had a look at the footage off the website, it's still not the greatest look but Gawn doesn't look too unhappy about it. Aside from it not being sung with as much gusto they all sang it together.

Let's move on.

Gawn looks as awkward AF, May knew it was wrong, Viney wanted to crawl in to a hole. Shouldn't have happened. 

Side note, seriously hope they don't do a repeat of Hermes holding a gopro again. Cringeworthy footage at best, and something that the players should get to enjoy in the inner sanctum. We get the broadcast footage of the song, that's enough.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, Watts the matter said:

There was at least 4 players not around when they sang the song. They did it again once everyone was there but pretty poor form to go without several players.

As has been pointed out extremely poor!! but again.. typical MFC

• Like 1

It looks awkward, I think at some point one of the players was doing a cheer of some kind and someone else got excited thinking it was the start of the song and it rolled from there. Really though they shouldn't be leaving the ground without Gawn leading them off. He's the captain, surely that's obvious to them.

Hopefully it won't be long before they have an opportunity to do it properly!

7 hours ago, 58er said:

The problem was that Harmes wanted to video the song ( see the post And video in our website under Harmsey and winning) 

All Overlooked   that Gawn Tomo and Langdon were nit there and so the song went ahead.

Nothing to do with officials as they just stand and sing and clap! If in fact there were many or any!

If I was Gawny I Would  have been ropable about it fir myself but just as much as for the wingers Tomo and Langers who deserved to be in the centre with Jacko Harley and the great new man Rivers.

Whst was Jack Viney leadership group thinking and the other 18 who have now been entrusted with responsibility instead of a leadership group.

There are alarm bells ringing IMO already about leadership and the same out in the field when the Carlton fight back commenced to the end.

Of course a passive strangled response from our Coaches DOES NOT help at all and is so 2019!

A swap of Tommy for CHB and Smithy for FF fir 10 mins to make Weitering move and run might have changed dynamics during 2 and a half quarters ss our forward line hardly broke any records during this period.

Yeah but... that was too obvious!! OBVIOUSLY!!

12 hours ago, Pates said:

Really though they shouldn't be leaving the ground without Gawn leading them off. He's the captain, surely that's obvious to them.

I picked up on that too.

All winning clubs don't leave the ground until the last player has been interviewed - particularly the captain!

On 6/14/2020 at 7:20 PM, Salems Lot said:

James Harmes had been filming the end of the game; he seemed to get the team pretty excited on the way back in to the rooms.  They appeared to start on the back of his filming to maintain momentum.  Not a great look.  The skipper did not look particulary thrilled with it at first glance

? this

• Like 1

Nick Riewoldt claims it shows we lack maturity.

This coming from the former StKilda player who was captain when the following occured;

Players slept with underage highschool girls

2 players accused of rape

Reports of a drug culture problem

Playing group set a dwarf on fire

Players took photos of each other naked and uploaded them to the internet.

Good thing they won some premierships during this time or people might think that Nick is a bit of a [censored].

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/15/2020 at 6:40 AM, 3183 Dee said:

Yep, much as I dislike these petty criticisms, I have to admit that I thought the celebrations were OTT for a performance that was underwhelming. It was all a bit of a rabble, which reflected on the pitch for half the game.

You don't think perhaps they were letting off steam after the last 12 weeks where they've barely been able to train together let alone get out of the house etc?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BAMF said:

This coming from the former StKilda player who was captain when the following occured;

Good thing they won some premierships during this time or people might think that Nick is a bit of a [censored].

So it's fair to say he's more than qualified to make that call?

You can easily argue that St Kilda underdelivered during the 2008-2011 period.  Perhaps he was aware of where his side fell short and was pointing out a similar trait?

On 6/15/2020 at 10:35 AM, demonstone said:

Never has so much been posted by so many about something so insignificant.

While I do agree with that I think it does provide an opportunity for Gawn to make a deal out of it to let the group know they need to focus and be on the same page if they want to have any kind of success. Use it as a symbol of the mentality of the group, the mentality that allows us to give up big leads or gets too full of ourselves with a few good showings.

3 hours ago, BAMF said:

200.gif

Edited by Ethan Tremblay