Coronavirus & Other Sports

Demonland

2 hours ago, hardtack said:

Well, going on your logic, most Demonlanders must be right leaning, based on the similar victim mentality they display in the belief that the MFC is hated by the AFL and umpires ?

Victim mentality is a leftist thing also. The "phobe" is a lefty invention.

Appreciate the laugh though even if I disagree. Good stuff.

Just sick to death of politics in every damn thread here. Wish it would stop.

Edited by faultydet
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Just sick to death of politics in every damn thread here. Wish it would stop.

Hey, it’s the off season ?

• Haha 1

Just now, hardtack said:

Hey, it’s the off season ?

Imagine a season of 8 rounds.

Please God or (insert approved gender and race neutral deity here), make the politics stop. So tired of it.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

guy garvey would make a better pm than boris johnson, that's fer sure

Boris got Brexit done.

Nothing else matters once the globalist tentacles from Brussels are removed from the cradle of western civilisation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

To the simpletons who have been referring to the 'Spanish' flu in their lame attempts to protect China  -

There were relatively few deaths from the flu in China compared to other regions of the world.[22][23] This has led to speculation that the 1918 flu pandemic originated from China.[24][23][25][26] The relatively mild flu season and lower rates of flu mortality in China in 1918 may be explained due to the fact that the Chinese population had already possessed acquired immunity to the flu virus.[27][24][23]

Oh dear.....

• Haha 1

Take the charlson comorbidity index test

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/12063536

score 5 Or more and you won’t be eligible for a ventilator if Ovidified - in Italy at least

36 minutes ago, dino rover said:

Take the charlson comorbidity index test

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/12063536

score 5 Or more and you won’t be eligible for a ventilator if Ovidified - in Italy at least

“Keep on being Australian” says Morrison 

17 hours ago, faultydet said:

Boris got Brexit done.

Nothing else matters once the globalist tentacles from Brussels are removed from the cradle of western civilisation.

He just saved his pants, getting Brexit done,  literally moments before CoVid-19 did the job anyway.

And CV19 has sown why Brexit was wanted and needed... so WE control our own borders.

Next up_  Globalisation...  and the need to manufacture our own engineered items on-shore, using our own steel,  and our own gas for heating/energy...  Not for export.

Relying on a lying state/nation, is not to our benefit.    Use our own resources locally,  in particular,  our energy resource's.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 1:46 PM, Sir Why You Little said:

Hey i am overseas, travelling around

it is a huge overreaction 

But Hopefully it will cull a large chunk of the uneducated swill

Bit rough to say that even though it could be seen as an act of perfect biological warfare. That's a bit rough, too. Let me retract that statement. Retracted. How is China's economy going - starting to pick up? The US economy is in world-affecting turmoil. It will worsen as the virus continues to live, mutate, then wane in an enclosed retaliation by the scientists. Interesting times.

12 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Bit rough to say that even though it could be seen as an act of perfect biological warfare. That's a bit rough, too. Let me retract that statement. Retracted. How is China's economy going - starting to pick up? The US economy is in world-affecting turmoil. It will worsen as the virus continues to live, mutate, then wane in an enclosed retaliation by the scientists. Interesting times.

Oh yes. It’s only just begun

The longer it goes on the more I believe it is biological warfare

5 hours ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

To the simpletons who have been referring to the 'Spanish' flu in their lame attempts to protect China  -

There were relatively few deaths from the flu in China compared to other regions of the world.[22][23] This has led to speculation that the 1918 flu pandemic originated from China.[24][23][25][26] The relatively mild flu season and lower rates of flu mortality in China in 1918 may be explained due to the fact that the Chinese population had already possessed acquired immunity to the flu virus.[27][24][23]

Oh dear.....

Nice one... that’s a 3rd hypothesis! Here are the other two (which you’ve ignored as they probably don’t suit your China bashing agenda): 

“For many years, medical historians and epidemiologists hypothesized that the outbreak could have started at:

1. A British army base in Étaples, France

or

2. At Fort Riley in Kansas, where the first American cases of this new strain of flu were recorded in March of 1918.

• Like 1

So the NRL continues on and the AFL starts up.  But for how long?  I am a betting man so I can't see either sport operating in a month.  2 weeks or less is more likely and if it does cease we'll probably wonder why they even bothered starting up.

But there's a lot of money at stake with the players needing to receive 28% of 'budgeted' income for the year (not 'actual' income?) with the rest of the football departments (coaches included) probably being under the same banner.  That's a lot of expense across 18 clubs.  It's any wonder the NRL's Peter V'landys is on the front foot about the NRL's plight ... we haven't heard as much from Gil but it's the same story (IMO)

So if you believe they are just putting the games on to satisfy a sports hungry public,  you might want to have a re-think.

So where does the money come from if there are no games played?  The following excellent article better explains it all.

An extended coronavirus shutdown may change sport as we know it in Australia

Edited by Macca

2 hours ago, Macca said:

So the NRL continues on and the AFL starts up.  But for how long?  I am a betting man so I can't see either sport operating in a month.  2 weeks or less is more likely and if it does cease we'll probably wonder why they even bothered starting up.

But there's a lot of money at stake with the players needing to receive 28% of 'budgeted' income for the year (not 'actual' income?) with the rest of the football departments (coaches included) probably being under the same banner.  That's a lot of expense across 18 clubs.  It's any wonder the NRL's Peter V'landys is on the front foot about the NRL's plight ... we haven't heard as much from Gil but it's the same story (IMO)

So if you believe they are just putting the games on to satisfy a sports hungry public,  you might want to have a re-think.

So where does the money come from if there are no games played?  The following excellent article better explains it all.

An extended coronavirus shutdown may change sport as we know it in Australia

Thanks for that. Good read. 
i think the Commissioners need to take a pay cut very quickly

Long year ahead

11 hours ago, hardtack said:

Nice one... that’s a 3rd hypothesis! Here are the other two (which you’ve ignored as they probably don’t suit your China bashing agenda): 

“For many years, medical historians and epidemiologists hypothesized that the outbreak could have started at:

1. A British army base in Étaples, France

or

2. At Fort Riley in Kansas, where the first American cases of this new strain of flu were recorded in March of 1918.

From what I understand it is the second one. The U.S. troops then took the virus across to europe. The originator was a worker at a farm and got the disease from ducks or chooks just before he joined the army and was working in the kitchen.

• Like 1

Some insane profiteering going on:  A 1 Lt bottle of Aqium hand sanitzer which retails for $20.00 (but very hard to get) just sold on ebay for $390 after 66 bids.  I guess it is worth a lot more on the black market here or overseas. 

Hope the government catches the folks who are clearing stores then selling stuff on ebay or on the black market.  A scum thing to do; be it medication, toilet paper, Aqium or whatever.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1