Round 20 - Non MFC Games.

Dee Zephyr

2 minutes ago, MSFebey said:

I’d rather Collingwood win. With their injury list they won’t go far in finals. Gives us breathing space on swans for next week?

No Way. The Filth lose and we win, the Top 4 opens up. 

I would love a crack at Richmond in Week 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Even if Essendon losing was a bad result for us, it's hard not to smile knowing how miserable their supporters must be feeling right now. Another year of failure for Brendon Floggard. 

Watching those drug cheats enjoy finals last year (well, for 2 minutes before the bloodbath against Sydney) off the back of a compromised fixture (for artificially finishing 18th in 2016) while we missed out was insufferable and maddening. Even if we miss this year, I'll take solace from the fact the [censored] drug cheats missed too. 

Edited by SaberFang
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MSFebey said:

I still think Pies will slide anyway, I don’t want Swans to get their confidence up

The Swannettes are sitting right on the edge. If we are any good we will beat them next week

We must aim for Top 4. It is available...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Why oh why the around the corner? Take your full 30 kiddo.

No. 1 draft pick with a skunk-skin haircut gives North the game with a foolish rushed miss from 25 m with a set shot.

Doesnt matter how he played before that...Rayner lost it for Bris, and typical of North’s luck, kept them in the finals race.

He could hardly have missed if he’d lined it up, plus he could have taken another half minute off the clock.

Geelongs luck ran out last night. North’s will soon, I hope, though their run home is easy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CelebratingJade said:

We'll need to win all 4 games

Great. Will make up for the crap losses we had earlier. 

I understand people wanting certain teams to win or lose, i just want the MFC to keep winning, match harden for September, it’s wide open if the Filth lose and Josh Kennedy has a dodgy leg  

• Like 1

Glad Hawthorn won. If Essendon won there would have been 9th, 10th and 11th on 44 points. That’s 3 teams that can replace us in the 8. Big bummer that North won.

Edited by america de cali

14 minutes ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

No. 1 draft pick with a skunk-skin haircut gives North the game with a foolish rushed miss from 25 m with a set shot.

Doesnt matter how he played before that...Rayner lost it for Bris, and typical of North’s luck, kept them in the finals race.

He could hardly have missed if he’d lined it up, plus he could have taken another half minute off the clock.

Geelongs luck ran out last night. North’s will soon, I hope, though their run home is easy.

It felt so unreal. Like they were going to take it back or something. Unbelievable, North shouldn't miss from here.

Went to the Dorks - bummers game.  Neither has a game for finals.  No pressure,  must have been the lowest number of ball ups I’ve seen.  Low tackle counts.  Hawks too clever in their 50.  Bummers only good when they spread from half back.  Not scared of either.

We really need North to drop one of their last three. That will stop them getting to 14 and with the 17.2% gap between us that should mean 13 wins keeps us above them.

But we need another team to stay on 13 wins in order to play finals. Geelong is one option, they just need to lose to Hawthorn next week and 13 is their limit (though the percentage gap between them and us is only 8.5% at the moment). Sydney is another - they can only lose once to make it to 14 and they have GWS on the road as one of them. So if they drop one more (and for us to get to 13 that should hopefully be their game against us), they'll also cap out at 13.

The problems for us start with North running the table and moving to 14. If that happens, and if Geelong beats Hawthorn next week, the pressure ramps up for us. We'd then need Sydney to flop (losing to Collingwood tonight becomes very useful for us) but we probably also need Sydney to then knock Hawthorn off in the last round. Otherwise we're then starting to hope for Port or Collingwood to fall apart and only win once more out of their last four.

Of course, if we just take destiny into our own hands and get to 14 ourselves, none of this matters.

6 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

We really need North to drop one of their last three. That will stop them getting to 14 and with the 17.2% gap between us that should mean 13 wins keeps us above them.

But we need another team to stay on 13 wins in order to play finals. Geelong is one option, they just need to lose to Hawthorn next week and 13 is their limit (though the percentage gap between them and us is only 8.5% at the moment). Sydney is another - they can only lose once to make it to 14 and they have GWS on the road as one of them. So if they drop one more (and for us to get to 13 that should hopefully be their game against us), they'll also cap out at 13.

The problems for us start with North running the table and moving to 14. If that happens, and if Geelong beats Hawthorn next week, the pressure ramps up for us. We'd then need Sydney to flop (losing to Collingwood tonight becomes very useful for us) but we probably also need Sydney to then knock Hawthorn off in the last round. Otherwise we're then starting to hope for Port or Collingwood to fall apart and only win once more out of their last four.

Of course, if we just take destiny into our own hands and get to 14 ourselves, none of this matters.

North will win all 3. Mark them down to finish on top of us. 

23 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Great. Will make up for the crap losses we had earlier. 

I understand people wanting certain teams to win or lose, i just want the MFC to keep winning, match harden for September, it’s wide open if the Filth lose and Josh Kennedy has a dodgy leg  

You do know that you sorta said what the other people you understand are saying... :)