GAME DAY

Josh

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

Many options in richmond, all will be jam packed. depends on your type of place you like, Ive tried them all.

The Cricketers on Punt road, nice old fanshioned joint

The London - big beer garden

Richmond club hotel on Swan if you want to pick up after the game

City-wise the Duke of Wellington on flinders is alright and i think affiliated with the Dees. 5% off your drinks if you are brave enough to show your membership

Also the Mountain View in Bridge Road (Barassi’s old pub)!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

After lurking around the Richmond Bigfooty forum, I'm staggered that so many of them think they'll lose to us.

You'd think most of them would be unbearably cocky after winning the flag.

They know they Bradury'ed their way to the flag.

They are hardly a powerhouse.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

After lurking around the Richmond Bigfooty forum, I'm staggered that so many of them think they'll lose to us.

You'd think most of them would be unbearably cocky after winning the flag.

There is the grog squad (aka Geelong / Hawthorn / Pies etc) which is unbearable BBP but outside of that they have a big mix of supporters who have mostly seen years of not doing so well like us.  I have found the normal ones that I've run into to actually be, in the main, realists rather than cocky like the Hawks / Bombres / Norf (against us before we beat them).  Or generally obnoxious like the Pies / Saints.

In most big matches in the past we have tended to do pretty well or hold our own against them also.  Supporters have long memories.

Edited by Rusty Nails

1 hour ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

i rate richmond super highly and have done for several years - 2016 was an aberration for them, and 2017 they made up being knocked out in elimination finals in 2013, 2014, and 2015

they've been in the finals for four of the last five years and have, arguably, three of the best 10 players in the afl in martin, rance, and cotchin

their small forwards and defensive press is incredible

i think they'll well and truly put us away - 7 goals plus - but i honestly don't think it's the end of the world as they're the reigning premiers and have started the year on fire compared to our wobbly beginnings to 2018

I agree that Richmond are an impressive side again this year, but personally I think we match up on them pretty well, and  arguably if we hadn't if it wasn't for the injuries that hurt us last year,  we would have won the last 4 against them.
Stats above from ET actually show that a lot of indicators don't say we are that far off. But last week v the Hawks left a pretty nasty taste in our mouths.

Tipping Richmond to win by under 4 goals, but if it remains dry I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us get up. 

5 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

In most big matches in the past we have tended to do pretty well or hold our own against them also.  Supporters have long memories.

Not on here they don't mate. Either goldfish or trapped somewhere around 1972

Dees by 15 points (if it doesn't rain)

Edited by Go the Biff

If it is slightly wet we will get done by 10 goals. If it is dry a small chance of winning. Richmond are full of confidence at the momment and I can't see them being off for a big game. Melbourne can't handle the wet ball and begin to play stupid footy. I would love it if they proved me wrong about last comment tonite.

4 minutes ago, dl4e said:

If it is slightly wet we will get done by 10 goals. If it is dry a small chance of winning. Richmond are full of confidence at the momment and I can't see them being off for a big game. Melbourne can't handle the wet ball and begin to play stupid footy. I would love it if they proved me wrong about last comment tonite.

I'm in Collingwood (maybe 2km from the G) and it just down poured for about 2 minutes and stopped. It doesn't look promising for tonight.

If we've learnt anything from last weekend, it's that we can't play in the wet.  

3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I'm in Collingwood (maybe 2km from the G) and it just down poured for about 2 minutes and stopped. It doesn't look promising for tonight.

Unfortunately not just last weekend. It has been our way for a while. Worst bit is Richmond play the wet ball well.

Must be money going on the Dees (who would be stupid enough aside from me??)

we are into $2.50.

I am confident about winning for some reason - its freaking me out

I am was not confident last week. 

11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Snap. on smith street. Rain drying. Hoping that is the last of it. Fearing it isn't.

At least macca will be on the bench to tell them to stop farting around with ball and get it forward.

I have listened to Goody.  I don’t trust them- he told me not to.

i will get along and barrack hard (no anti social cuss words) and drink beer.

i will be aggrieved if they don’t put in a huge effort, regardless of outcome.  That would be a ‘fail’ in my book.

looking for the inclusions to show something.

Tonight is the best time to prove naysayers wrong.

Not only are we playing the gold standard as far as opposition goes, it's in the conditions we have struggled with.

Note to players: When we beat the Tiges in 2015, it was raining in patches too. We won because we didn't try to play like the Harlem Globetrotters and just got the essentials done.

It annoys me that Richmond and Collingwood get to participate in these games. Most of their blokes got white feathers in the mail. Their Anzac Day uniform should have a superimposed image of Daniel Mannix on their chest.

1 minute ago, binman said:

Question without notice. I just got told all ga tickets have sold out. I have always assumed my membership would get me in in that eventuality. Is my assumption correct?

r u talking MCC or MFC?   All MCC visitor tickets (GA and reserved seating) have gone.  Your MFC membership will still get you in I would think and would be good for standing room at a minimum.

Just now, Copuchas said:

r u talking MCC or MFC?   All MCC visitor tickets (GA and reserved seating) have gone.  Your MFC membership will still get you in I would think and would be good for standing room at a minimum.

Sorry, yes mfc.